Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 05-31-2004, 03:13 PM   #1
Dirty Meg
Baaz Draconian

This post I'm sure will earn me the Neeber/Noober award for talking too much but here goes.

I have recently aquired BG1 and I'm planning to take my party through both games but I obviously can't take coran in BG2. So here's my question... Which BG2 NPC would make the best substitute for coran? Being good with bows is my main requirement of whoever I take and they would also need to be good in a fight (so not nalia or imoen) any ideas? Failing that, is there a Coran patch?
Old 05-31-2004, 03:46 PM   #2
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I've never downloaded it, but I hear that The Darkest Day includes either Coran or Kivan--more likely Kivan. But he's practically indistinguishable from Coran anyway, I'm of the opinion that they even used to be the same person.

"Most like Coran" Award: Valygar, a Neutral Good Human Stalker. He's not really an effective Tank due to his armor limitations, but then Coran wasn't either. He can Stealth, he can Backstab, and he's good with a Bow.

Best Archer: Mazzy, a Lawful Good Halfling Fighter. Has no Thiefy characteristics, but makes a darn good Tank if you don't need her archery skills.

Best Thief: Jan, a Chaotic Neutral Thief/Illusionist. A decent shot with a crossbow, and he gains levels as a Thief, which means that he has the THAC0 to actually hit something every now & again.

(I realize that you likely know most of this stuff already, I just added it in for the benefit of those who don't.)
Old 05-31-2004, 03:59 PM   #3
Dirty Meg
Baaz Draconian

Thanks 6oS... I hadn't considered Mazzy... She seems perfect and has the added advantage of Wang-Hai (the wise man of ling-po) no longer being the only midget in the party (he was feeling insecure). 8)