Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-16-2001, 08:01 PM   #1
Turin_Mormegil

Spolier Alert...the following contain a small spolier

I just found THE sweetest trick. Its kinda like cheating but it uses stuff u get in the game to get the same effect so i consider it ok in certain extreme conditions. Ok we all have problems with locked doors all around the place. If you are really stuck and you simply cant find a key there is a simple trick to getting inside without it.

#1 Go get the Ring of Ram from Mae'Var's guild hall (atleast i think thats where i got it). It is a good damage item to give to your mage or theif or someone who usually stays outta combat. It can do a decent amount of damage to a person. But its real power is that it knocks a target back about half the screen. Even through closed doors. So if u got a door (Ireniicus's portal to Underdark for instance) if u are really stuck on finding the key just use the ring to push a person through. Then rest up and since the party isnt sccatered just spepareted by a door u can rest and get your whole party through. It wont kill anyone since it does around 30 damage max if im not mistaken so if they are at full health it should kill anyone.

Yes i know its a loop-hole that I am taking advatage of but its better then cheating and i have never used it yet (cept for testing purposes). Its just there if u need it. Also its VERY VERY fun pushing Tanova into the spike room with it.

Old 01-16-2001, 10:11 PM   #2
Armisael

LOL. Sounds fun, I might give that one a try...