Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2001, 07:02 PM   #1
Marcell
Dungeon Master

I noticed you guys here like story's so here's one i made about a year back, it has nothing to do with RP games though, its about a game called Cyberstrike2 (one of the few action games i realy loved, and still do...in a way) I used to be in a clan there and in my time there i wrote this, the places i speak about might not ring a bell to people who havnt play this game but its still nice

DARKNESS

On a cold and wet night when was sitting in a bar in golos not knowing what would happen to me in a few hours, that day i had been working on my cyberpod and made a few improvements to it most people didnt like me i was a lone man in a world full of terror and destruction, what once was such a beautifull world had now turned in a world of warr.I remember the day when this all started, the mining conference of syren decided to raise the taxes of the people that worked in the mines only this time the raise was to much people started getting angry about it, riots begun, but this was different there had been other times there where riots but now things began to run out of hand fjorme was destroyed and geslo was blown up clans began to form under the miners that survived they changed there miningpods into killingmachines capable of destroying entire cities.
Now several years later the war contineus under different clans,strong clans,deadly clans....

Then i heard a loud explosion behind me it scared the hell out of me after i came to my senses again i wonderd what it was so i climbed in my cyberpod to check it out there i ran into scrapheap of bricks and pipes it where the remains of a building, as i looked closer i saw that this was the building of the old police department of golos, i wonderd why someone would destroy it but actualy i didnt care because the clan that took control over that building where a bunch of people i hated , i thought by my self ah who the hell cares im glad they are gone just one less enemy.But still i wonderd who did this assault on them.....

As returned to the bar i noticed someone drinking a beer in the corner he called me over and began to tell me about the rumors he heard about a clan that attacks during the night he told me they done assaults on a lot of clans and even destroyed a few in the process, i didnt know if i should believe this man but then i asked him if he knew anything about the assault that had just accurd an hour ago he said yes i knew it was coming i talked to a man yesterday he told that this would happon and it did.Then who are these people that do all this i asked.People call them "The Darkness" the man said with a scared voice.Then the man stood up and walked away i never seen him again......

As i ran home in my cyberpod i saw something glowing on the horizon it looked like a fire although i never seen something like it around this city i got curious and began to run towards the glowing light.As i got closer to the fire i saw there where a bunch of cyberpods standing together in a line and some people sitting around the fire eating from a lizzard that was hangin over the fire on a stick.I stood my ground at a save distance where they couldnt see me, i could hear them talk about something they where laughing about it.I heard them speak about an assault they did a couple of hours ago.I thought by myself could this be the clan the old man in the bar was talking about.......

After a while the men where finished eating and talked about a next assault they where planning only they needed an experianced pilot to join them,i got myself a little closer to the men i saw there where 13 of them.Suddenly one of the men noticed me and begun screaming that he saw a cyberpod in the distance the leader asked how many, he said i only see one.The leader said to one of the men to go in his cyberpod and check it out.Shivers where running over my back as the cyberpod approachd, i knew i had good skill and i probably could take this guy down but still.... i didn knew this guy.The fight begun he was very skilled, i had a hard time keeping up with him but after a while i began to get familiar with his fighting style i took advantage of this and blowed his cyberpod to pieces he was lucky to eject in time and landed a few hundred feet away, but it wasnt over yet i saw the rest of his clan approaching me i coudnt stand up alone to 12 pods so i surrenderd.....

A few moments later they took me to the campfire, i was scared i didnt know what would happon next, but then the leader spoke to me and said that i had very good skills because i could beat their best fighter they said they needed someone to join them and asked if i whas willing to be the one.I didnt know what to say if i wouldnt join they would probably kill me but on the other hand i wouldnt have to be al by myself anymore and didnt have to fear the treath of my enemies, so i agreed to join them. I asked them what there clan name was the leader told me it was

"Darkness"

Written by Marcell

As i read over this i noticed a lot of typo's lol, ah well, deal with it ;p

Im off to bed now, gnight folks

Old 06-04-2001, 08:21 PM   #2
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Hi Marcell. Nice to see you posting your story! As you suggested in the intro, I am not familiar with the game Cyberstrike, so cannot really appreciate the story as I should. However, speaking as an Editor of sorts, I have to mention that one of the main difficulties in appreciating the story is the lack of proper punctuation! It is quite difficult to see where one sentence ends and another begins a lot of the time. If you could fix that when you are in less haste, it will be MUCH improved!

------------------

Old 06-04-2001, 08:43 PM   #3
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

I like it...
Fljotsdale has a point, the story will improve with editing, but the idea is there..
looking forward to more...

------------------