Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2001, 05:58 PM   #31
Epona
Zartan

Cloudy, you are an editaholic!

Ziroc, absolutely great board, I haven't experienced any 'judders' while using it!

A 'who's online' would be great

Not sure about Avatars - worried about loading times - even though this board is much quicker, one thread with lots of gifs took ages to load for me

Bigger reply box - yes please

Preview - very useful

Another useful thing would be a link at the top or bottom of the page to take you straight to another board (perhaps a drop-down box) without having to go back to the forum summary page every time (or is that here already and I missed it??) - that way I can be a good girl and answer queries quickly! - IGNORE THIS PART, I JUST SAW IT!

These are not grumbles though! Prefer the new colours & layout too. Cheers!

------------------
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

[This message has been edited by Epona (edited 03-01-2001).]
Old 03-01-2001, 06:10 PM   #32
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Epona: Yup, edit,edit,edit...I see a spelling goof and can't stand it! And you know what? You can go back MUCH later and still edit your posts in this new board! BWAHAHHAHAA

Hey, *I* saw the drop down box for choosing other forums, at least! LOL!
Old 03-01-2001, 07:31 PM   #33
Epona
Zartan

It's been a long day....
And I was overwhelmed with the new board & all, I just didn't think to look at the *bottom* of the page! DOH!

I'm gonna have to put more effort into this HTML thing though - I sort of know how to do it, but I'm just tooooo lazy - and it is gone midnight here!! Aren't timezones a complete BUMMER!

PS: Sorry Ziroc, I got carried away, didn't mean to spam up this thread with rubbish for you to wade through - it's just the excitement!

------------------
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

[This message has been edited by Epona (edited 03-01-2001).]
Old 03-01-2001, 07:50 PM   #34
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

I agree with everybody! Yes Yes to everything

Especially the who's online, and user's local time as well as board time.

How much work is this going to be for you Ziroc? Not TOO much I hope?
Old 03-02-2001, 11:16 AM   #35
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

BUMPING

this for Ziroc.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Holy Flame
Old 03-02-2001, 05:05 PM   #36
Moiraine
Anubis

Ziroc, what I would REALLY like right now is the possibility to put 2 mail addresses in one's profile. I just changed mine for the week-end, from my work mail to my home mail, and I would really appreciate not having to do that every week !
Please ?
Old 03-02-2001, 05:20 PM   #37
Raistlin
Manshoon

Yes to box width, yes to who is online, unsure about counter (it may make people feel like they are more welcome if they see alot of people have read their post even if they did not reply, however it could work the opposite way.

Really like the Moraines idea (i think) about being emailed response to a thread that you are following but did not start.

Ziroc, Ziroc he's are man if he can't do it no one can. GOOOOO ZIROC.

(Wow now i feel like a thirteen year old girl instead of a 33 yr old man). I better fo lay down till this passes

------------------

Balance
Old 03-02-2001, 10:42 PM   #38
Raistlin
Manshoon

I also liked the old e mail replies better. The new ones do not tell you what has been posted to your post. Sometimes ilike to just read the emails and not log on to find out whatthe replies were

------------------

Balance
Old 03-03-2001, 03:02 AM   #39
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Raistlin:
I also liked the old e mail replies better. The new ones do not tell you what has been posted to your post. Sometimes ilike to just read the emails and not log on to find out whatthe replies were

That's the reason why I turned it off Raistlin. When BG2 just came out I used to post at the BGDungeon regularly and used to get all these messages in my inbox saying that my msg had been replied to, but not what the reply was.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Holy Flame
Old 03-03-2001, 03:36 AM   #40
Ziroc

Hmm, I'll look into that, but I have yet to see a hack/mod for that yet.
I also liked that, but sometimes (for me) I would get some people replying to the email and the reply would go to ME! I guess they thought it would go to the forum or the replier.

I'll keep ya updated on my progress! Just added an easy mod, a "Rank" system, with stars.. I didn't make the stars gif's so I may change my 'colorful' stars to gold or something.. Maybe Startrek pips! heeh..

Ziroc