Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2001, 04:42 PM   #11
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
As much as people may not like to hear it, from a Christian point of view, it holds some bearing.
Yes, God loves us all, but even as much as our father loves us, he will allow us to be taught hard lessons.
Flame away for that if you want...I'm leaving the internet for a while so I won't be here to see it.

God Bless You All & Welcome to Ironworks Scott!
Thank you for lighting your candle.

i actually agree. if God sheltered us from all hardships, we wouldnt be living our lives, would we? He has to let some bad things happen, but He's always there. in this tragedy He's there, comforting the victims' families and spreading the spirit to make others give. we all have to learn our lessons, sometimes it takes a large tragedy to learn, others merely a stub of the toe. but He is always there, watching over us.

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.

Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Old 09-15-2001, 04:46 PM   #12
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Mr. Falwell is a fanatic. All faiths, ideologies and philosphies seem to attract some form of extremist and Christianity must perforce admit to mr Falwell as one of it's extremists.

I am a Christian and I found his statements to be offensive. I do not believe God is a vengeful deity looking to smite us all for wrongdoings. Christ taught that if we repent our sins and truly work for a relationship with God through him, we will be saved. He did not guarantee all who followed him a happy, carefree life and freedom from hardship. We must go through the trials and tribulations of existence like anyone else. We exist in an imperfect world with many who do not know right from wrong and do not care if they do. Somewhere on this planet are people for whom all life is not sacred nor important and for whom mass murder and terror is acceptable. We suffered our losses and deal with devesation because of the HUMAN frailties and mistakes of our attackers. Not because God chose to lift a protective hand away from us.

Cloudy, stepping back from the pulpit

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 09-15-2001).]
Old 09-15-2001, 04:52 PM   #13
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Cloudy - what a lovely way to put it!

Who knows, maybe God did allow this tragic event to occur as a "wake up" call or something. We certainly have become fairly "lazy" toward him lately as a society in whole.

btw - anyone know when the new Left Behind book will be out?

------------------
"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

*Newly abducted - er, inducted - member of the HADB clan. Mage extraordinair. {and occasional subjugate to Gwhanos the Fluffy }*
Old 09-15-2001, 04:53 PM   #14
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Mr. Falwell is a fanatic. All faiths, ideologies and philosphies seem to attract some form of extremist and Christianity must perforce admit to mr Falwell as one of it's extremists.

I am a Christian and I found his statements to be offensive. I do not believe God is a vengeful deity looking to smite us all for wrongdoings. Christ taught that if we repent our sins and truly work for a relationship with God through him, we will be saved. He did not guarantee all who followed him a happy, carefree life and freedom from hardship. We must go through the trials and tribulations of existence like anyone else. We exist in an imperfect world with many who do not know right from wrong and do not care if they do. Somewhere on this planet are people for whom all life is not sacred nor important and for whom mass murder and terror is acceptable. We suffered our losses and deal with devesation because of the HUMAN frailties and mistakes of our attackers. Not because God chose to lift a protective hand away from us.

There is no way denying that she is a smart little jackal head !

------------------
So long !

R³ - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !
Old 09-15-2001, 04:55 PM   #15
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:

I'm not a religious person, but well said, Cloudy!

------------------

Old 09-15-2001, 05:38 PM   #16
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

DragonMage, Fljotsdale, thanks!

Ramon! LOL, er, thanks, I think! Jackalhead, indeed!

Cloudy
ps: I'm sure I shan't be Anubis forever!

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 09-15-2001).]
Old 09-15-2001, 05:58 PM   #17
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:

*claps* Well said! I couldn't have said it better myself.

------------------
Worshipper of Tiax.

Wielder of the ancient Lawyer spells.

Member of the HADB clan.

Ally of the Fluffy Queen and the Dreaded Red Fluffy
Old 09-15-2001, 06:03 PM   #18
Moni

Just so you all know, yes, I think Falwell is a fanatic of sorts but if he is a true Christian, bear in mind that he has our best interests at heart.
I am not a Falwell follower, hell I don't even go to church, but I am a christian and I do stand behind believing that if we are going to live in peace, we must live by the rules God set before us.

Exerts from a poem I got in an e-mail earlier...to put his point of view into a milder perspective....the last verse in particular says it all..(for believers anyway ) GOD is in control.

"Peace, be still, My child," He said
"And hear now what I say
For I have seen and heard the cries
Of those who, to Me, pray.

"Keep your eyes upon ME now
Not what you hear or see
And, as you do, you'll keep My peace -
IF your mind stays on ME!"

"It matters not what one man says
Or even many more
For I am God, and I decide
Each day what lies in store."

"I've told you there would be such times
When, of these things, You'd hear
I told you so you'd be PREPARED
And FULL OF PEACE, not fear."

"For all these things MUST be fulfilled
Yet MY WORD fails not
For I AM still your Hiding Place
As all the fires rage hot."

"You're hid beneath MY shadow now
And you can rest in Me
Yes you can trust My Words of LOVE
To last eternally."

"For I'm your Father, Counselor, Friend
Your Alpha and your End
And if this was the world's last day
Be sure, for you, I'd send."

"I've promised I'd save you a place
If you would stay in Me
Stay pure and faithful, eyes on Me
And, victory, you'll see."

"I can't tell you if it's 'the end' -
NO human man can know
But I CAN tell you, it IS close,
So be prepared to go."

"Each day I give you, reach in love
To save another soul
For snatching them from Me for Hell
Is truly Satan's goal."

"Occupy until I come
Live each day FULL in ME
Just keep your eyes upon MY face
And know that I DO see."

"I see the world, I see YOUR LIFE
And I DO care for YOU
And know, no matter WHAT occurs
My love for you stands TRUE."

"I'm Alpha and Omega - God -
I'm King and Lord of ALL
I'll be right near to care for you
As, on My name, you call."

"For I can change the hearts of Kings
And I, their hearts, do try
And I'M the one who formed this world
And says when it shall die."

"So, USE this time to SEEK THE LOST
And tell them of My Love
That they, too, may be saved and live
With Me,up above."

"Don't listen to fear's voice - hear MINE!
Then STAND on what you've heard
Don't fear yours or the world's fate -
It's destined by MY WORD."

"Keep your eyes on me dear ones
And let Me wipe each tear
For I am God and IN CONTROL -
So live in peace, not fear."

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 09-15-2001, 06:21 PM   #19
Dramnek_Ulk

What Jerry Falwell is saying is very regressive,in fact its the sought of thing that most christian groups would have said about 400-600 years ago.

because of the fact that christanity can be twisted to fit any set of morals or ethics he can justify petty bigotry through it. He's probably just in religion to make money though, a lot of people are.

Old 09-15-2001, 06:23 PM   #20
Fast Hands
Dungeon Master

That's a nice post Moni, thanks for sharing it