Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-07-2003, 03:44 PM   #1
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

Fabricated News Service Report
dateline: March 7, 2003

In a surprise announcement The NHL players unions and owners have issued a joint statement. Penguins owner, Mario Lemiuex offered this observation, "All of is in the NHL, players and owners alike are very sensitive to the major issues confronting us today. Hockey is a sport that draws us together as a people and as families. That is why the issue of family pets is so dear to the hearts of each of us. I think that it is fair to say that we are indeed Friends Of Dogs and as such want to share our support and solidarity with the Cloudy's Cafe Movement. In support of this each player has pledged to wear the letters CCM prominently on their uniform during each game. We will continue to support CCM (Cloudy's Cafe Movement) and its Friend of Dogs program. In these uncertain times it behooves each of us to stand up and support such strong family concerns."
Old 03-07-2003, 03:49 PM   #2
WillowIX
Apophis

And this is related to what? Americans not knowing what hockey is about?

Teeheee!! No Antryg, put that hockey stick down! Aargh! [img]graemlins/outtahere.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2003, 03:53 PM   #3
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

All I can say Willow is to watch a NHL game and see if they don't have CCM on their uniforms. I know that you are attached to "Flipper" but all I am saying is give dogs a chance.
Old 03-07-2003, 03:56 PM   #4
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

LOL!!

CCM, that was great Antyg.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 03-07-2003, 04:01 PM   #5
Djinn Raffo
Ra

i made a post and then deleted it;..

i was saing ccm.. i know you saying cloudys cafe movement..

ccm was bought by nike a few years ago..

corporate lackey!
Old 03-07-2003, 04:03 PM   #6
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I sure hope the Redwings are not involved in this.
Old 03-07-2003, 04:05 PM   #7
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Djinn Raffo:
i made a post and then deleted it;..

i was saing ccm.. i know you saying cloudys cafe movement..

ccm was bought by nike a few years ago..

corporate lackey!
come on my Canadian friend. "unreal news" "fabricated news report" It's nothing but truth in advertising. I am not a lackey, instead I have "liberated" a logo to make it socially relevant.

Now I must ask you, where is the [ [img]graemlins/dogrun.gif[/img] ] in your signature?
Old 03-07-2003, 04:09 PM   #8
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by antryg:
All I can say Willow is to watch a NHL game and see if they don't have CCM on their uniforms. I know that you are attached to "Flipper" but all I am saying is give dogs a chance.
Aaargh Antryg! That´s beside the point! [img]tongue.gif[/img] I´m not arguing the fact that CCM is on the shirts at all. But everyone knows that CCM stands for "Cloudy´s Canadian Mellifluous cafe" [img]tongue.gif[/img]

The real reason of my post is of course that I never give up a chance to "bash" American hockey. [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]
Old 03-07-2003, 04:14 PM   #9
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

Willow, the Stars do have "real live American born players". Usually we just keep them on display in glassed in cages and just let them out to play games. You have to take care of things when they have such a small population. We are trying to increase the herd size. We now have many new players that can even identify ice without prompting.
Old 03-07-2003, 04:20 PM   #10
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

To find out the answer to 'American vs Canadain' hockey...Well, all you need to do is ask Brett Hull [img]tongue.gif[/img]

American greats-

Mike Modano
Neal Broten
John Vanbriesbrouck
John LeClair
Pat Lafointe (probabley not spelled right...And he was an american wasnt he?)
Derian Hatcher (OK maybe not a 'great' but hes good.)
Chris Chelios
Alot of others I am not getting.

Now you can reply back and mention, Gretzky, Mario Lemieux, Steve Yzerman, Goride Howe and all those folks. But..Well I dont really know what the point of this post was

But as a Stars fan you never pass up the chance to mention Mike Modano.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge