Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2007, 03:13 AM   #11
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Alright! Been waiting for this for ages.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:17 AM   #12
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Balintherlas:
I hope this game comes out before I die,
I'd rather it comes out after I die than come out before not properly finished.

Actually I'm afraid of two things:

1. Come out too early not finished properly with too many bugs (I honestly don't mind the release date being postponed for the n-th time, if the final product is worth the wait).
2. Making changes to the original storyline. Or releasing WoS after this that will do it like they changed some of the stroyline from W1 and W2 to suit WoW.
Old 05-20-2007, 04:59 AM   #13
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

It looks pretty, but we'll see. Hopefully it'll have more depth than the first, and they'll continue the Xel'Naga(sp?) storyline. I'm looking forward to this, but I hope the camera won't too limited. Ah, well, blizzard have done well up until WoW; hopefully they've not lost their touch.
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 05:57 AM   #14
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Balintherlas:
Well, I thought it had a great story, and the gameplay was far superior to that of warcraft 2, but everyone's entitled to their own opinion.
Maybe the gameplay was superior, but I seriously couldn't stand the silly icon animations, the failed attempts at humour in the voice acting and the pseudo-3d engine which made everything look just weird enough to not be my warcraft experience anymore(sort of blocky). I seriously hope starcraft II doesn't go this same way but it sure looks like it based on the zealot animation on the site. Then again, the trailer looks absolutely brilliant and the gameplay video I spotted on youtube gave me a little hope (things were small enough that you won't notice the blockyness). The one thing all of this does have is that it looks like the old starcraft but with an updated engine, so I'm very interested. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-20-2007, 05:14 PM   #15
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

Yea, I'm really hopin they begin the story where the left off, with Duran's secret master and the zerg/protoss splicing, thats my favorite part in all Blizzard games.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:28 PM   #16
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Excuse me while I get a sponge to wipe the saliva from my keyboard.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:40 PM   #17
Chewbacca
Zartan

Best PC gaming news so far all year!
Old 05-21-2007, 06:36 AM   #18
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

It's about time actually. Hope Blizzard don't screw up the Starcraft storyline like they did with Warcraft.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 12:30 PM   #19
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

You know, I really don't see why every darn new game released for PC has to be a first person shooter, a sim, an MMO, or a RTS. I'm tired of all of them in their standard forms, and most of all I'm tired of the RTS.

Seriously. You build units. You point someplace. You click. You have to micromanage them just to move around a rock. It's not fun.

I've tried to get into RTS's before...I remember really trying with Age of Empires I and II. Is Starcraft a substantially different experience?

I think the coolest RTS I've ever played was Battlestations: Midway, because you didn't have to mine for resources, and you could individually control the units directly. Way cool. None of this detached crap from every other RTS I've touched.

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 01:00 PM   #20
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Ilander:
You know, I really don't see why every darn new game released for PC has to be a first person shooter, a sim, an MMO, or a RTS. I'm tired of all of them in their standard forms, and most of all I'm tired of the RTS.

Seriously. You build units. You point someplace. You click. You have to micromanage them just to move around a rock. It's not fun.

I've tried to get into RTS's before...I remember really trying with Age of Empires I and II. Is Starcraft a substantially different experience?

I think the coolest RTS I've ever played was Battlestations: Midway, because you didn't have to mine for resources, and you could individually control the units directly. Way cool. None of this detached crap from every other RTS I've touched.
RTS are one of my favorite game genres. And not in any of the rts's I played I had to micromanage to get my units to move around a rock. I did have some troubles having my character move from behind a door in NWN for example...