Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 01-08-2009, 07:08 PM   #11
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Default Re: Fallout 2: Temple of Trials and other questions.

The more I use gifted, the less I like it. Of course, this is tainted by my use of character editors, where you can get those 5 extra stat points without the trade-off.

I'm thinking I'm gonna drop in on Modoc before hitting Vault city. Never done it before, and in the past I always lost interest in the mess that is vault city.

Side note: Playing made me want to try Arcanum:Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura, but to my dismay, the game won't function on my computer. Install runs smoothly, but when I try to run the executable, nothing happens, at all.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 05:36 AM   #12
Stratos
Vampire

You get alot for the extra stat points. Some perks, for example, get easier accesable and you don't have to gimp your character to get them. The loss in skill points is negible if you have a decent Intelligence score.

Of course, with character editors, all forms of trade-offs can simply disappear. That's why I never use them myself.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:59 PM   #13
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Well, power plant repaired and optomized. Out of curiosity, how much time do you have left when the witchdoctor guy comes to you in a dream?

'Nother thought came to mind. In "Rat God" mission, there are some beams that say if sufficient force were applied to them the roof may collapse or something to that effect. Is there something to that, or is it just a random detail.

Last edited by Firestormalpha; 01-10-2009 at 12:23 AM.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:28 AM   #14
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

AFAIK, there is no time limit after a certain patch. There was no time limit for that certain part of the game, only for the entire game which was 13 years or something. The witch doctor is just a gameplay motivator.

As for the rat god stuff, that's actually never-implemented stuff that can be restored with the Fallout 2 restoration mod. http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dlo...e&file_id=1097

Last edited by JrKASperov; 01-10-2009 at 11:33 AM.
JrKASperov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:29 AM   #15
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Ok, yeah, Sulik's really starting to bug me. He keeps blocking me into places and the only way out is through him. If I were playing an evil character and didn't need the pack mule I'd have gunned him down by now. Ok, time to set his follow distance at maximum.

Not really seeking an answer for anything with this post, just venting.

Add: many thanks JrKASperov, I was starting to get that impression when a particular event happened.

Old 01-10-2009, 02:13 PM   #16
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Intriguing Mod, I'll have to check it out when I start a new game.

Old 01-11-2009, 08:09 AM   #17
Stratos
Vampire

The Fallout 2 Restoration mod is neat, but has some bugs. Mostly minor stuff. It adds some new areas like an abbey and an EPA base.

Version 1.3 will be released very soon, so I'd rather wait for that if I were you.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:21 AM   #18
Stratos
Vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestormalpha View Post
Well, power plant repaired and optomized. Out of curiosity, how much time do you have left when the witchdoctor guy comes to you in a dream?
Well, as JrKASperov said the total time limit on the game is 13 years. Hakunin (the shaman) will send a dream every 5 month or so. When about 2 years have passed, he will send his last dream and this will start the second main quest of the game. You still have to finish the first, though.

Quote:
'Nother thought came to mind. In "Rat God" mission, there are some beams that say if sufficient force were applied to them the roof may collapse or something to that effect. Is there something to that, or is it just a random detail.
Heh, I didn't know plain vanilla FO 2 had this text. Anyway, you were meant to be able to use explosive near the beams to cause a cave-in and trap Rat God. This wasn't added to the finished game, but is one of those things added by the Restoration mod.

If you add the mod, just remember to get the fuel injector (or whatever) from the wrecked car before blowing up the joint. The passage will be blocked otherwise.