Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2002, 07:59 AM   #1
Guinness
The Magister

Is it just my game or do others have this problem as well?

MY game seem to have long since stopped registering my "most powerful foe vanquished" stat. My characters "most..... " list is as follows:

Ice golem, sherincal, ....etc

Since those kills, i have popped the "guardian", a particular "dreadmaster of Bane", an improved invisible "prisoner", "Rakasha M$#^&", not to mention various deadly undead. The only recent kill i noticed was an "iron golem".

Is that stat based upon EXP earned?
Old 10-29-2002, 11:47 AM   #2
Jack of Speed
Manshoon

Mabye Exp... I think it has to do with How powerful your characer is compared to what they slay. A level 30 Barbarian slaying Shrenical might not be as impressive to the game as a level 2 paladin killing a Worg Rider... I think there is a formula that involes a division sign... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2002, 12:27 PM   #3
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Yeah, "most powerful vanquished" is relative to your level at the moment you kill something. So after awhile, it could be a long time before that changes. Annoying, huh?

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 05:28 PM   #4
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

My Barbarian's most powerfull vanquished ennemy has long been the "deadly and infamous" support beam...
Old 10-30-2002, 10:03 PM   #5
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

LMAO Luvian! And I thought the Guardian was challenging [img]smile.gif[/img]
No but seriously, I think there could be a bug with some versions, at my final battle save I checked my chars and they all stopped around Ice Golems and chapter 3/4 monsters...so maybe some versions are bugged?
Old 10-30-2002, 10:06 PM   #6
Jack of Speed
Manshoon

Dont think so... Ice golem is 2 of my characters' Most Powerful Vanquished. Which is REALLY sad considering they have gone through the game and then HoF as well. [img]smile.gif[/img] It was apparently a VERY traumatic time in there lives and everything else seems easier. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2002, 11:58 PM   #7
Balhifet
The Magister

Well... I think its based upon on how long you battled the creature and how much experience you got. When I was playing BG2:SoA
(Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn), I killed a Red Dragon and it was my most powerful monster beaten since then. In Icewind Dale 2, I killed two White/Silver Dragons in the River Caves and it was my most powerful enemy vanquished since then.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
> AM I LONG-WINDED OR WHAT?

'The Child of Bhaal has awoken.....'
-Joneleth Irenicus
Old 11-03-2002, 06:34 AM   #8
Gheital
Dungeon Master

My druid had a long and a tough fight with the support beam and since that it has been the MPV for her.
Old 11-03-2002, 01:08 PM   #9
Jack of Speed
Manshoon

HAHAHAHAHAHAH! I love the Dreaded and Feared Support Beam stories! That thing had a LOT of hit points... even more so in HoF.
Old 11-03-2002, 05:59 PM   #10
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Yeah, those support beams are some of the most feared monsters in the game. Only the indestructible HOG kegs can match them

(Well, unless you have Kegsplitter....)

Still, it's crazy to include inanimate objects with the monsters.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote