Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-13-2001, 11:55 PM   #11
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by TheCrimsomBlade:
"in the city of God there will be a great thunder,two brothers torn apart
by chaos,while the fortress endures,the great leader will succumb.
the big war will begin when the big city is burning on the 11th day
of the 9th month that ywo metal birds would crash into two tall statues
in the new city and the world will end soon after"
-NOSTRADAMUS 1654 AD-

the flights that were highjacked were from United and AA and were numbered
as follows:
11---93---175---77

11 was tuesdays date
9+3=12 wed,date
1+7+5=13 todays date
7+7= 14 tomarrows date
what do you think?

That is a bogus Nostradamus Quatrain that is floating around. But that number thingy IS weird.. I saw that yesterday.. Kinda made me think the next few days would be bad...

I have a Nostradamus book I bought in 1987, so I'll go dig it up and see what all the 'New City' terms are.. NOW that it happened, many people have twisted the quatrain like adding 'YORK' and wild stuff like that. I would go and buy a book published before 1996 on Nostradamus, and make SURE it has 16th Century tranlations and not 20th Century translations--some major differences they say.

------------------
Ziroc™
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 09-14-2001, 05:06 AM   #12
Istaron
Banned User

Well, consider the possibility that the terrorist also had read Nostradamus, and kinda wanted to do something more than "just" killing all those innocent people.

By the way, NYC is NOT the city of god, so you need not to worry

------------------
We call him Bobby Corwen
Old 09-14-2001, 07:01 AM   #13
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Yeah, it was just confirmed that the Nostradamus thing floating around is a hoax. He died 87 YEARS before the date the quote is claimed to be made. Also, they said that the e-mail was sent to, oh, I forget, but one of our Historical Libraries and they spent 180 HOURS pouring through everything Nostradamus ever wrote - nothing even similar. So anyone who puts any weight in Nostradamus' predictions can breathe a sigh of relief.

------------------
"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

"I'm INVINCIBLE! ... You're a LOONEY!"

Dare to dream. Be bold enough to try.

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

*Newly abducted - er, inducted - member of the HADB clan. Mage extraordinair.*
Old 09-14-2001, 07:09 AM   #14
skywalker
Banned User

For perspective.
People have been trying to fit Nostradamus' prophecies along with The Book Of Revelations and others into every disaster in every civilization. The end of the world has been come and missed so many times in history, it's amazing these prophecies still hold power for some.

Mark
Old 09-14-2001, 07:16 AM   #15
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
For perspective.
People have been trying to fit Nostradamus' prophecies along with The Book Of Revelations and others into every disaster in every civilization. The end of the world has been come and missed so many times in history, it's amazing these prophecies still hold power for some.
Mark
I definitely, FULLY agree with that, Mark. Even this "false prophecy" here could be suited to fit almost any disaster in history or to come. They made it a little more specific by "the twins" and trying to make the date seem like now. All-in-all a fairly clever forgery (but I could have done better).

------------------
"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

"I'm INVINCIBLE! ... You're a LOONEY!"

Dare to dream. Be bold enough to try.

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

*Newly abducted - er, inducted - member of the HADB clan. Mage extraordinair.*
Old 09-14-2001, 07:35 AM   #16
dominions
Elminster

I think we and the Nazis dropped fake Nostrodamus predictions (in leaflet form) on each other during WWII.

------------------
Hey! Like RPGs? See the DungeonCraft - RPG Game Maker on the Ironworks Gaming Forum
Old 09-14-2001, 02:40 PM   #17
Conan

Nostradamus lived from 1503-1566. He was a physician and astrologer."As far as I can see many people have looked into his French writings and nothing he predicted ever came true." Says James Randi a Nostradamus biographer and hoax buster.

------------------
*\Conan/*