Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2002, 09:06 PM   #11
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

The black spikey armored figures turned and looked at the scortched body ont he ground, one picked it up and jumped off, seeming to fly intot he distance. The others resumed their attack on the red haired guy they made indistinct signals toward eachother but they each proved useless, suddenly two of them leapt and grabed him byt he arms. Shinokorosha began chuckling loudly... Then he charged two large spheres of red energy and prepared to release them... then an unexpected thing happened... there was a sound of thunder, it resounded, bouncing off of the hillside and making the grasses litterally tremble, som ebuildings started to cave in but the noise was drowned out by a gunshot... Kai had mounted his rifle onto his arm, the world stood still for shinokorosha as he surveyed the environment, comming straight at him at lightening speed was a ball of well carved iron, it was going to land right between his eyes, he was being held in place and with only 1 second being too late to do anyting about it, he decided he just had to get struck... the world resumed its normal pace and the iron ball struck shinokorosha in his third eye, it started to spew blood and then shattered like glass his headpeice fell off and his hair started to get a flaming expression, red blood gushed down the top of his head and then past his face... some type of glow was eminating from the blood, time stood still again for shinokorosha... he looked at kai, who was already pouring more powder into his weapon, half of his bag this time, Lillith had fallen and was staring at everything, expecially kai in horror, the shockwave of his weapon had obviously starteled her, his vision went red, wincing he shook his head and looked up again, slowly, but in reality at lightening speed, a black armored figure was comming up behind kai... He decided that since his headpeice was gone he had no choice... time slowed to an absolute standsill, he tore his arms free from the figures beside him who's hands were still clenched as if they were around his arms... he started walking forward, slowly... he then touched his hands to kai's head and all went black... kai felt a rush of being pulled to a greater plain of understanding... the two looked at eachother...

"Can you hear me?"

"...yes...why aren't you dead?"

"...i was afraid that you would... you see, every so often, there is a person who is equal to my ability in kai, unfortunety they never truley realize their potential, it would seem that we were destined to find eachother, when i sensed your dreams I was flabberghasted, they were identical to mine... now i see that we coexist on a singular plain..."

"I shot you right between the eyes! you're a cyclops right? Those guys are supposed to die by being struck between the eyes, that's what the ledgends say..."

"no... I am not a cyclops, what my foes don't undersatnd was that clamp for my head was a RESTRAINT to keep me from using up all of my kai too quickly, I have a very... how would you say... efficient... yes... that will do... My attack methods are quite efficient..."

"attack methods?"

"well you saw, I was converting my kai into burning het matter which i ram through my foes skeletons, with the restraint radiation levels are kept safe and I don't go berserk, unfortunetly you've destroyed it, and I'm a 3 cystal born too, which means i can easily go berserk, other generations of my family are just 2 crystal, some lucky ones are one crystal, but they have to pay with mortality... Im a 3, which means I'm not supposed to live a normal life, the fact that you have equal thoguht waves to my own is absolutley astounding, and your stamina is just like mine, i learne that after I tested you... listen, we'll have to talk about these matters later, time will catch up with us soon, turn around you and use all of that powder on the guy behind you..."

Suddenly the world started spining, kai found his hands on his rifle loading it, he didn't even think, he turned quickly and pulled the flint lined trigger, the poweder ignited and threw him into the ground, the result was a fireball escapped from his rifle in a blossom and then more grey buckshot and shrapnel tore from the barrel along with thtat. The black armored figure had a small openeing ripped in his armor and the heat shot straight into the opening along witht he shrapnel, the armor exploded from the inside out and burnt peices fell atop the grass and singed it. Kai helped himself up and he took lillith and draged her onto a coblestone road and then into an alley, she was unconceouse now and scaring him. He felt her breath and she was still breathing, "thank Iron" he though as he happily watcher her in a state of sleep., She looked so peacefull... Fatigue finally caught up with Kai... He hadn't slept since running into Lilith in the feild and after reachign the town after a long walk he still didn't get a darn thing to eat.. whatever energy was left in him was depleated, He felt a little light headed and decided to rest his head next to hers in the alley, he looked up before having his eyes forced shut by nature... Meanwhile in the open Shinokorosha was still fighting with the armored foes... they were quickly throwing punches at eachother through the air... shinikorosha bent his kneck dodghing a punch and saw the two in the alley, he decided to lead his "freinds" away and shot up into the air the others followed him obediantly as he went into the mountains and dissapeared form sight. Moments later the sky became yellow and an orange blossom errupted from just beyond the horizon, it was accompanied by the loudest noise heard on the plains in centuries... millinea even... but soon everything grew quiet again... Kai and Lilith never even noticed it...

they were asleep until noon, kai felt something large and wet licking him in the ear, he winced and looked up at a large wolf tounge lapping at his face. "GYAH! AH!!" He shot up and heard gigling, he turned while on his knees and saw Lillith stretching and trying ot keep from laughing... "that just means he likes you" she said witih a smirk... Kai wiped his face profusley before the sound of boots striking cobblestone errupted and interupted the peacefull sound of the breeze passing by...

Kai looked around for his weapons, he realized that he'd fallen asleep in his armor, he quickly unsheithed his sword after remmebering that his rifle was now all but useless, he slowly looked around the corner and saw Shinokorosha standing with his back turned in some type of leather gettup... He, at first, had been wearing dark clothing, not reflective at all, it had nothing special to it but a red insignia around the collar, now he was wearing somehting in leather, a jacket which swayed in the wind, a long sleeve black shirt underneath with the same red collar, the same shirt? probably, but his simble seamless black pants were now replaced with leather, if he had the original pants underneath he must've been sweating up a storm in them, he now had a belt on which burned kai's eyes refleting off the sunlight It was silvery as well and had a red insignia on it, as shinokorosha turned from side to side he exposed more red around his cufflings whih were on the jacket's arms..

he started calling out and he shuffled to and fro "kai? "....

"Kai you there?"

Kai finally burst out from nowhere and leapt at the figure, who suprisingly blocked the sword with his pinkey...

Kai stared flabbergasted as he continued to hold the old leaf-blade sword against the single limb of his foe... who was just smiling.

"Put that silly thing away" he said "come and eat breakfast..."

Insert Music About... now

Kai and lillith, along with her wolf, followed the vested figure out into a sunlit area where he had an odd dish-like structure with a reflective surface... "This harnasses the sunlight" he explained "and converts it into heat for cooking..."

Sniffing the air lillith exclaimed" OOOH THAT SMELLS GOOD!"

"anything will smell good to me when i'm this famished... Ok so what horrible stuff is this?"

Lifting out a small. white, ceramic tray with two... stick things on it, death pointed to each black object. "this is Fish... it's wrapped in seaweed and is cooked to a perfect texture, it's quite good actually..."

"...What do you call it?"

"...su..." death was looking at the set of inquisitive eyes....

"shi....?" he then slowly answered in a questioning manner... the two moved their heads in responce to the question... "you have no idea what that is do you..."

"no..."

"oh hell then just eat it with your hands..."

The red haired guy then took the sticks off of the tray and haded it to his new freinds..

"do we just stick this stuff in our mouths?"

"... YES..." He picked one up with the odd stick things and stuck it in his mouth...

"whoah you use htose like a fork or something!"

"...they're called chop sticks... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PEOPLE..." he was actually standing and staring at them... recognizing their ignorance to his culture the red haired figure just sighed and sat again... "I bet you want to know a name for me don't you..."

"you're shindo something ro right?"

"......." The blue eyes only narrowed more, exposing bits of red and black mixed in his eyes all together...

"why don't you have any whites in your eyes?"

"who me? or are you asking about the masakari-kai in general?"

"The Kushari kai..."

"well it's genetic..."

"it's what?"

"...never mind... it's something we get from our parents... OK... so there..."

"who are your parents?"

"... *sigh° MY parent had the same name, look, and identity as me, but he was a bit weaker, he though, unlike me, was able to controll his power and lead his people to peace, when he died my people went sort of chaotic and they wouldn't accept me to keep the order for them any mroe because i was... well too unstable..."

"what do you mean unstable?" Lilith finally chimed in...

"You know how when you use power you have to concentrate to cast a spell?"

"yes?"

"well for me it's harder NOT to concentrate to create a spell than it is to actually do a spell, except my "magic" isn't something telekinetic or a parlor trick it invoulves my soul being used to conjur actual power... but I have the inherited power of many souls, past generations, and that is why all masakarikusharikai are strong, because of the Kai deep within us... it burns like fire, fire can be tamed, it can also be played with, unfortunetly I act like I'm covered in carosine whenever I try to play with the fire..."

"... could you run that analogy by me again?"

"I don't know my own strenghte OK! just ... get... THAT..."

"um alright..." They all went back to consuming their fish meat which had a bizare consistancy to it but a sweet taste. the red kind was so hot that lilith had to conjure water from the air, how did she do this you ask? with a 'Magic' bottle of vacumated hydrogen and pure oxygen. this little 'conjur' made shinokorosha laugh so hard that he fell into the odd heating device of his and caught his vest on fire. Lilith pointed out that "he was like carosine in fire" and they all shared a laugh again... finally SHinokorosha said what his name meant in their launguage...

They were quite frightened by this, and he had to go into explaining how it actually was an oxymoron that countered itself, after about 2 hours of chatting they finally agreed to work together, and shinokorosha's new official shortened nickname would be Death... His only weakness was that after using his techniques he had to eat and rest before using them again... the device he had had before allowed him to use his strenghte without any requirements but now that tools such as that were miles away and he'd aparently lost the ability to fly for a MONTH after his fight with the armored guys, they all decided to just hike it to the next town. They did do an expansive seach for a warp mirror but found that it had been shattered... hence they left the broken villiage behind them and only moved onward...

"where are we headed now?" Kai asked lilith "It should be a 3 day trek through a forest and a swamp, both of which are inhabited by a sortie of foul things, and then we should end up in Dobuita... hmm interesting name for a town... it's apparently a place where masakarikusharikai used to rule but it is now it is under Llacefran Elven jurisdiction..."

"sounds dandy" Death said with a smile looking back at the two travelers...

"Dan...what?"

"NEVER MIND..."

and so their adventure began...

[ 05-31-2002, 06:34 AM: Message edited by: /)eathKiller ]