Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2003, 10:04 PM   #1
cav_again
Manshoon

I've played through the game before as a Paladin, and now, I want to play through again, and I figure the best way to get the most out of the game as possible, would be to play at the opposite end of the spectrum: a thief (specifically, a Swashbuckler... I just got done watching Pirates of the Carribean)... but, I went through a quick bout in my paladin game (the time between when you kill those ogres
that are actually knights in the Windspear hills, and when you clear your name, where the guards in athkatla always attacked me, because "they heard of the deeds I had done".

Basically, my question is (before I get too far into the game), If I'm a thief, how will i be able to visit stores and whatnot? I'm not chaotic evil, im only kinda evil , but it seems like this will be a problem if do the thief stronghold missions and whatnot?

My usual method is to clear dungeons, then sell the equipment I dont use. But, like I said, it seems like I wont be able to visit stores, let alone go into town?

Also, I've got my Swashbuckler using a Scimitar; what are some good Scimitars, and where would I find them (not specifically, just what are a couple quests that would lead me to some good weapons)?

[ 08-15-2003, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: cav_again ]
cav_again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 10:42 PM   #2
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Going to stores and stuff is not a problem, don't worry about it. Don't get caught, and there are no consequences. [img]graemlins/evillaughter1.gif[/img]

For good scimitars, talk to Flydian in the Gates district, and, go through chapter 5 with a fine-tooth comb.
Old 08-15-2003, 10:45 PM   #3
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

I'm not too sure if I understand what you're saying. You'll be able to go into town and visit stores like any other character regardless of class or alignment, it won't interfere with thieving missions or your stronghold.

Scimitars, well, like Moose said, go through Chapter 5 with a fine tooth comb [img]smile.gif[/img]
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 06:44 AM   #4
cav_again
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:
You'll be able to go into town and visit stores like any other character regardless of class or alignment,
What about my reputation? won't I lose a few points because of some of the thief quests?

i heard that the thief stronghold is one of the more "involved" strongholds, so I'm interested in trying it.
cav_again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 06:49 AM   #5
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by cav_again:
quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:
You'll be able to go into town and visit stores like any other character regardless of class or alignment,
What about my reputation? won't I lose a few points because of some of the thief quests?

i heard that the thief stronghold is one of the more "involved" strongholds, so I'm interested in trying it.
[/QUOTE]You won't lose reputation as far as I remember.

Reputation is easy to buy back up, anyway...
Old 08-16-2003, 07:03 AM   #6
Tancred
White Dragon

If all else fails, and you ARE hounded out of Athkatla for whatever reason (but simply being a thief won't do that - Thief Stronghold is rather benign as strongholds go), Trademeet and certainly Imnesvale tend to be more neutral. You can sell goods there.