Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2001, 08:35 AM   #21
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Wurm:
I am an American living here in Europe, and find the points of views of most of the Europeons strangely out of sinc with reality.

If America sits back and does nothing, what happens? American morale falls, the stock markets all ready weak and unstable come crashing down. We fall into a world wide ressesion and world turmoil results. And will the Terrorist stop their attacks? HELL NO!

If America attacks with all its resources and with carefully planned out battle orders. It will be a long horrible war with many dead on both sides, But the American people are galvanized to stick this one out to the bitter end. Terrorist will be made to pay for their crimes and the Market will boom with technology and defense spending leading the way. Only if no secret weapons of mass destruction are bought into play by the fanatics who don't care who they lose or what reprocussions they bring about, is this a "good" thing. (No war is a good thing but this one has allready started .)

If that happens then it could very easily be the start of WW III.

Of this much I am certain. We are perched on the edge of the abyss since last tuesday, and unfortunately there is no way to turn back the clock. So instead of posting negative views of what has happened. Pray to your god that the US will win the this war without it rolling over into any other regions.

War is coming have no doubt, All we can do is pray for is it not to explode into WW III.

wrong wrong wrong
Old 09-16-2001, 08:39 AM   #22
Dramnek_Ulk

Quote:
Originally posted by Wurm:
I am an American living here in Europe, and find the points of views of most of the Europeons strangely out of sinc with reality.

If America sits back and does nothing, what happens? American morale falls, the stock markets all ready weak and unstable come crashing down. We fall into a world wide ressesion and world turmoil results. And will the Terrorist stop their attacks? HELL NO!

If America attacks with all its resources and with carefully planned out battle orders. It will be a long horrible war with many dead on both sides, But the American people are galvanized to stick this one out to the bitter end. Terrorist will be made to pay for their crimes and the Market will boom with technology and defense spending leading the way. Only if no secret weapons of mass destruction are bought into play by the fanatics who don't care who they lose or what reprocussions they bring about, is this a "good" thing. (No war is a good thing but this one has allready started .)

If that happens then it could very easily be the start of WW III.

Of this much I am certain. We are perched on the edge of the abyss since last tuesday, and unfortunately there is no way to turn back the clock. So instead of posting negative views of what has happened. Pray to your god that the US will win the this war without it rolling over into any other regions.

War is coming have no doubt, All we can do is pray for is it not to explode into WW III.

Its not a choice between doing nothing, or war. This could be solved peacefully but emotions rule the day it seems. The terrorists would stop their attacks if the policys that were causeing their grievences were changed. Instead of talking about revenge we need to see why people have been driven to terrorism. The most important thing is to see why they do it, only with that knowledge can we begin to sort out these problems.

[This message has been edited by Dramnek_Ulk (edited 09-16-2001).]

Old 09-16-2001, 08:40 AM   #23
Tobbin
Red Dragon

My main concern with using a non-aggresive form of resolve is that since these people are willing to die for their beliefs (suicide attacks) that anything short of force will not do anything. Look at it this way, up til now, everything that has been tried to combat terrorism has failed. We let them take over our airplanes without objection as it was felt that would save lives. By making yourself meek and unassuming, you become the prey. I think that force is the only way to make a statement. That statement is that terrorism will not be tolerated. Bush was right that this will not be a one time conflict. I believe the words they used were right too. Terrorism is a cancer on humanity. Should we allow it to grow and fester, or should we go in there with a knife and cut it out. If we can use common sense to ensure that whatever force we use is worthwhile, ergo not attacking the host, but zeroing in on the cancer, I think we will ultimately win. Yes, there will be further attacks (terrorist), but with each attack we will learn more. Look at it another way too, should we sit by and grab peace leaves we give the terrorists time to build up further aggression. They have already shown that they aren't above hostility. It's only a mater of time . . .

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 09-16-2001, 08:41 AM   #24
skywalker
Banned User

What you do not realize Tobbin, is that death and destruction will make them stronger!

Mark
Old 09-16-2001, 08:42 AM   #25
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
What you do not realize Tobbin, is that death and destruction will make them stronger!

Mark

No, it will make them weaker. They will be using up resources and manpower. It will flush them out. Yesterday is gone. We have to prepare for tomorrow.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 09-16-2001, 08:43 AM   #26
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
What if you have no God to pray too?

Mark
Then it really wouldn't matter would it?

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 09-16-2001, 08:46 AM   #27
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Tobbin:

No, it will make them weaker. They will be using up resources and manpower. It will flush them out. Yesterday is gone. We have to prepare for tomorrow.

I disagree, terrorism is like the Hydra of Mythology. Cut off one head and 2 will replace it. Do not forget, an attack on these people will create a Holy War which is the most dangerous war of all. Just ask Israel. And what of the groups in the US that are still here and laying low?

Mark

Old 09-16-2001, 08:47 AM   #28
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
Then it really wouldn't matter would it?

Some people put more faith in themselves and their loved ones, than those of a God! That does not mean we have no hope...we just choose to do it on our own.

Mark
Old 09-16-2001, 08:50 AM   #29
Dramnek_Ulk

Quote:
My main concern with using a non-aggresive form of resolve is that since these people are willing to die for their beliefs (suicide attacks) that anything short of force will not do anything. Look at it this way, up til now, everything that has been tried to combat terrorism has failed. We let them take over our airplanes without objection as it was felt that would save lives. By making yourself meek and unassuming, you become the prey. I think that force is the only way to make a statement. That statement is that terrorism will not be tolerated. Bush was right that this will not be a one time conflict. I believe the words they used were right too. Terrorism is a cancer on humanity. Should we allow it to grow and fester, or should we go in there with a knife and cut it out. If we can use common sense to ensure that whatever force we use is worthwhile, ergo not attacking the host, but zeroing in on the cancer, I think we will ultimately win. Yes, there will be further attacks (terrorist), but with each attack we will learn more. Look at it another way too, should we sit by and grab peace leaves we give the terrorists time to build up further aggression. They have already shown that they aren't above hostility. It's only a mater of time . . .

terrorists would not make attacks if they didnt have a reason. America has done something to earn the hatered of so many, what has it done? you should ask. All states are guilty of terrorism and human rights abuses, even America. There are only degrees of Guilt.

------------------
The Grand master of the mightiest Beasts

DRAGONLORD!

Old 09-16-2001, 08:50 AM   #30
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:

Some people put more faith in themselves and their loved ones, than those of a God! That does not mean we have no hope...we just choose to do it on our own.

Mark
I agree. You just re-stated what I had just said.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL