Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-16-2001, 09:20 AM   #41
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Memnoch - baseball has it's good points as well. For instance it's one of only two sports where you can win the World Series without letting teams from any other countries compete (apart from Canada of course)

As soon as someone has a team that is good enough, bring it on. Think about it. We send out kids from the minors and college, and they still win medals in baseball. If we sent our Best, it would be just like Basketball. Not fair.

BK
Old 03-16-2001, 09:55 AM   #42
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

(hic) cricket? wassat (hic) "I stiiiill got the blooooos" (hic)
we gettum necscht time (hic) he he he he....

------------------
FAIR DINKUM!

[This message has been edited by Yorick (edited 03-16-2001).]
Old 03-16-2001, 11:36 AM   #43
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by noelemaC:
And as for Donut, that shi et is funny. I never thought of that before. World series with no world competitors.

You're not serious Noelmac, you're joking right? You had noticed that rather bizzarre state of affairs before Donuts post yeah?

------------------
FAIR DINKUM!
Old 03-16-2001, 12:27 PM   #44
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

For those that do not follow cricket but are interested in following this thread click on the link below for a very,very,very,confusing....errr detailed description of the laws/terms of cricket. Enjoy

Also, I think as an American it is hard for us to follow Cricket b/c it is actually more than a)a bunch of big dumb guys trying to tackle each other...b)a bunch of big dumb guys trying to hit/catch/throw something....or c)a bunch of big dumb guys trying to get a ball through a hoop.....I'm sorry, just very fed up with "American" sports

cricket

------------------

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear ignorant,
than open it and remove all doubt!
Old 03-16-2001, 01:09 PM   #45
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by noelemaC:
Hey Memnoch, is a slugger a good thing or a bad thing or maybe just a description?

Used strictly to get a rise out of Cloudswiffer, noele, I get so few chances these days

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-16-2001, 01:24 PM   #46
noelemaC
Dungeon Master

THat's cool Memnoch. If your friends can't pester the uhh, dung out of ya and still be friends, their not friends.

Yorrick, yeah, well someones sig. also says it's better to keep quiet and appear dumb rather than to relenquish all doubt. I guess I shouldv'e taken that advice. It amazes at some of the simple things I miss in life. By not paying attention to it. But the orange bowl has no oranges either!
Old 03-16-2001, 01:40 PM   #47
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:

Used strictly to get a rise out of Cloudswiffer, noele, I get so few chances these days

Keep going, Memsy, keep going.... Hmmm...BK, you said spring training is starting? Maybe I WILL watch it with ya! Sluggers are just fine in the BIG leagues, Mem! You be careful with those wickets, they get sticky now and again! LOL

Moridin, don't have time to figure out the intricacies of a five day game just now- but agree with you on football (american). LOL

CloudBRINGER...swiffer my backside, Memny!

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 03-16-2001).]
Old 03-16-2001, 02:34 PM   #48
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
CloudConfused, how could you not love a game that goes on for 5 days and could still end up with no result?
FIVE DAYS? ONE game? Just ONE? Geez, you guys must get way too much sun down there!

Hmmm...think I'll stick to diamonds and homeruns... Although croquet is nice...if you don't have a sloping yard, like I do..LOL

And Donut? Ridiculous name notwithstanding, the World Series is SACRED here...so back off, buster! WARNING! Yankee fan alert! Yankee fan alert! hehehe...

NYCloud

--PS, Morning Confection: Sorry not to have replied yet- ..will have more time today/tomorrow I think- billions of emails to sort...well, really only 1000+ as of two days ago, but enough to keep me busy!----

------------------
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 03-17-2001).]
Old 03-16-2001, 02:41 PM   #49
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:

Yorick - I expect you'll drop by this thread at some time. Can I recommend the BGII board thread 'I just happened to cross'. Your favourite number is at it again, he is rewriting the history of Britain!!
Saw it, grimaced and let the experts and natives answer....snicker....Arthur and the shining lot of Camelot are probably spinning in their fictional graves...

CB, who is really a descendant of the Lady of the Lake, honest, yah, really, uh huh..she existed- no she was REAL yup, sure 'n I wouldn't kid ya, really, I swear... yah I read it someplace, so it's true!

Old 03-16-2001, 04:12 PM   #50
turbovee
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Knight:
God Bless SportCenter . . .

BK
Amen to that brother

------------------
I feel the need, the need for SPEED!
Peace and hair grease