Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2001, 11:54 AM   #11
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

My biggest mistake was when I played a halfling assassin to chapter 4, not realizing I was level drained. I wondered why I could never pass level 4. I had been level drained since the beginning (Korgans quest). When I finally found out I could restore me and all the npc's with scrolls and temples. Later I found out that my stats was very bad. 13 in average is not really good to have, and 15 in dexterity. I didn't know you could change the stats, I thought it would be the same every time you rolled. This was my first game which I replayed immediately.

Melusine, Limited wish quest???
I have used every one time wish there is (wis 1
Old 01-30-2001, 01:52 PM   #12
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

El, that's hilarious. I HATE LEVEL DRAIN at the best of times but that must have totally infuriated you.

Melusine, not much to say to that. Fair enough.

No worries Dirt.
Old 01-30-2001, 02:26 PM   #13
Charlie
Lord Ao

Doing Keldorns non quest. He's a celibate wanker that can't keep it up and his missus has had more pricks than a pin cushion...who can blame her after marrying that tosser. Total waste of time.
Old 01-30-2001, 04:59 PM   #14
Sardonix

For me, working through Bohdi's lair for Linvail, using a few restoration spells and a bunch of reloads, to finish and realise that I had completely forgotten about Daystar in my quickslot (whacking them instead with some mace) and the two neg. plane protections Jaheira had learned exactly for this occasion. Or whacking Golems while the Rod of Smiting lies unused. Or having to reload and go through the whole Illitherid gladiator pit again because I let my collared door-opening Mind Flayer wander into battle (Ulitherids don't open doors - remember this...)

Old 01-30-2001, 05:23 PM   #15
turbovee
Elminster

Worst mistake I ever made was I played a fighter!
Old 01-30-2001, 05:32 PM   #16
Malla Gabriel

Love it, my miskates,

1) using my Fairy Dragon to attack.
2) casting two gate spells in the the final fight and not casting protect from evil, and then casting area spells at them.
4) not realising that i did it, and think the bad ones, which look the same were mine.

Old 01-30-2001, 05:32 PM   #17
Malla Gabriel

5) a dobble posting, sorry.

Old 01-30-2001, 09:11 PM   #18
antaren420

my first time through bg2, i was a mage. i was doing the quest for jahera, where you have to get that slave trader guy who cast a curse on her. my party was around lev 9-11, so we were getting creamed by the 3 wizards the slave guy had with him. i didnt want to die, so i retreated out the door hoping to flee and regroup. the 3 attacking wizards followed me out the door into the outside. i cant remember who triggered the cowled wizards, but they showed up almost immediately. on one side i'm getting blasted by the slaver's three wizards, and on the other side there are the 3 powerful cowled wizards, and they both start fighting each other. i got mazed by the cowled wizards, and the two groups of spell casters started flinging spells at each other, i never saw so many sells shot at once. there were creatures being summoned in masses, the town guards near by started attacking the wizards, and innocent pedestrians standing were killed in the cross fire. when i finally got back from the maze, all my party members were dead and the spell casting fight was no slowing down. i was killed almost instantly. but all this is not the worste mistake i made. the worste mistake is that i didnt save since i got out of the first dongeon, and all i had was the auto save from trying to run from the wizards. you should try what i did if you want to see those fireworks

Old 01-30-2001, 09:14 PM   #19
"Hell Lich" Wah

ARRGGH! Turbovee - you just get your fighter over here and I'll show him what it means to be one!!

The worst mistake that I ever made was to take anomen with me - no more.

The guy is a brat who nicked most of my experience that could've been spent on others in the game!!

Old 01-30-2001, 09:27 PM   #20
turbovee
Elminster

Hell Lich, Gladly because I need more monster fodder to take the damage while I sit back and cast "summon coffee and doughnuts".