Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-10-2001, 11:01 AM   #11
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

here is the sample:

Topic Closed

Topic Closed
my profile | register | search | faq | forum home

» Hello, 250 [ log out ] red.queen.design message boards » In-Character Games » Super RPG Wacky Forum! » Moonlit Battle

Author Topic: Moonlit Battle
Lia

Member # 160
posted 02-28-2001 05:13 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lia awakes and sits straight up upon hearing the screech from the raven. She grabs her bow and sword, while trying to shake off the tiredness. Her adrenaline starts to pump when she hears the goblin chatter. Her instincts tell her to run it's an ambush. Not wanting to run straight into a group of goblins, she stays close to the others.
After Cole's arrow points out where the goblins are, Lia drops the bow to the ground and takes a firm grip on her rapier. Hoping that either Seld or Kailin will engage the hobgoblin, she moves towards the nearest goblin. As the goblin draws near, Lia kicks some dirt up, hoping some will get in the foul thing's eyes.

[OOC] If Lia dispatches the goblin, she'll move to help whoever is attacking the hobgoblin (hoping for a sneak attack here).

However you want to deal with the kicking of dirt in the eyes is fine. You can always figure Lia's attack bonus is from fighting dirty.

[This message has been edited by Lia (edited 03-02-2001).]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kood
Humble Servant of Tyr
Member # 197
posted 02-28-2001 09:26 AM
Rising from his unusual nightime slumber (Kood is nocturnal), Kood readies his broken holy blade, ready to defend the kobold settlement against the hordes of elven and human invaders that surrounds him.
"Wait a minute. The dandylion-eaters and human are on my side." Kood reminds himself now that he is more awake. "Goblins bad. Elves good" Kood tells himself.

"Wait! Dont keel me! Damn elves captured me." Kood bluffs (ooc: actually using the skill) the charging goblins to gain time for him to hide (OOC: using the skill again if the bluff works) in the shadow of the trees or behind his companions. The kobold figures that since there are equal number of his companion as the charging goblin, they will more than likely ignore a fleeing kobold slave. If they do, Kood will go to a more "strategical advantageous" position (read: hidden) to take out his sling and lob a few rocks at some goblin noggin. "Hopefully the Silent One can drop the hobgoblin."

Game Note:

IC: If either the bluff doesn't work or it works and Kood start lobbing stones at the goblins. He will tell his companion, "Take one of the gobby (goblins) captive. yes?" The kobold figure a goblin is usually more helpful with information when threatened. The hobgoblin may have more information but may not be very cooperative.

OOC: And sorry guys. Didn't expect GM would move the update to camping and rest part so soon. Otherwise, Kood would usually trap the damn camp site. I 'll try to remember that next time. Better yet, GM, next time if time allows, Kood will set trip line alarm/trap to protect the camp.

____
Above is repeat from the undead thread. I should have put it here

Posts: 118 | From: Everywhere | Registered: Nov 2000 | IP: Logged

Argentum
Royal Intelligence Operative
Member # 151
posted 02-28-2001 09:30 AM
Hey Skie,
Maybe Kood and Lia can have a competition on how dirty they fight

Hmmm... Wonder what Tyr has to say about that? I know, Kood as a kobold with 1/3 of a dog's threat value is unfairly disadvantaged and is entitle to fight as dirty as he wish

Posts: 212 | From: Toronto, ON, Canada | Registered: Oct 2000 | IP: Logged

Seld'winion
Red Life Star
Member # 158
posted 02-28-2001 10:18 AM
"Wha? Someone's attacking us!"
Waking up as quickly as one can, given short notice and the attendant adrenalin rush of being attacked, Seld stands while reaching for his longsword. As soon as he sights where the attack is coming from, he moves to intercept the assault and hopefully break up the charging goblins before they actually enter the camp...

OOC: Seld attacks the nearest goblin with his longsword, staying on the offensive and trusting to his superior dexterity, hoping for a quick kill before the other goblins can come to its aid. If at any time Seld finds himself facing off against more than one opponent, then Seld will go on the defensive, trying to prevent them from landing any blows but at the same time looking for attacks of opportunity to take them out. When or if Seld is able to defeat the first goblin he attacks, he will then repeat the above tactics with the second assailant in turn, then the third. If he gets through all the grunts without serious injury, then Seld will set off after the leader with the intent to try and corner/incapacitate him per Kood's suggestion if the leader hasn't retreated by then. In any case, Seld will try his best to give the rest of the party a chance to collect themselves and form a defense against the group that is attacking.

Shooter, re: wearing armor while sleeping... Good question since no one bothered to specify before sacking out. Considering that the party is still in what they might think of as hostile territory, I would believe that there's a reasonable chance that everyone was wearing thier armor unless it was truely uncomfortable to do so given weather, how stiff the armor type is, how tired the individual is (more tired = less likely they'd take the effort of removing armor first), etc.

hehe The last backpacking trip I went on was for seven days and by the last night or two, all I wanted to do was take off the backpack and hope it didn't rain. Forget about rolling out the sleeping bag, let alone pitching a tent.

Seld'winion would definitely have taken off his chain shirt if he felt safe about it for a whole night. Considering where they're at however, and that a chain shirt is about as loose as regular clothing, plus its apparent weight would be a lot less while laying down not having to carry most all of it on his shoulders, I would suspect that a fighter would leave the chain on for a night or two until they found themselves in less threatening territory.

P.S. Whoops! Made the same mistake as Kood, posting on the previous thread instead of here, where this post belongs. *^_^*

Neosapien
Messenger of Corellon Larethian
Member # 204
posted 02-28-2001 08:07 PM
Kandor jumps up, mutters, "Huh, what, oh, there the pit fiends are. How'd I end up in a forest at night?" He then(if he can) darts in and out of the goblins' way, attacking occasionally, as to try to distract them, attack, and get out without too much injury.
OOC: Kandor wears his scale mail to sleep even if he is sleeping in a magical castle of his own with 3,000 Solars guarding him. In other words, he never removes his armor and he sleeps with his hands somewhere like 2 feet from his sword/shield.

Kailin Silvertree
Disciple of Ehlonna

Member # 275
posted 02-28-2001 08:29 PM

quote:
Shooter
[OOC]Wha? Who? How? Damit, how did you get a post in between mine, Rouver? My ICQ never showed you online.

OOC: Hehe...I dunno. YOU didn't show up on my ICQ either, and I was watching for you
IC:
Kailin sweeps her blanket off her, and you see that she has been sleeping with her longsword at her side and her leather armor still on. Kailin is on her feet in an instant, longsword in hand, having learned to sleep lightly while on the road. With her hair sticking in all directions, you see fire glinting in her silver eyes, but are unsure if it's firelight reflecting, or a passion from within.

She sees the goblins charging towards their camp, and readies her weapon against the charge (PHB p124?). If none of them charge her, she will engage the nearest (hob)goblin. She will try to stay near her bow, so if an opportunity presents it, she can use it. If anyone in the party looks like they are having a hard time with an attacking goblin, she will try to aid them. When there is one remaining goblin, if it is engaged with someone else, she will attempt to run up behind it & knock it on the back of the skull with the hilt or flat of her sword. If it is already pretty wounded, she will loop part of her silk rope around its neck and choke it until it's unconscious (staying close behind it, so it is unable to turn around and attack her).

[This message has been edited by Kailin Silvertree (edited 02-28-2001).]

Rouver
Veshtoi Criminal
Member # 173
posted 03-01-2001 03:32 PM
OOC: C'mon Shooter...roll the bones.

------------------
We're fine. We're all fine here...now...thank you. How are you?

Posts: 501 | From: famed Hoosier land | Registered: Nov 2000 | IP: Logged

Lomithion
Red Life Star
Member # 78
posted 03-01-2001 04:12 PM
Not to second guess Shooter's temporary absence from this battle, but keep in mind he did just recently move to the Seattle WA area. Hopefully everything's OK with him and he's just taking the time to clean up the mess, or even more hopefully, is just real busy at work.
Who was it that performed that song?... 'Shake, Rattle and Roll'? Jerry Lee Lewis? I can't remember. Maybe we should chip in and send him the album...

Posts: 128 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Oct 2000 | IP: Logged

Rouver
Veshtoi Criminal
Member # 173
posted 03-01-2001 06:08 PM
It's a reference to a Rush song, titled Roll The Bones (the phrase, of course, meaning to roll dice, which used to be made of bone)...plus an encouragement for Shooter to actually do so.
Anyway, he's just been working late (which you might know if you had ICQQQQQ)
I spoke with him a bit last night, and he let me know he wasn't going to post until today...plus he's got to actually roll the battle, so we'll be lucky if he gets it all worked out by tonight. I'm just excited to see how it turns out. I hope Kailin kicks some more butt.

------------------
We're fine. We're all fine here...now...thank you. How are you?

[This message has been edited by Rouver (edited 03-01-2001).]

Posts: 501 | From: famed Hoosier land | Registered: Nov 2000 | IP: Logged

Neosapien
Member # 204
posted 03-01-2001 06:49 PM
OOC: I hope we kick more butt this time too. If we do anything like what we did last time, Kandor will (hopefully) be on the road to lvl. 2. Ah, to be an adventurer... And, if you were wondering, Kandor does dream of wading into the abyss with his Holy Dancing Returning +1,000,000,000,000 Vorpal longsword of Corellon's Blessing . He is still partly dreaming, that is why he thinks the dark, slightly spiky, and somewhat large figures are pit fiends. Yes, he likes yhis coffee(dangit, how do you spell that word?). He would like Dancing Coffee even better . Please don't mind me if I am ranting and mispelling(sp?) words. I am not coherent enough to notice. As a last point, if Kood keeps doing as well as he is now, he will be able to join Kandor when Kandor goes to make his dream come true.

GM
Game Master

Member # 157
posted 03-01-2001 11:45 PM
Fleeing from the archer above them, the attackers run straight for the group, they count four strong: three goblins, and the hobgoblin that leads them. Surveying their enemies in, the hobgoblin barks out some orders, and all three goblins start to converge on Kandor. The hobgoblin charges for Kailin. No doubt this party has some hatred for the elven folk, they almost ignore the rest of the party.
Seeing the group charge straight for the group (ie where he stands), and since none of his actions even seem to register in the minds of the goblins, Kood opts for a tactical (read: cowardly) retreat. The trio of goblins slams into Kandor in a fury of war-cries, more than eager to dispatch the filthy elven scum. One manages to get Kandor right below the stomach, just missing a particularly important area of his body. The little goblins scream with glee at the nearly critical hit, further edging them on. One of the distracted goblins finds himself blinded by a bunch of dirt Lia kicks up in the small creature’s face, the thing squints its eyes and rubs them with his arm with every free action he can get, cursing all the while. Meanwhile, as focused as Kailin was to the charging hobgoblin, the thing manages to slice through her armor with its longsword, the ranger is too taken by the blow to return the favor.

Kood, having found a good ‘tactical’ position, launches a stone into the melee, hitting one of the goblins, but his blow lands almost harmlessly on the thing’s studded leather armor. Still up in the trees, Cole mutters some incomprehensible syllables as he readies another spell, moving his hands about and nocking his next shot. Kandor makes a move for the blinded goblin, but fumbles his weapon, taking him some time to recover from the poor display. Somewhat surprised by Lia’s tactics, and frustrated with the well-armored elven cleric before them, they can’t score a hit on Kandor. Lia continues after the goblin that she blinded earlier, but the thing is dancing about too much for her to find a place to plant her blade. The hobgoblin leader, imposing his size over the smaller Kailin, raises his blade high, and brings it down right across the ranger’s shoulder. Kailin stumbles, and falls to the ground. She looks about, half-aware of what’s happening around her, but can’t get up. The world just won’t stop spinning. The weight of her head is too much for her torn shoulder, and she falls to the ground, but has enough strength to keep her head from striking the earth. She lies there, eyes open, but glazed over, getting only a vague idea of what happens around her. She’s pretty sure she sees the hobgoblin let out a mighty laugh at his fallen enemy, before he moves on to his next victim.

As the hobgoblin turns away though, she sees an explosion of blood at its back, as an arrow lands deeply through the thing’s lungs, penetrating the whole chest, so that only a few inches of the arrow remain sticking from the victim’s back. The thing doesn’t even acknowledge the hit as it falls to the ground instantly. Kandor finally regains his balance and manages some kind of defense, swatting away all the attacks with his shield, as each goblin’s morning star crashes into it. Seld, moving again to the back of his opponent as it fights Kandor, strikes the thing, but his hit across the arm is not enough to stop its attack, though it does get his attention. A gleam of anger crosses the goblins eye’s as it recognizes Seld as a half-elf.

Cole prepares yet another carefully aimed shot, wanting to be careful about shooting into the melee, just as Kandor takes the head clean off the goblin that was blinded earlier. The last goblin, slowing from his wound, swings his morning star at Kandor, but almost looses his weapon. Seeing the opportunity, Seld drops his sword, and grapples the small creature. Cole, just about to shoot, finds himself too late to avert his aim from the goblin, and his arrow is off. But the shot is clumsy, and misses by quite a bit, despite the enchantment from before his shot. The ranger looks a little puzzled.

Any concern of Cole’s is short lived though. He sees Kandor join the grapple, and before long, Seld has the goblin pinned. Kailin’s movement catches his eye. She sits up groggily, barely aware of her surroundings. Cole jumps down from the tree, taking the fall heavily, and runs towards where the melee was.

[OOC]
Hmm, something about listening to Orff’s Carmina Burana while rolling a battle just makes it seem more…epic.

Click here for battle details http://members.home.net/gmshooter/campain/battle04.html

Quick Summary: Kandor took 1 point of damage. Kailin took 10 points of damage, and is disabled at zero hit points.

Oh, and just so you all know, my lack of posting has nothing to do with the earthquake here, and everything to do with the fact that I’m ridiculously busy right now. And it will remain that way for about the next two weeks, so I may miss posting occasionally. There was no damage to my apartment, save for the fallen piles of CDs and DVDs that were scattered all around my place when I got home. And the lab is all ok, thank god we’re in a super-earthquake-resistant structure.

Posts: 94 | From: Unknown | Registered: Oct 2000 | IP: Logged

Kood
Humble Servant of Tyr
Member # 197
posted 03-02-2001 08:42 AM
Kood rush to Kailin's aid, yelling to whoever that is not require to subdue the goblin, "some one help Princess Beanpole. Her not look well, not at all."
"ooooh... she is going to kick your tiny behind real bad when she get better. She hate little pathetic kobold like you." the all too familiar little voice that is the kobold's instinct tells Kood. Kood tries best to ignore it while tending Kailin's wound. He only wish the Kandor have a few spare healing spell.

* * * (assuming the goblin would get bounded soon, let the inquisition begin) * * *

"Name?"
"Rank?" (OOC:what?)
"Where gobby come from?"
"Who does gobby answer to?"
"Who's the dead hobgoblin?"
"Who does dead hobgoblin answer to?"
"What's the last digit of Pie?" (OOC: )

If the goblin is not co-operative, Kood will try to play the "bad-guy" with any interested members of the party who will be playing the good guy along the line of, "talk or we let the kobold suck your brains out." Kood is not a cannibal of course but he doesn't mind scaring the guy a bit. Hmmm... maybe borrowing some herbs from Kandor's backpack and rubbing his little paws and licking his lips while looking at the goblin expectantly.

Lomithion
Red Life Star
Member # 78
posted 03-02-2001 11:02 AM
Seld welcomes Kandor's help in restraining the goblin. By the time Cole arrives, they've already broken out the rope and hog tied thier would-be assailant.
"Kandor, you need to go and check out Kailin. I saw her go down pretty hard and I think she's in serious need of your ministrations. I'll hold this slime here until the others gather before we start asking a few questions."

Seld places his longsword heavily on the goblin's throat, giving it cause to suddenly become very still lest he develop a second mouth, while Kandor helps out Kailin. In the meantime, Kood is already trying to pry info out of the captive but whether due to fright, bravery, or stupidity, has yet to give up any answers.

"Well, Kood, I don't know that this poor unfortunate wants to talk. Maybe we should stop wasting our time here and just go ahead and kill him. I'm starting to get a little hungry myself. Do roasted Cicadas work for spicing up goblin steak?"

OOC: Rouver, I'm suprised I didn't recognise that song title. I used to (looooong time ago) listen to Rush all the time. 2112, Farewell to Kings, Exit stage left, etc. I guess the cut you're refering to is a more recent release or I've been away from my old cassettes too long? And about the ICQ hint... If it was any more subtle I'd be in the hospital with blunt trauma injuries. LOL

P.S. Shooter, I haven't given you any updates recently about progress on Vohr's inn but not to worry. All the furniture is done except for a few cosmetic cosmetic features and the common room itself is shaping up nicely. I was delayed five days due to house sitting for a friend but I should be sending you a WIP of the common room for approval soon, before I take it too much further.

Posts: 128 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Oct 2000 | IP: Logged

Neosapien
Member # 204
posted 03-02-2001 02:55 PM
Kandor nods at Seld's remark and heads over to Kailin. He will dance around while mumbling as long as Kailin is still injured and the dancing will still heal . Then he will go over and join the interrogation. If the goblin is unwilling to cooperate, Kandor will hold the tip of his blade to the neck of the goblin. If he is still unhelpful, he will chop off part of the goblin's foot. Once the interrogation is complete, he will take note of the battle in his journal. He will then start making very sure the enemy is very, VERY dead, i.e., he will make sure their limbs have been severed and burned, then he will stab thenm a couple times in the heart(Kandor is also doing this so it is harder to raise the goblins). "HEY! these things aren't Pit Fiends!"
OOC: Interesting. We are doing worse than the last battle, but still successful.

[This message has been edited by Neosapien (edited 03-02-2001).]

Lia

Member # 160
posted 03-02-2001 04:45 PM
With combat over, Lia takes a long look around the camp. Seld and Kood are busy interogating a goblin. From what she picks up, they're playing bad hero - worse hero. I wonder if the gobling even understands common.
She casts a glance at Kailin. Looks like Kandor's going to do his holy man mumbo-jumbo. Lia has a concerned look on her face which disappears in the blink of an eye. Had you been watching Lia, you'd wonder if the firelight was playing tricks on your eyes.

Not having anything else to do, Lia begins looting the bodies of the enemy.

[OOC] I updated my other post in this topic with some filler.

Argentum: It would be interesting, but without the rest of the group; I think both of them would be fleeing more than fighting.

Cole
Guardian of Eari
Member # 156
posted 03-02-2001 11:34 PM
Cole gets to Kailin at about the same time as Kandor. He gives the cleric way, knowing that his holy powers will likely prove more effective than his own healing abilities. Rather confused by the clerics actions (dancing?), he props Kailin up in his arms, truly concerned. Elves. I'll never figure 'em out. Some can be kind and welcoming, some can be harsh and rude, and others...can just be simply strange. He takes his wineskin and pours the contents over the wound. The alcohol in it stings but is likely doing some good cleaning up the wound. Cole removes his cloth belt, about to use it to try to stop the bleeding from the huge gash across Kailin's shoulder, as Kandor moves in and lays his hands over the fallen ranger. The wound completely vanishes, save for the blood stains that cover her armor and clothing. Her other wound is almost completely closed as well, now covered by hardened blood, smaller than it was before. Some life returns to her body, and Cole cautiously lets her go, unsure if she will be able to hold her balance. Its his first experience with clerical healing, and he's not quite sure how effective it can be mentally, despite its obvious physical effects. His business done, Kandor returns to the interrogation.
The poor goblin just looks at the group, eyes wide, with confusion marking the thing's face. Kood continues to rant at the thing, and Kandor threatens it with his sword, all as Seld plays as the intimidator, in charge of the situation. Becoming uncomfortable with the situation unfolding at the interrogation, Cole rises reluctantly from Kandor's side. After an exchange of glances, he makes his way to the trio who harass the goblin. He takes position, right beside Seld, but behind Kandor and Kood-- and watches.

The encounter worsens, as Cole had worried might happen. Kood seems completely psychotic, ranting, and most likely enjoying that for once, something is scared of him, but the ranger sees little harm in the kolbold’s actions. Kandor though, worries him. He has his blade right at the thing’s throat, and he doesn’t say a word. Methodical. The goblin isn’t the only one scared, as Cole plays out what may happen in his head. Then it does. Kandor moves his sword down to the goblin’s foot, and begins a motion meant to do only one thing, sever it. Shit, the god dammed cleric’s lost it, what the hell does he think he is—Kandor’s blade penetrates the skin of the goblin just as Cole’s elbow meets the elf’s chin with a loud crack. The cleric stands there dumfounded, and Cole pushes him to the ground violently, using his sheer size over the elf (nearly twice the weight) to topple his companion over. He stands over him—yelling.

“LAT HIETH MACH IST VIERCH IC’N SOL…” The ranger completely forgets that his handicap prevents anyone from understanding him as he screams at Kandor. It’s the first time you’ve seen so much anger in the ranger’s normally stoic face, probably the first time you’ve seen so much anger in anyone’s face. The damned thing can’t understand a word you’re saying and you go about torturing it? Sadistic bastard! What kind of cleric are you? What in the name of your god gives you such a right? “…CAD RACH!” The ranger finishes with a huge intake of breath, and kicks some dirt on Kandor’s face, then spits to the ground to his side. Infuriated, he cuts the goblin free with the small knife he used to keep beneath his belt, not waiting for anyone’s permission. One swift motion breaks the rope enough for the goblin to flee. With that, Cole marches off, abandoning the group, heading for Hauthlor, Trynn on his shoulder.

[OOC]Kandor, you took 3 points of damage from Cole’s elbow. Kailin, you were healed 9 points by Kandor's cure light wounds spell.

[This message has been edited by Cole (edited 03-02-2001).]

Posts: 57 | From: Earian Forest | Registered: Oct 2000 | IP: Logged

Kood
Humble Servant of Tyr
Member # 197
posted 03-03-2001 06:23 AM
Kood is very surprise that Kandor actually wanted to torture the little goblin. The kobold just want to scare the goblin for information. He was planning to letting it go after the questioning, afterall he wouldn't be alive today if a certain ranger and mage didn't let him go years ago.
In a way, he is glad that Cole stopped Kandor. However it seems that Cole and Kandor is going to really have it out each other and the little kobold doesn't want that to happen.

"Are you crazy, Kood? Playing the peace maker between those two?!" the all too familiar little voice in his head told the kobold.

"Calm down fellows." Kood step between the two.

"Do you ever listen? No." the little kobold instinct tells Kood again.

"Silent One, what Treeswinger did to se gobby 's not right, I think. But Treeswinger told me on the trek to the cave yesterday of how village Treeswinger came from was wipe out when him be young and , Him zis still angry. He be just acting out se anger. Kood be sure that in time God of Cresent Moon (Kobold name for Corellon) will guide him back to se path. Se Moon Lord (Corellon) be the god of life, Treeswinger just remember too much of Moon Lord's lesson in battle. Ze Moon God will guide Treeswinger back to da path. It not be our job ta dispense divine retribution. So Silent One please understand."
Kood tells Cole and then turn to Kandor, "and Master Treeswinger, Kood wish that Master would let little gobby go. A mage and a ranger let Kood go once. Kood was not too different from gobby there. Because of their kindness, Kood learn mercy and remember lesson of se Lord's justice, and recalls how Armand used to lived his life in justice and Kood want to be as good and just as Armand again, so Kood be good little kobold since. So give little gobby the same chance, please."

[This message has been edited by Kood (edited 03-03-2001).]

Neosapien
Member # 204
posted 03-03-2001 10:18 AM
Kandor, still confused and a bit dizzy, sits up and contemplates Kood's words. If Cole is still in the area, he will apologize for his actions and say that he was holding his sword to the goblin's neck merely to scare it into giving them information, and he got a little too carried away. He did not realize the goblin did not speak Common. He will then find a good rock or something some distance from camp to sort things out in his head on.
[This message has been edited by Neosapien (edited 03-03-2001).]

Kailin Silvertree
Disciple of Ehlonna

Member # 275
posted 03-03-2001 08:09 PM
As Kailin comes to, she remebers the immediate past in fuzzy flashes....Cole's flaming arrow exploding in the goblin's head; a large goblin towering over her, as she futilely tried to parry the overpowering downsweep of it's sword; seeing the world tilt around her, as if the horizon had suddenly been switched vertically; noises of battle, but darkness; the lifting of a great pain and weight in her left shoulder.
As she slowly sits up, time seems to have slowed, and she tries in vain to make sense of what is happening around her. She moves her head around, trying to see what is going on, but someone has apparently thickened the air, and her head doesn't want to turn fast enough. She hears a sharp crack, like a breaking branch, and time snaps back into focus....and all her foggy vision can see is the back of Cole as he's leaving. Unable to think clearly, all she knows is that Cole's the closest thing to a friend in this group, so she snatches her blanket, stuffs it in her bag, grabs her equipment, and doggedly jogs after him, head lowered, weaving ever so slightly every now and then. You can see the blanket flopping out of her pack as she trots away.

Her face and neck itch a bit, so she scratches at it...feeling something flaking away, she notices dried brown stuff under her nails when she pulls her hand away. Was I injured? What happened? And why are we leaving?

OOC: Roll The Bones is also the title of the cd...and if you consider 1991 as 'recent,' then, yes...JUST came out.

[This message has been edited by Kailin Silvertree (edited 03-03-2001).]

Kood
Humble Servant of Tyr
Member # 197
posted 03-03-2001 09:56 PM
"Vee probably may as well leave se camp site. Da gobbies might not from too far away, and zat one there is not very likely to turn a new leaf." Kood who practically doesn't have any possession to pack runs after Cole.
"Come on, Silent One. Wait Up. Treeswinger be sorry. Forgiveness is a virtue..." Kood catches his breath. Running and talking doesn't go very well together.

"Look. Ya walk away, ya gave up on Treeswinger there. That be giving another kick to se trouble soul. Zat kind of act be no better than killing se gobby back dere. Besides, Princess Beanpole be injured and there be elves hating gobbies about zis wood..." Kood continues. "Damn, deese rangers sure move fast in se wood..." Kood mutters under his breath. "Wait up."

Seld'winion
Red Life Star
Member # 158
posted 03-03-2001 10:06 PM
At first, Seld thought that Kandor was just scaring the goblin into giving up what it knows, of course not even considering that it didn't understand common speech. When Cole came over and let Kandor have it on the chin, Seld, with eyes wide from suprise, looked first at Cole, then Kandor, then Kood, then the rapidly departing goblin...
Seeing that no real harm seemed to have been done except the already swelling lump on Kandor's chin, just shrugged his shoulders and picked himself up off the ground.

"OK, I guess that means no more scare tactics."

After he collects himself and falls in with the others as they begin their trek again, Seld speaks up to no one in general.

"Not that we were going to kill that goblin anyway, after all, we *could* have just left it tied up with a slip knot that it could have worked loose from in a couple of hours, but now that he's on his merry way we'll have to keep watch for any of his friends that might be nearby looking for revenge. Might not be a bad idea to keep an eye out for that."

Not hearing any response at first, which wasn't suprising now that everyone was either injured or depressed, Seld dealt with it simply by falling back to the rear where he could keep better guard against anybody trying to hunt them down, and frequently looking back over his shoulder to keep watch.

Cole
Guardian of Eari
Member # 156
posted 03-04-2001 12:32 AM
Cole continues his march away from the campsite, but slows a bit as Kailin catches up. He looks back over his shoulder to her, and a look of indifference flashes across his face for a second as they make eye contact. She takes the expression as a friendly gesture, owing to the anger she saw in his face a second earlier. Cole turns his head to face ahead of him again, marching forward. Kood eventually catches up, forcing words out between his heavy breaths. Cole doesn't even acknowledge him. The kolbold seems to dance around: he runs up, turns to face Cole and spit out a few words, as Cole passes him by, not slowing in the least. Then Kood jumps out of the furious ranger's path, all to start after him again to get a few more words in. Cole's lack of verbal response, of course isn't that surprising. But completely ignoring the Kolbold shows just how furious he is, not to mention how stubborn he can be.
"...Zat kind of act be no better than killing se gobby back dere..." Kood compares Cole's actions to the one he condemned in Kandor. Cole's right eye brow raises for a brief second, in thought, but he continues on. Kood saw it though, and presses the issue further. Kood continues to struggle to keep up with the ranger, again, not because he's any slower, but just because its hard to take a forced march, and keep on turning around to try and talk. "Wait up," Kood says, finally out of ideas.

Surprisingly, Cole does indeed stop. Both Kailin and Kood freeze in their tracks too, not sure what to expect from the infuriated ranger. Cole lets out a huge sigh, and he slouches over a bit as his shoulders fall. The elf and kolbold similarly release some tension, as Cole turns around. He runs both his hands slowly though his hair, squeezing on his head, eyes wide open and looking up as he thinks. Finally he looks at his two persuers and lets out a small chuckle in the form of a quick exhale. Then he looks behind them, at the rest of the group that seems to be coming as well. A forced, but not completely insincere smile crosses his face.

*sigh*

Cole points back to the camp, right at the fire that's clearly visible in the night landscape. Its still burning quite well.We can't all leave with the fire still burning now, can we? He looks at the moon, judging the time left until the sun begins to rise. Two or three hours. Well, I guess that was pretty stupid of me to cut the goblin loose. He's likely going to go get some support. But it will take him some time, there were no fires on the horizon when I was up in the tree on watch, so any camp of his is likely quite far. Cole only hopes that there isn't an actual goblin lair around. By the time the fire dies down, it will be morning, and they won't have such an easy time tracking us without a light beacon to summon them.

He looks about the group, waiting to see if anyone will come to the same conclusion as him.

[This message has been edited by Cole (edited 03-04-2001).]

Kood
Humble Servant of Tyr
Member # 197
posted 03-04-2001 04:20 PM
If there isn't any wind (or the wind is very weak) then Kood will say, "Forget the fire Silent One, it burn itself out soon. The ground be still wet. (remembering the foot print in the mud earlier in the afternoon)"
The kobold sits down and catches his breathe.

If there is a strong wind,
"Okay, everyone chill out here. Kood can see in dark. Kood go back and put it out."

If Kood has to go back alone, he will trek there hiding amongst the shadow of the trees.

OOC: Got two moves in a single day. Well being sick at home does have its advantage

Neosapien
Member # 204
posted 03-04-2001 04:20 PM
Kandor takes a while longer to sort everything out to a point he is completely confused and starts following the group, a bit back.

Kailin Silvertree
Disciple of Ehlonna

Member # 275
posted 03-04-2001 08:17 PM
Kailin follows Cole's arm, and looks back at the fire and Kandor. She nods, thinking that he means for Kandor to tend to the fire on his own. She too, looks at the moon, and says, "Yeah, would be best if we moved out now while it's still cool." as she thinks back on yesterday, with the noon sun beating down on them.
She turns her back to the fire, brings her pack in front of her, and finishes stuffing her equipment into it an fastening it. She then sets out at a ground eating pace, swinging her bag back and slipping her arms through the handles. She's exhausted, and has a suspicion that she was seriously harmed, but lightly traces the hairline scar along her left jawbone with her fingertips, remembering her condition during a bloody two day forced march alone through the southern section of the Earian forest.

[This message has been edited by Kailin Silvertree (edited 03-04-2001).]

Kood
Humble Servant of Tyr
Member # 197
posted 03-05-2001 07:05 AM
"Kood carry bag for Princess Beanpole, yes? Kood be strong kobold." the little kobold offer Kailin.
OOC: I hope Kailin does not have a very heavy bag. Despite his claim, Kood has an amazing strength score that can almost be counted with one hand! eg. if he tried on Kandor's backpack, it will effectively turn Kood into a tortoise. Kood has to crawl to carry that. Hey, that would make Kood looks like Gamera

[This message has been edited by Kood (edited 03-05-2001).]

Seld'winion
Member # 158
posted 03-05-2001 07:10 PM
"Ahhh... I say we go ahead and let the fire burn. If it's going to attract something, I'd rather not be around when it shows up. But if yer still goin' to insist on putting it out, I'll stay to keep guard until the job is done."

Kailin Silvertree
Disciple of Ehlonna

Member # 275
posted 03-05-2001 08:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kood:
"Kood carry bag for Princess Beanpole, yes? Kood be strong kobold." the little kobold offer Kailin.

Kailin shakes her head no, but smiles down at the kobold in appreciation of his offer. "That's ok. My physical burden is not so heavy at this moment. If it grows too much for me, then I may ask for your assistance."

Cole
Guardian of Eari
Member # 156
posted 03-05-2001 09:05 PM
Cole shrugs his shoulders as if to say, 'oh well, lets go then.' He gives a curious look to Lia, who's tucking some things away in her pouch. He raises an eye brow, wondering what she found.
As the group marches on, he notices Kandor falling back. Cole's pretty sure its just because his load- if Cole had to carry a large shield and a tower shield along with his armor and weapons, he's pretty sure he wouldn't even be able to move. The look on Kandor's though makes him second guess himself, and the ranger falls back too. When he gets beside the cleric, he puts his hand on his shoulder, in a sign of appology and looks him in the eye.

Seld'winion
Member # 158
posted 03-05-2001 11:25 PM
With everyone in agreement then, the party heads off in the direction of the road. Its rather slow going at night, treading carefully to avoid brush, ruts, and deadfall, not to mention the occasional tree root or rock protruding from the ground.
Seld is particularly happy to leave. He knows that goblins are very communal creatures and where there's one or two, there's likely to be quite a few more not too far away.

Thinking about the goblins while walking along, Seld suddenly pauses for a moment to loosen his crossbow from his pack. Resuming his march along with the others, he cocks the bow and loads it, carrying it casually in front of him ready to respond quickly for any disturbance.

A sparkle from the trees ahead of him catches Seld's eye. As dark as it is, he could still see the shiny reflection of a pair of eyes looking directly at him from the tree branches. Avian eyes.

'Aagh! Trynn again!' Seld thinks to himself. He can't really see the raven behind the eyes, ravens being black and as it is night afterall, but is convinced never the less that the strangely intelligent bird is the source of the two pinpoints of light. 'That blackbird is staring at me again! WHY? If you think yer goin to catch me by suprise, think again fowl! I'll not let ye drive me insane with yer scrutinizing stare. I'll find out yer reason sooner or later... Read THAT thought if you will!'

Lia

Member # 160
posted 03-06-2001 04:09 AM
[OOC] I'm going to play catch up, I haven't been able to post as consistantly as I'd like.
[IC] Upon hearing Cole yelling in some incomprehensible language, Lia turns and stares. Kandor's cowering under him, and Cole looks furious about something. The ranger then releases the goblin, and Lia stands there confounded.

She stands there frozen as Cole starts walking off with Kood trying to stall him. It's then that both Kailin and Seld start quickly packing their things. We're leaving already?

With a shrug Lia continues to loot the rest of the goblins. I should be able to catch up quickly with both Kailin and Kandor slowing them down. When she finishes, she's surprised to see Cole and the rest waiting for her. She gives a half smile before sprinting over to her pack and tossing the bedroll into it.

After taking a glance around to make sure she didn't leave anything, Lia makes a short jog to her companions.

Kood
Humble Servant of Tyr
Member # 197
posted 03-06-2001 07:15 AM
"So did Purty Lady find any bauble from dead gobbies. Baubles that will tell everyone who or where they be from?" Kood hops over to Lia and ask.

"Do they have any big swords? Really big swords*?" the kobold adds.

* Just spend last night on icq with the GM, trying to convince him to somehow circumvent the silly rule that doesn't let a size S creature wield a size L weapon. Any ideas guys?

And GM: this is far from over

Neosapien
Member # 204
posted 03-06-2001 03:34 PM
Kandor looks up at Cole and says, "Thanks, I don't know what got into me. Then again, perhaps I do." At this point he tells Cole his story(ooc:actually the bio) if he has not heard it, if he has then Kandor will make a reference to it. He lets out a sigh and looks at the stars overhead. He is clearly so deep in thought he almost drifts away from the group, but not quite.
OOC: Shooter, I just remembered how Cole was confused when Kandor was dancing to heal Kailin, that was just a joke because Lia thought Kandor danced and mumbled whenever he healed somebody.

Lia

Member # 160
posted 03-07-2001 04:06 AM
Kood mentioning a big sword brings back the memory of him trying to lift the great sword. Her lips form a smile. Realizing the kobold doesn't have any idea why she's smiling, she tries to surpress it with no success.
"I found about 30gp on the bodies. Aside from their equipment, which included a long sword, they didn't have anything of value. If you were wanting the sword, you'll have to head back. I had thought I'd have to catch up with the group, so I didn't grab any of the heavier stuff."

[OOC] Neo: That was an overexaggeration on Lia's part. She doesn't put much stock in religion or gods.

On a side note: It would be interesting if their were clerics who only did their spells and prayers in song.

All times are PDT (US)

Topic Closed

Hop To: Select a Forum:Category: Role-Playing Games--------------------D&D StufE1452:M DiscussionOther Worlds & SystemsTales of High AdventureCategory: In-Character Games--------------------Super RPG Wacky Forum!The Company of the First LightCategory: Miscellaneous Debris--------------------Movies & StufZany LinksQuotesMusic

Contact Us | red.queen.design

Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.02

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 04-10-2001).]
Old 04-10-2001, 11:05 AM   #12
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

seems fun??!!
Old 04-10-2001, 11:06 AM   #13
Magick_Mike
Dungeon Master

Im in 100% I was wondering why no one was doing this here anyway. Are we using 2nd or 3rd edition rules? I vote for 2nd, 3rd is too confusiing for some newer people and for online play
Old 04-10-2001, 11:24 AM   #14
Rikard

How about spells?
What spells are availible?

------------------

Old 04-10-2001, 12:43 PM   #15
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikard:
How about spells?
What spells are availible?

It would be my guess that it would be any spells allowed by the DM. Appropriate to whatever level campaign you are trying to start that is. Also, you would normally need to "submit" whatever items/weapons you have too. There are some programs that can integrate all of this information on a PnP sheet, but you can use a text program (like Notepad) and record it there. Once you have the character set up, you normally just e-mail a copy to your DM and he will either accept it or make changes to it. Some DM's also provide pre-existing characters to use too. In my opinion though, they aren't normally as much fun cause you have to go by how they were created and will have to roleplay them that way.

If properly run, the adventure can be very satisfying. Some recommendations about people that are unavailable is usually to "allow" someone else to claim their PC until they can return as not to interrupt flow of the adventure, or to naturally substitute the character during the campaign (let someone else add their character while temporarily removing the other character (kidnapping, teleportation, dopple ganger encounter, etc.)

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 04-10-2001, 02:04 PM   #16
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

so anyone up for it? we might need a web site to store our character information, and display rolls and such

BTW, i know a place to download roll calculator and such
Old 04-10-2001, 03:58 PM   #17
Rikard

I'm in 250
IF we work together
I think wouldn't survive fighting against you

------------------

[This message has been edited by Rikard (edited 04-10-2001).]

Old 04-10-2001, 04:04 PM   #18
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

lol lol, maybe you will die faster if we *work* together,

k, seems, wolfgar is in, he is DM then? I will provide the tools we need. hmmm, i hope he pick a good campaign

RudeDawg, Milmbar, Charlie, you guys in too?

we need some lady!! lets get Accord then, LOL
Old 04-10-2001, 04:17 PM   #19
Khanar
Manshoon

Sounds fun, but I'm a total AD&D idiot since I know nothing aside from what's in BG/BG2/IWD and what's in the Monster Manual I just bought. I guess I'll pass.
Old 04-10-2001, 04:22 PM   #20
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Khanar:
Sounds fun, but I'm a total AD&D idiot since I know nothing aside from what's in BG/BG2/IWD and what's in the Monster Manual I just bought. I guess I'll pass.

no, we love idiots! so come!

j/k, no worry, if you have time, do join us. we are all first timers here. so we need to get every help we can