Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-13-2002, 09:49 AM   #1
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Well... how should I begin this epic story?

Well let us name the cast of characters first:

• Me (Deathkiller)
  • RedBlueFlare's Old Next Door Neighbor (Jester)
  • Some Dude who lives just a block away (GST)
  • An Ironwors Member who Leaches off of other people's ideas (Hi-Fi)
  • And A kid just down the road who was sitting out this game to watch (Wing Zero)
ok so the 5 of us cramed onto a 2 seater couch with 2 chairs next to it and pulled out 3 normal X box controllers and one small version, we turned the system on and prepared for an average, yet wild, 4 player game of Halo using my L33T custom game type which made everyone turn on a single player and give them every vehicle imaginable along with every weapon in the game and then they had to, pretty much, take out that one person wiht all these weapons at their disposal... We decided to play on a Vehicle Supporting Map called Blood Gulch, and I, Of course, was the Unlucky fellow who would be attacked by 3 people and would try to do more damage to them than them to me... Well here's what their armnament for Blood Gulch was:
  • 1 Rocket Launcher
  • 8 Grenades each (4 Plasma 4 Fragmentation)
  • 4 Shotguns per man @_@
  • 3 Plasma Pistols
  • 2 Plasma Rifles
  • 4 Assault Rifles
  • 1 OverSheild
  • 1 Stealth Layer
  • 2 Warthog Jeeps with 3 Passenger seats, one driving, one minigunning, one riding shotgun
  • 4 Covanent Comondeered Ghosts
  • 2 SCORPION TANKS
O_O you can guess I was up a creek seeing as the only weapons I got were:
Hangun, Plasma PIstol
... as is one of my strategies I nab the stealth cloak and see if i can't steal a Scorpion Tank first, by doing so I can just run over any oponent in my way and blow up any vehicle, unless all 3 get in Ghosts then chances of my survival are only 25%... So, hoping they don't notiec a MISSING TANK I run the sucker into a cave and flip it sideways in the entrance, then I push the tank in sideways and have it land upside down inside of a cavern with only 2 small exit holes... NEITHER large enough to let the tank through... Brilliant eh? Then I see if i can't rush to the VERY CENTER of the level and grab a rocket launcher, OK so along the way if i encounter anybody I try to circle around them while drawing their fire and giving them a nice hearty THWAK to their sheild generator in the back, doing so is an instant death to their life support system... well anyway. SO then I get a rocketlaucnher and fire 2 rockets, reload while jumping out of the charging tanks way and fire again, hopefully hitting them dead on in the front, by doing so the tank may either flip of the pilot will die or the tank will flip ONTO the pilot and he'll die or some odd combination of that... OK GETTING TO HE POINT... well I hid BOTH TANKS into the cave and there was no chance in hell of me or just one or twoo of them getting them out on their own.. Well the game continued as normal, I pulled off a few nice tricks to have them bring down fire onto eachother by accident and before you knew it the game score was this: That's right... 49 to -2 and only 50 points to win the game @_@
My "oponents" were obviously NOT remembering to check their scoreboard with the back button because after asking around the room EVERYONE Swore that the team with 3 people on it was winning (even though i'd only died like 4 times) I then announced something to keep the game from ending quickly... I said "I'm going to get a warthog on the roof of the Red Base!" They said "That's easy to do! you drive warthogs INTO the red base all the time..."

INTO IT.. YES... but not right smack ON TOP of the base! Theh ramps to get to the top were specifically sized so that NO vehicle in the game could land atop the bases, that would make it unfair in some CTF matches and would give the team with the vehicles on top an unfair sniping advantage with unlimited amunition... It is possible to get a vehicle on the highest point in some other Halo Maps, but blood gulch is specifically designed for 2 base combat...
Here's my depiction of the setup... so I had no tanks 4 hovercraft and 2 warthog jeeps to mess around with and 3 guys on a team against me nowhere near winning... well they decided they'd help. GST took command of the red team and started using the warthogs as RAMPS to FLY the hovercraft up to the top of the building... I hear that you can customize an assault game type which has come to be known as "Basketball" in it people only have warthogs and ghosts, they mount the warthogs as ramps and try to "ski-shoot" the hovercraft onto the roofs of the buildings but they also try to land them in through the skylight, when you do that you technically are SEIGING the base hence your team gets a point, meanwhile the other team (With rocket launchers) is trying to PREVENT the hovercraft from entering their "Basket" while also trying to land a hovercraft of their own in the other persons base, Tanks can be used to block the entrances and it makes for a fun game as long as everone plays by the rules... well instead of trying to make it in the skylight, we were trying to land the roof, which was a little tricky but soon came naturally to us, we didn't even have to be IN the hovercraft at one point to land them up there...
well we got all 4 atop and then it was time for the BIG GAME... and I cannot stress as to HOW DIFFICULT it was to set this up thanks to my "Tank Hiding" technique... >_>

FIRST We had to get all 4 people into the cave, and only one tank could be let out, using warthogs, ghosts rocketlaunchers, and the tank all together (it took about half and hour to orchestrate this great achievement) we got the tank out of htere SPIK and SPAN with only a few scratches on it...
SO then ti was our job to get the tank (if possible) and the two warthogs on the top, well it ended up that I. while driving the tank, had ended up using two warthogs and a ghost as a ramp with a little rocket assistance HAD actually Hit the top of the base, but for some odd reason a mad bug in the game kicked in and i fell through the wall of the building for about half a minute until finally hitting the bottom of what appeared to be an endless pink void, meanwhile the tank was half-on-half-off the building and teetering violently, WingZero said that we should to push the tank on, well 3 people got under it and pushed and suprisingly (or not) the tank flipped 180 degrees in the air and landed upside down right on top of those poor folks, LUCKILY THOUGH this upside down tank proved to be a PERFECT RAMP so I ramed that sucker at high speed and then HELLO!!
We all cheered rampantly at our sucess, I would've gunned them all down with the minigun in celebration but that would have ended the game so I lined up all the vehicles on the roof and played the role of photographer...
say cheese From their perspective... From everybody's perspective... Then things started to break up after about 14 pictures were taken, we then decided to crowd everyone back in the tank again for a last photo shoot, BUT THEN i did something really stupid... I decided to show everyone the scores of the game...
and YEP they started opening fire on me faster than you could say "WHOAH HEY GUYS WAIT A SECOND!"

Suprisingly... or not... all of their shots missed, so i retaliated by shooting the tank pilot wiht a full charge blast of plasma which ate away at his sheilds and made him easy pickings for a FIST in the face... instantly killing him
Anyway... so that's how the game ended but it was cool anyway...
Once again
Thanks Guys!
*salutes infront of firing squad*
AND here's a Sig-sized version of the vehicles on the roof if any Bungie or X-box fans out there are interested...

[img]tongue.gif[/img] So what do you guys think on a scale of 1 to 10, did we waste enough good time or not?