Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2003, 09:39 AM   #71
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Morning all. How are you all this warm summer day? [img]tongue.gif[/img] Sorry wellard, couldn't resist

I think I'm on to something here at work. I (for some reason I'm not clear on) have had a shift of attitude. I suddenly woke up last week and decided to be more proactive about making some changes to my work environment. It started with coming up with suggestions of what management could do to help our group feel more like a team and improve moral. Well, 2 days after I started working on that, my boss's boss had a meeting in which he asked people to come up with just that type of thing, so, good timing on my part.
He and his boss were out here this week, so I pitched my ideas to both of them and they were both very pleased not only with my suggestions, but that I spoke up at all. They've given me the task of coming up with some more concrete suggestions of how to implement my ideas, so now I'm meeting with other managers and employees to see what they've done that helped. I'm also going to set up a meeting next week with the group with no managers to see what ideas they might have.
Unfortunately, many around me are shaking their heads and sarcastically saying "good luck", but I'm taking that as a good omen. Everytime you hear of a truly successful person, it was that they went against the grain, took chances, and didn't give in even when everyone around them was telling them to do so.
I'm even hating work less, even though nothing has changed, this shift in self empowerment is really helping me feel more charged. Although, I think the fact that I've started Tai Chi recently might be helping that too!!!

Ok, back to our warm weather, butt showing, iced tea drinking discussions.
Old 06-12-2003, 10:01 AM   #72
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

same here guys, bad storms all noght long, even had some hail in it feel sorry for my husband though, he had to go to work right about the time that it started getting really bad, and he is on a motercycle [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] wound up having a 2 year olds sleeping with me cuz she got scared, the other 2 slept like logs now it is supposed to be back up in the 90's today where is the iced tea?

Harley congrats on becomeing an Empowered Woman we need more of them to completely take over the world [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
Old 06-12-2003, 10:18 AM   #73
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
same here guys, bad storms all noght long, even had some hail in it feel sorry for my husband though, he had to go to work right about the time that it started getting really bad, and he is on a motercycle [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] wound up having a 2 year olds sleeping with me cuz she got scared, the other 2 slept like logs now it is supposed to be back up in the 90's today where is the iced tea?

Harley congrats on becomeing an Empowered Woman we need more of them to completely take over the world [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
Stormy (aka Pinky) Shhh!!! You'll destroy our plans for world domination [img]graemlins/evillaughter1.gif[/img]

"The Brain"
Old 06-12-2003, 10:30 AM   #74
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

HEY SIGMAR, your link in your sig just brings you back to here, not to info about the new transformers movie.
Old 06-12-2003, 10:34 AM   #75
Sigmar
Unicorn

...Urge to kill...rising....

*sigh* I knew it was too good to be true, why didn't you say something Johnny/Willow!

Thanks Harley!

...There, I think it works now.

[ 06-12-2003, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: Sigmar ]
Old 06-12-2003, 10:34 AM   #76
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by harleyquinn:
quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:

Stormy (aka Pinky) Shhh!!! You'll destroy our plans for world domination [img]graemlins/evillaughter1.gif[/img]

"The Brain"
[/QUOTE]Doik...I forgot brain, what are we doing today brain?
Old 06-12-2003, 10:40 AM   #77
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:

*sigh* I knew it was too good to be true, why didn't you say something Johnny/Willow!

Thanks Harley!

I thought it was supposed to show that cafe thread, it showed me that when i first clicked your link. How am i supposed to know what silly useless things people like in their sigs ?
Old 06-12-2003, 10:43 AM   #78
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Happy Exams Dragonshadow! Good luck!
I only totally cr*ped up on the french.
3 or 4 days lefdt to go....
I cannot continue..... *dies*

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Old 06-12-2003, 10:52 AM   #79
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:

Thanks Harley!

I thought it was supposed to show that cafe thread, it showed me that when i first clicked your link. How am i supposed to know what silly useless things people like in their sigs ? [/QUOTE]...Urge to kill...rising...

Old 06-12-2003, 11:13 AM   #80
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

To quote Ian Anderson.... "I've got nothing to say."