Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2001, 10:42 AM   #21
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Personally, I'd like to see the person behind this publicly executed to set an example, but I must agree with those of you who are saying it will make him a martyr and that they aren't afraid of death. Lock him away where the sun will never strike his face again. Do not let him out for exercise. He can pace his tiny cell for the rest of his rotten life. And when he dies, his imprisonment will seem like Heaven compared to his judgment.

------------------
"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

"I'm INVINCIBLE! ... You're a LOONEY!"

Dare to dream. Be bold enough to try.

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

*Newly abducted - er, inducted - member of the HADB clan. Mage extraordinair.*
Old 09-14-2001, 10:42 AM   #22
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Let him(them)after a just sentance rot away in a prison, and get your lives back to track and show him(them) that you are not going to fall his(their) tricks. Show him(them) that the rest of th world went the other way, united and has put his(their) goals and dreams in a bag and tossed it over the shoulder.

If we can become stronger would be a sentence far worse than death for him(them).

I don´t say we should forget about this act, but we should forget him(them) and let them rot, and when he rots, we will prove him(them) wrong by becomming stronger, and he(them) has to watch us grow stronger!

OKI, a very naive and Utopian sentence..

Personally.. I think that most sentances would be to lean.. But they all have to be put to justice in a court!

------------------

Be vevvy qwiet..I´m hunting wabbits...
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 09-14-2001, 07:12 PM   #23
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Good grief. SOME of you seem little better than the terrorists themselves. Do you REALLY want to sink that low?

They are just venting emotionally right now, Fljotsdale. Hopefully, anyway.
Old 09-14-2001, 07:15 PM   #24
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
On the contrary Dio. These people have proved that they are not afraid of death. bin Laden would love his chance to become a martyr and thousands would step forward to take his place. Best to lock him up for ever.

It's interesting that I wouldn't worry if he was killed in an attack on his base but I'm against the death penalty. Very strange.

Very strange, indeed, Donut. That is what i was getting at in my question.

As for the Martyr aspect, I am not so sure that he would be any less of a Martyr if he was imprisoned. Seems to me that in such a situation people could rally to the name of the great hero being held by the Infidels. I doubt it would make much of a difference either way.

Old 09-14-2001, 07:32 PM   #25
sageridder
Drizzt Do'Urden

Whoever is found to be guilty,could not be held in prison.The other inmates would kill him/her.Solitary confinment for life would be deemed inhuman treatment.Multiple attempts to free that party would happen and cause further loss of life.What do you think the result of holding this person captive in the heart of the devil (as they would put it) would be?Do you think it would not be more motivating for someone with those belifes to continue attacks,in order to achive either his/her freedom,or at least let them die for the cause?Additionall it would seem to me cut and dried that the penialty for killing a police officer,(or ordering the death)is punishable by the death penialty.I might be wrong but I am pretty sure it is the sentance in New York.

------------------
Trust is indeed a shiny jewel,set in the stone of friendship.And much like any other stone can be use to crush the skulls of those unsuspecting.To clear the path for me to claim my rightfull place as master of all I survey.

..........O,_
......_.L.=\_:
~~(_)==(_)

[This message has been edited by sageridder (edited 09-14-2001).]

[This message has been edited by sageridder (edited 09-14-2001).]