Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2001, 06:42 PM   #1
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

My team are all around level 7. We have not yet been to cloakwood. In Durlag's Tower
.spoiler question below
.we have solved the riddles of fear, avarice love, and the other one, and are left with the Love character to kill, plus his three pals who come back. We have tried loads of ways to kill 'em but they wipe the floor with our bodies every time. Any tips on hpw to deal with them would be welcome. Or shall I go away and return later at a higher level with better weapons?
Thanks

------------------

Fljotsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2001, 07:09 PM   #2
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

Hmmm.... I found this one of the harder battles in the game, but you should be able to do it at that level - lots of good items helps though.

I think I ended up retreating down the passage, and taking each one on as they came to me, that way you can concentrate all your fire power on each one seperately. Try summoning loads of beasties, and casting web to hold the 'dwarves' up.(Doing a search on the forum might give better ideas). This is one of the few battles I had to throw just about everything at, so don't be afraid to. You can always finish the battle leave to restock and return later.
It might be a good idea to go through cloakwood first this will get you some more items. It will also move you further along in the storyline, which will help maybe more than you think.

It's hard work, but it's worth doing.
Staralfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2001, 07:20 PM   #3
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Thanks, Staralfur. I did a Search, but could find nothing about this particular fight, and anyway, I didn't want to read too much in case of getting spoiled with other things.
I think I WILL take my team to Cloakwood and come back later. I have played this game before, but didn't complete it 'cos of buying BG11, and I never got past the flameblades (whatever they are called) outside in that one!
Thanks again!

------------------

Fljotsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2001, 07:26 AM   #4
Lavindathar
Harper

This fight isn't as hard as it seemed, and I took it on at level 7/8.

All that needs to be done, is many monsters and skeletons brought to your side.

Also, cast Haste,Defensive Harmony and Chant on your characters.Plus Draw Upon Holy Might and Spirit and Ghost Armour on whoever possible.

This fight isn't about attacking,but defending. If these spells are cast,then your tanks will wipe the floor and you can attack at range and cast spells easily.

------------------
Lavindathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2001, 01:35 PM   #5
Melusine
Dracolisk

Fljotsdale: this worked very well for me:
Equip Imoen or the thief in your party with invisibilty potions -loads of them. In fact, go out and buy extra if you need them.
Then, position your party out of sight in the back room and have Imoen walk up the the Dwarf. Solve the riddle and as the dwarves attack, have her go invisible (Stealth won't work in the sight of enemies so you have to use potions). They will stand around in their red circles 'cause there is no one to attack. Position Immy behind one of them and backstab with a decent sword. Hit pause and immediately have her drink a new invisibility potion. Repeating this a couple of times will have to major bonuses: 1. if you get a decent back stab in, it makes the kill much easier. 2. as soon as Imoen becomes visible from the backstab, the dwarves will start attacking and spellcasting, and in my game, this often resulted in the dwarves fighting each other because they got struck by each other's Skull Traps and Cloudkills.... sneaky!
As soon as they are sufficiently weakened by this tactic, barge in and mop up remains
GOOD LUCK!! (I thought they were really though as well!!!)

------------------
Melusine, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, the LH,
the HADB and the SPAE(Society for the
Prevention of Acronym Extinction) &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Melusine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2001, 05:49 AM   #6
Lavindathar
Harper

That sounds a nice tactic Mel!

I have to say, I have never been a fan of Invisibilty Potions or wot-not!

I will try though,now I will try!

------------------
Lavindathar is offline   Reply With Quote