Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2004, 05:15 PM   #1
Veronique
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi,
please can anybody tell me, how I find a description of all spell effects? When I upgrade my level and can choose a new spell, I dont know, which one is good or even, what it is approximately doing.
Thanks very much
Veronique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 05:25 PM   #2
WillowIX
Apophis

Welcome to the board Veronique. There is indeed a spell book. It's in the manual. Every spell in the game is listed there with a short description. Even better, there's a copy of the manual on your game CD. [img]smile.gif[/img]
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 06:48 PM   #3
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Indeed, welcome hither, Veronique. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

We are happy to have you with us. It just so happened that you have stumbled unto the best forum that exists. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Enjoy the game - it is a good one. And please, feel free to ask any question. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2004, 07:21 PM   #4
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Welcome to IW! [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
As already explained, check the manual or your CD (I think it's on the second CD). Generally, all the spells the same level of a class have their own advantages, so it's hard to pick one over the other, while sometimes it's easy to chose which one you want.

[ 04-15-2004, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: Lord ]

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 11:06 PM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

First off, welcome to the boards, Veronique! May you find the Gael Serran to be friendly, inviting, and enriching.

In addition to the manual, there's a very talented IW member who conveniently added a spell table on-line, and linked to it in the Best Tips thread. Go down the page until you see "Complete spell table" [img]smile.gif[/img]

Boy, the skills some people have... whether it's a clamp or a keyboard, they can make things happen

*edit* putting in the real spot in the page...

[ 04-15-2004, 11:06 PM: Message edited by: Bungleau ]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 08:03 AM   #6
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
First off, welcome to the boards, Veronique! May you find the Gael Serran to be friendly, inviting, and enriching.

In addition to the manual, there's a very talented IW member who conveniently added a spell table on-line, and linked to it in the Best Tips thread. Go down the page until you see "Complete spell table" [img]smile.gif[/img]

Boy, the skills some people have... whether it's a clamp or a keyboard, they can make things happen

*edit* putting in the real spot in the page...
I thought I'd lost that one! Now I see that's not the case. I better go and back that one up. I remember how boring it was to put that table together. [img]smile.gif[/img]
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 02:18 PM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Veronique!!!

I hope you have found the information on spells. If you need additional help, we're here!
Keep us posted on how your game is going!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 01:29 PM   #8
Veronique
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks all of you for help and such a nice welcome Now I am trying to kill that awfull naga, she´s a tough lady
One more question, when I change my role, do I start from level one again? Do I lose my old skills and spells?
Old 04-19-2004, 02:28 PM   #9
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

You're most welcome, Veronique! We always enjoy someone new coming around... it helps us all feel like we know something again!

With respect to the Naga, you don't want to kill her the first time you see her. Just use Kerielle's Elixir to put her to sleep. Later on, when you've completed the temple and retrieved the mask, you can go back and kill her. If you don't, you miss a chance for a very welcome trait.

And when you move to a new role, you start at level one in that role. You keep all your previous skills and abilities, and in fact can add to them (such as learning new spells).

You just keep getting better and better...

Have fun, and keep us posted on your travels [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 04:22 AM   #10
Veronique
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Great, thanks for advice
I tried to check some problematic stuff in hot tips, but I still dont understand a few thigs..
How do I cancle an adventure I signed before? Does it matter, if I keep it open and dont care about it anymore?
I gave that lizard guy a toads potion and in temple, they dont want to give me level up for priest.
What is the purpose of donation?
How can I learn artifact and forge skills?
Is there some clock, that will tell me a game time?
Is there some trick to get good points when changing level without reloding 20 times?
I´ve read, that I can lose some spell school, when I change role. That I dont keep, what I´ve reached. Is that right?
All for now, but I am sure I ll find more traps soon