Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-10-2001, 08:09 PM   #1
dulouz
Manshoon

Erm, thats Yet Another Twisted Rune Tactic. This doesn't really involve lameness in my opinion. And i havn't read any tactics on the matter, just heard the rumors about how hard this fight is. Justifiably So.

spoilers...kinda...

Okay, so the Mage that appears first, inside the circle... he teleports behind you. So you have to fight the war on two fronts. Enter ye old Ring of the Ram. Use it on this guy, send him flying off the screen and into the little area with a door. Move forward a little bit, and this guys is out of the battle for now. He won't bother walking back to fight. Take care of the rest of the fight (still not the easiest thing to do). heal yourself, then go take care of this mage you sent flying.

Kinda lame i guess, since it takes advantage of poor artificial intelligence. But not as bad as cloud killing a dragon (lol, thats just rediculous to do).

Just my two cents on how my battle went with the Twisted Rune. I stumbled upon this tactic after getting mauled the first time through.
Old 10-10-2001, 08:17 PM   #2
Sparhawk
Quintesson

I had my thief....(lvl. 14)swashbuckler put up four traps right next to the entrance.
Then I protected my tanks from dead and walked them into the room...spread ´em out.
Then I let my thief stroll into the cirkel room.
Lich talks...then teleports right into my traps and...dead he is!
The rest of the people are just hack´n slash...but take out the female mage....she´s pretty tuff...I had my tanks rush her...and my paladin with Carsomyr was just to much for her
Old 10-10-2001, 08:56 PM   #3
Barloc
Zhentarim Guard

Wouldn't it be YATRT? instead of YOTRT?