Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > The Great Escape Studios > 3D Modeling, Artwork and Discussions

Old 10-28-2004, 03:49 AM   #11
Sigmar
Unicorn

Arrow

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Yep, I should render him out now--he has his shoulder gun--with rockets, and eject button with a space where tapes like lazerbeak can be inserted. (And his long gun too).

I am going for a cartoon look style here too--these are not meant to be flashy metalic rendered images like I've seen--those DO look awesome, but what I am working on is getting the whole G1 line done (NOT the pretenders) and using the 'look' seen in the Cartoon. Then, I'll start remaking my comics using them. Since I am working on mmmmaaaanny other projects, and 2 comics NOW (Durty Bug and Intruders on Earth) both my creations, the comic won't be released until 2006 or later. I'll post renders as I create new bots though, which is already underway. (I have 30+ of my own creations to model too) [img]smile.gif[/img]
Nice nice

Ever need advice or whatever, just give me a shout.

Typically, Seibertron.com should be able to help you with any queries you should happen to have. Their transformer database is the best on the web, you're guarenteed to find all the G1 transformers there.

Also if you can, check out the new Dreamwave Tradepaperbacks which collect profiles of each and every transformer in the G1 conitunuity, essential stuff for a fan-fic writer! (failing that just check out the G1 series).
Sigmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 01:20 PM   #12
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Yep! I have every issue pf the original TF comic series as well as the DW comics. Also have images of nearly every bot/con so I have something to go by. Its a HUGE archive I've been building since 1998 [img]smile.gif[/img] . Also have the entire DVD TF G1 series, which I will snap some shots of some of the characters at different angles I am missing.

Should be fun! I made up Boaticons and Aquabots YEARS before they made seacons or whatever.. and both of mine combine into a huge sub named Nytomoulous and Ghaistron! (Merging like Stunticons and the like) They each have bubbles over their heads too (the autobot boats do).

Then you have Stratacons--they kidnapped humans and tie them to their chest plates all spread out when going into battle--KNOWING the Autobots won't fire on them because they don't wish to harm the humans--or as megatron always said "foolish Flesh Creatures" I love that line.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 05:31 PM   #13
Sigmar
Unicorn

Well, good luck then!

...As for the human armour... I'm suprised I've never thought of that!

Nice concept!
Sigmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 07:09 AM   #14
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Wow good stuff I really liked the last ship. Nice colors and looks great.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:09 AM   #15
Xaltar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Nice work, what apps do you use?

Are you into game modding/skinning/model creation?
Old 10-17-2005, 11:45 AM   #16
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Xaltar:

I used trueSpace back then, I now use 3DS Max for all my work. And yep, I LOVE making games, and I'm about to release a huge mod pack for my Neverwinter Nights mod, Escape from Undermountain, which will add new monsters, icons, placeable models, and tilesets (terrain). I would love to do this for a living. Its awesome..

Been modeling since trueSpace v1.0 back in 1994, and before that, used Deluxe Paint in 1990 . Man have we come a long way.. lol!!

I can Model, draw textures, UV map, animation and 2D art. I use Adobe Photoshop for textures.

[ 10-17-2005, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

Old 10-21-2005, 05:30 AM   #17
Xaltar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
quote:
Originally posted by Xaltar:

I used trueSpace back then, I now use 3DS Max for all my work. And yep, I LOVE making games, and I'm about to release a huge mod pack for my Neverwinter Nights mod, Escape from Undermountain, which will add new monsters, icons, placeable models, and tilesets (terrain). I would love to do this for a living. Its awesome..

Been modeling since trueSpace v1.0 back in 1994, and before that, used Deluxe Paint in 1990 [img]smile.gif[/img] . Man have we come a long way.. lol!!

I can Model, draw textures, UV map, animation and 2D art. I use Adobe Photoshop for textures.
[/QUOTE]Sweet, I have been doing skins, maps, items and stuff since 94/95. I think I enjoy modding more than actually playing the games

I am looking for a better anatomicaly correct female torso for NWN. The ones I have found so far are just the ingame ones reskinned to look nude. The problem with that is that the breasts sit differently when not held up by clothes. They are way to high up on the models I have (even the jiggly ones). I am trying to make the skins look as real as possible but you can't do that if the proportions are wrong. Things like nymphs and dryads just look off....
I am getting 3ds max soon but do you have any idea what I will need to import/export to NWN?
Old 10-22-2005, 05:20 AM   #18
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

2 Tools that are a MUST are:

NWNMax (THE #1 NWN Editing too)
http://nwmax.dladventures.com/

This has loads of tools too (Tileset tools mainly)
http://velmar.dladventures.com/veltools/

Yeah, I never even played the single player game of NWN at all. I just like making content..

I started modeling/skinning waaay back when Quake 1 was released, and made GI Joe skins Like Storm Shadow, and stuff. looked freaking cool.

Old 10-22-2005, 08:05 AM   #19
Xaltar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks; That is a great help: I will upload the finnished product once I am done [img]smile.gif[/img]

The first game I modded was Wolfenstein 3d when I was about 14 (it was already an old game tho )

My 1st skins were in quake 2 so you got me there lol.

nice to be able to talk to another experienced modder
Old 10-23-2005, 12:16 PM   #20
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Oh yeah, I did some levels for DOOM 1, and was fun.. DOOMED v.99b That was my first mod I think..

Can't wait to get NWN 2 next year, and I may mess with Half Lifes editor... sounds neat!