Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2001, 05:24 PM   #11
Malla Gabriel

[Bangs head on keyboard] I offer a challange to everybody who thinks magic users are crap make a party without any magic users on ANYKIND!!! then lets see you get through the game!
Divine spells are magic too.

Old 01-30-2001, 06:07 PM   #12
Magness
Quintesson

I agree with Malla Gabriel. I am a person who prefers to play paladins, but I cannot imagine taking on Jon in the very late parts of the game without a couple mages. I suppose that it could be done, but it would be mighty difficult.

In the reverse, I cannot imagine playing the game with a party of pure mages (no dual or multi class chars).

While I may prefer to play a carry characters that carry a stout shield and a good yard of steel, I know that my party also needs strong spellcasting support.
Old 01-30-2001, 07:28 PM   #13
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Rikard - you got me laughing tonight!! What the hell is that a Limp Bizkit song? If not, it should be! "your mouth's writing checks that your ass can't cash"? (laughing) what the hell does that mean? (laughing). It's people like you that keep me coming back to this Board! Don't ever change Rikard!
Old 01-30-2001, 10:42 PM   #14
IdiotRogue
Manshoon

Rikard: I sincerely hope you don't think I am picking on magi in general or you in particular. I guess my mindset/playing style at this point does not allow me to be a successful mage. The party I am currently playing in BGI consists of a fighter (me), two Rangers (Minsc & Kivan), Jaheira, the dwarf cleric/fighter from Cloakwood Mines (Branwen got croaked and Viconia ditched me 'cause I didn't keep an eye on my reputation) and DYNAHEIR who has done an excellent job for me. I cannot imagine trying to get through BGI, and especially BGII without quality magic wielders. Just can't seem to be a mage myself (yet).

To give you an idea of my problems, the following is the conversation which occurred the last time I tried being a mage. Gorion has just met his end and I am still patting out the flames from the encounter with Sarevok:

Imoen: Heya, it's me, Imoen. Where ya gonna get us killed today?

Maximus Moronicus: C'mon now, try and show a little positive attitude. I've put a lot of thought into our situation and come up with a plan.

Imoen: You've been THINKING?!? Give me half a second and I'll just fall on my sword now. It'll save you some time and me some aggravation.

Maximus Moronicus: Hold on there, give me a chance! This plan could actually WORK.

Imoen: Sure, just like the "If-we-stick-to-the-road-nothing-bad-will-happen-to-us" plan. Remember THAT one? The last thing I remember hearing was, "You have been waylaid by enemies and must defend yourself." The last thing I felt were a quiver or two of bandit arrows in my derriere. And, I KNOW the last thing I saw was you running all over the place, trying to get your hands free of your sleeves to cast some spell. I TOLD you to buy a short-sleeved robe from Winthrop before you left.

Maximus Moronicus: Um, yes, well, ah -

Imoen: By the way, what spell did you cast?

Maximus Moronicus: Uh, Cure Light Wounds.

Imoen: LIGHT WOUNDS?!? I was hemhorraging faster than Chiktikka Fastpaws!

Maximus Moronicus: Look, dammit, I'm only a level one mage.

Imoen: True, sorry. I don't get it, though. I didn't feel even a tiny bit better.

Maximus Moronicus: Yes, well, um...

Imoen: What in the Nine Hells did you do?

Maximus Moronicus: Uh, remember that bandit you hit?

Imoen: Sure I do! Best shot I ever made. He panicked right away and was completely out of the fight. I was drawing a bead on the next bandit when I became a pin cushion... Wait, don't you DARE tell me you...

Maximus Moronicus: Calm down, woman. After all, the ungratefull bastard killed me too...

And that is when I went back to being a fighter (for now). It's all true. I swear it. Well, maybe it was a flashback from those mushrooms I smoked back in 1979...
Old 01-31-2001, 12:36 AM   #15
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

ehm Moiraine Thanks
you make me feel so wanted
-------(rikard sits in the corner crying of happiness)----------
And It IS a limp Bizkit song
It's called Full Nelson and it's track 4 on Chocolat Starfisha dn the hotdog flavoured water

coz you mouth writes checkes that your ass can't cash
well that kinda mean you say more than you can do

and IR
well I KNOW
but Yorick and GW
well they don't
Old 01-31-2001, 12:43 AM   #16
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

BTW Idiot Rogue
one question
You are calling you character Maximus Moronicus
do you honestly think a character named Maximus Moronicus is motivated to be good
i would be named Maximus Moronicus i would let myself get killed
Old 01-31-2001, 02:15 AM   #17
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Ehm Rikard aka Secret Agent Jay C Mendez
Limp Bizkit pulled out of their Big Day Out tour in Australia

(I don't really listen to them but I hate people pulling out of tours

PS you're right, mages suck until they get to level 10 at least then they start kicking some serious ass.
Old 01-31-2001, 04:40 AM   #18
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

ehm... i will stand by Rickard againt all yer onslaught against mages... Im a necro.. mages RULEZ!!! ... anyway... since i understand that Idiot Rogue cant be a mage... its in his nature... as he is saying right now...
Old 01-31-2001, 08:33 AM   #19
IdiotRogue
Manshoon

My utter failure as a mage (it is an insult to magi everywhere to consider my brief excursion as a wielder of magic qualifying me as a mage), makes it far too embarrassing to reveal the name I selected for that ill fated mage character. I changed the name in the above dialogue to protect that worthy name and to better reflect the results of my misadventure...

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger."
Old 01-31-2001, 09:44 AM   #20
fighter-thief

you IdiotRogue is way to funny you made me LOL
i don't remember the last time i laughed so hard
and earlier i stated that fighters and thieves are better,well that was to show that YOUR class is more of a direct reflection or inderect image of your self actually no class is better than the other i see it as a chain that if you didn't have one class the whole chain would fail ,but still fighter and thieves are better
cool song i liked the meaning