Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2007, 02:49 PM   #1
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

<font face="Verdana" size="3" color="#009999">I got the Four books from A Song of Fire and Ice for Christmas and started reading them. I am about 1/4 of the way through A Game of Thrones and it is like WoW, he really knows how to hook you. I have characters that I really like and ones that I really hate. But hate in a good way as I want to jump in the book and kill them myself. Robert Baratheon the Highking is likeable enough but seems lazy and content, and gives into his bitch queen to much. Eddard(Ned) Stark is my favorite and most respected character so far, although the scene were the Dire Wolf with the stags antler impaled in it seems to be foreshadow to me, and now he seems to have ended up in a vipors nest of Lannisters. His kids all seem pretty cool too, except for Sasha at the moment. Damn you Jamie Lannister (This guy I just love to hate), his brother I can't seem to hate if some of has actions are questionable like a likable villian maybe because he is witty and has some pretty funny lines!!!</font>

[ 01-17-2007, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 03:37 PM   #2
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Best books I've ever read. Now that I've read the entire series three times(except for Feast, only been through that once), I can honestly say that there's no author living or dead who can measure up to George.

And yes, Tyrion is my favorite character too.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:45 PM   #3
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Yes, great author. I've been hooked ever since I read the first one years ago. I really can't wait for the next one. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2007, 09:47 PM   #4
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Ok, I placed a hold at the library. I'm in 11th place. I hope I get Road of the Patriach soon; I'm in position 5 for that one.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:13 AM   #5
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I own the first, second and fourth book and reread them all recently. Its an addiction and I can't wait to see how it all turns out.

Pritchke, be sure to keep us updated concerning how you feel concerning certain plots and characters, its really cool to see the books through the eyes of someone reading them for the first time. Really brings back some of the fun [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-13-2007, 11:21 AM   #6
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

You read ASoIaF books without adhering to the order!? YOU HERETIC!
Old 01-16-2007, 07:10 PM   #7
shadowhound

Sadly I am a touch too poverty stricken atm to grab the third book, but soon, soon my precious.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:12 PM   #8
pritchke

<font face="Verdana" size="3" color="#009999">I thought for sure Tyroin was guilty but looks like there is a third party involved. It was pretty funny when he was confessing all his crimes. My guess would be Greyjoy can't remember is first name at the moment but he is in Winterfell. Basicly we have not see to much of him and he seemed rather reckless in rescueing The Stark brothers earlier and his advice seems like he wants a war, but thats just a guess. Also Ned is the hand again after quiting I thought forsure the Lannisters had him that time. Very interesting!! The Eyrie does look like its an impenatrable fortress would need an inside job to take it. The hound also earned a little respect from me for standing up to his giant of a brother in the tournament. I kind of liked that Tyrell kid so glad he did not get crushed.</font>

[ 01-17-2007, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
Old 01-18-2007, 07:03 PM   #9
shadowhound

Quote:
Originally posted by pritchke:
<font face="Verdana" size="3" color="#009999">My guess would be Greyjoy, can't remember is first name at the moment, but he is in Winterfell.</font>
His name is Theon Greyjoy [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-22-2007, 12:35 PM   #10
pritchke

<font face="Verdana" size="3" color="#009999">One Chapter left to read. So many loose ends, in the first one, the auther must have had a outline or plan for all four books from the start. 3 Kings now. I didn't expect littlefinger to betray Ned I expect that if Neds wife finds out she will be feeding something of Littlefingers to the goats if she gets an opportunity. I kind of figured Ned would die but I didn't know it would be Jeffrey who ordered it, I was expecting his mother. What an idiot that boy is. Lord Tywin has sent Tyrion to go slap some sense into his nephew, as he as pretty much costed him the war and possibly Jamies life. It should be interesting in the next book as the white guard is sworn to protect the king, but what will they do if Tyrion slaps his nephew around, it is possible they will let him as technically they will be protecting him if they don't want Lord Tywin to come a behead his grandson himself, I have no doubt he would do it. If it was me in Robbs shoes I would chop Jamies head off and trade bodies to proberly bury my father, I guess he still needs to get his sister out. I would be content ruling the north. Robb has pretty much the most lands and banners in the seven kingdoms now. Let the other two self proclaimed kings fight over what is left. The other two sub stories are interesting as well. Not sure what will happen to our exiled dragon princess but I see her returning to the seven kingdoms she has nothing left were she is. With 3 kings one of them may pardon her, possibly Robb. The other plot is interesting as well with the Undead and protecting the wall. Did I read correctly that Old Bear, Commander of the night watch is or was a Dragon.</font>

[ 01-22-2007, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]