Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2003, 02:57 AM   #1
McHaggis
Manshoon

I'm new to this game and if You would be so kind to give some general hints about playing this game. [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Thanks in advance.
McHaggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 06:11 AM   #2
HammerHead
Zhentarim Guard

I would suggest you start with a fighter type character. With the hitpoints and good armor, you'll be be able to withstand attacks longer and it will be easier to get into the "feeling" of the game.

For race, Nord would be a good choice as they have some nice magic resistances. Redguard or Orc are also good choices.

As birthsign, choose the Lady or the Warrior.

Join all the guilds and do the easy quests they give you in the beginning.

There are also 3 joinable Houses, but you can only join 1 of them.
House Redoran are the noble house suitable for fighters. House Hlallu are more suitable for stealthy characters and House Telvanni are for magic user, but you are free to join whoever you like.
Just remember if you play a fighter character, you'll advance faster in House Redoran as your best skills fits their demands.

Talk to everybody and learn what they have to say.

Try to get the merchants disposition towards you up by admiring or bribing, that way you can sell at higher prices and buy at lower.

Save often (F5).

But most of all, have fun. [img]smile.gif[/img]

C
Old 06-01-2003, 10:00 AM   #3
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
And when you're still a low level character, be careful when wandering into tombs and caves. You might not yet be ready for most of them.

Try to find a suitable armour as fast as you can. When you're a thief, go with light armour (glass), when you're a fighter, you're best bet is heavy armour. You'll have a hard time finding Daedric stuff in the beginning though.

Join as many guilds as possible, maybe even become a vampire for a while.

Never ever leave home without some "restore" potions.
Old 06-01-2003, 10:33 AM   #4
McHaggis
Manshoon

Become a vampire? How can I do that?
McHaggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 11:21 AM   #5
HammerHead
Zhentarim Guard

There are a few vampire "strongholds" out in the wilderness. By fighting them you can be smitten with vampirism, which can be cured, but allows you to join them and do a few quests.
But don't worry about that until later in the game. At low levels you won't survive long in these areas.

C
Old 06-01-2003, 05:34 PM   #6
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
At least do it before you go too far in the mainquest. I won't spoil you with this, you'll find out why later in the game.