Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-19-2001, 11:30 AM   #21
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Rolzi_69:
99 ppl
im excited
sorry
I know this doesnt have anything to do with this thread but im excited hehehe

Damn right this doesn't have anything to do with this thread! Don't pollute it with spam, ok dude, especially as it's a good thread. Don't respond to this comment, either.

------------------
Old 06-19-2001, 11:59 AM   #22
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by RudeDawg:

Memnoch and I both call it the Cloak of Cheating. TOO Powerful. You'll notice that I also don't use Crom Faeyr or the Mace of Disruption. Only longswords and katanas, and my bow. It provides a challenge that way.

I'm trying to ROLEPLAY the charcter as I see an Elven Ranger. Not a god.

Of course, if anyone wants to powergame for the Challenge, they are welcome to !!!

Valid point Rudedawg but i'm still curious why doesn't Perin have any cloak at all, I cant picture a ranger without a cloak. The cloak of reflection may be too good but all the other ones in bg1 and 2 are not so whats your reason? (By the way thanks for telling me Perin's stats)

------------------
Sigmar has only one foe,
and he is Tiax!
Old 06-19-2001, 02:27 PM   #23
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
Valid point Rudedawg but i'm still curious why doesn't Perin have any cloak at all, I cant picture a ranger without a cloak. The cloak of reflection may be too good but all the other ones in bg1 and 2 are not so whats your reason? (By the way thanks for telling me Perin's stats)

I used the Cloak of Non-Detection, or Displacement at first. Then I asked myself....

In a PnP game, is it likely that a single character will be completly equiped in magical array?

A weapon or three, maybe some armor or rings or boots....
but, EVERYTHING????

I'm not telling anyone else how to play, but I've been removing stuff for a while. I don't use an uber-weapon. I don't have a blunt weapon at all, so I have to figure out golems and such. I have NOTHIN that can hit Kangaxx. (I've killed before solo, I have nothin to prove)

I'll drop off the two rings I'm wearig; Ring of the Ram and Ring of Reg. And the Periapt of Life Protection. (IRL, I never wear jewelry)

I still believe I can take out the BIG BAD GUY.

Memnoch, I didn't say it would be easy... We all know I'll be reloading a lot...
but, I will do it.

And, Timberwolf???

Perin LightEyes <---> RudeDawg <---> Me
The BadAss of BadestAsses!!!

------------------
Old 06-19-2001, 04:26 PM   #24
Jimbo
The Magister

Ahh, I see where you're coming from RD, you want the world to be less of magic, and the magic that is there shouldn't be that common, but when it is it should be powerful (I think). It is a good idea, but I think alot of us play the games because it is magic and might that is making it fun.

The notion of less magic is good, but then some of the monsters (and the cheats to make it harder), probably shouldn't be in your realm or world. I guess it is more a balance that we all look for, some want magic flowing like water in the world, or as rare as hen's teeth, and when you decied which way to go, how will you make it fun, and not too extreem.

Btw, you could have magic on every part, especially if Perin was an adapt fletch, and with his druid buddies they have learned how to gather nature's forces into there bows and arrows. And if Perin is traveler and a bit of a drinker and tradesman, he could easily work out trades of high quality archery gear for magic gear from the other tradesmen.

Just a though