Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-29-2002, 07:50 PM   #1
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

And I shoulda posted this a couple of days ago.

Turkey Prep

Step 1: Go buy a turkey
Step 2: Take a drink of whiskey
Step 3: Put the turkey in the oven
Step 4: Take another 2 drinks of whiskey
Step 5: Set the degree at 375 ovens
Step 6: Take 3 more whiskeys of drink
Step 7: Turn oven the on
Step 8: Take 4 whisks of drinky
Step 9: Turk the bastey
Step 10: Whiskey another bottle of get
Step 11: Stick a turkey in the thermometer
Step 12: Glass yourself a pour of whiskey
Step 13: Bake the whiskey for 4 hours
Step 14: Take the oven out of the turkey
Step 15: No...take the OVEN out of the TURkey
Step 16: Floor the turkey up off the pick
Step 17: Turk the carvey
Step 18: Get yourself another scottle of botch
Step 19: Tet the sable and pour yourself a glass of turkey
Step 20: Bless the saying, pass and eat out

[img]tongue.gif[/img]
[img]\"http://home.earthlink.net/~moraine_sedai/_uimages/dragonmage.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/hero2.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Alureth...Dragon friend of Lady Breanna<br /><br />Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.<br />Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force<br />Mother Hen of IW and Mage extraordinaire.<br /><br />Utterly in love with my soul mate, Hiram.
Old 11-29-2002, 07:55 PM   #2
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

LOL, Dragonmage, I think that I have seen something like that before. Why does everybody cook the turkey so long? Galadria cooked ours for 2 hours at 500 degrees, and it was great!
Old 11-30-2002, 02:12 AM   #3
Slizerio

Hee-Hee good one. We don't celebate thanksgiving here in Aus so we don't have any turkey. (Why is it always turkeys that are eaten on holidays??

Old 11-30-2002, 02:19 AM   #4
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Slizerio:
(Why is it always turkeys that are eaten on holidays??
Beacuse Turkey is good.

I am not as think as you drunk I am....As they say.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 11-30-2002, 02:25 AM   #5
Slizerio

[img]graemlins/shooter05.gif[/img] Gizza drink Or i wine you like I wined the turkey

Old 11-30-2002, 06:30 AM   #6
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Slizerio:
Hee-Hee good one. We don't celebate thanksgiving here in Aus so we don't have any turkey. (Why is it always turkeys that are eaten on holidays??
hmmm we sometimes have turkey on Christmas instead, even though I don`t like it much [img]tongue.gif[/img]
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 11-30-2002, 02:28 PM   #7
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

They play a commercial like that on our radio stations around christmas time, except they bake a fruit log, or something like that.
Old 11-30-2002, 02:32 PM   #8
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

I tried fried turkey this year for the first time, and it was VERY good. Not dry at all, which is almost always a problem with the white meat, but then, I didn't expect it to be this time since it was cooked in several gallons of boiling oil. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2002, 03:10 PM   #9
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
I tried fried turkey this year for the first time, and it was VERY good. Not dry at all, which is almost always a problem with the white meat, but then, I didn't expect it to be this time since it was cooked in several gallons of boiling oil. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
We did the same thing, if I may, Mister Bman, sir. You already know how we struggle to emulate you and in frying one of our turkey's, we have succeeded in a small part of perfection. Granted, the fried turkey wasn't as fulfilling as, say, a Philadelphia Cheestake and Curley fries, but it was okay.

Since I am cognizant of my role as offal on the sidewalk of life, I don't deserve a reply.

Edited because I realized that I have replied in a thread of Dragonmage's making and should compliment her on her humor.

Dragonmage, I have been a fan of your work for some time now. You are simply the most splendiferious being I've encountered thus far and am volunteering to clip your toenails. If it would amuse you, I would do my special self flaggelation ritual while you cackle with glee and hurl cheetos my way.

Edited once more because for the life of me I cannot remember what the plural of turkey is and know, deep within my heart, that although I am mentally deficient, I can still offer something to society and should not be euthanized.

Edited yet again because my tom-cat is attempting to mount my keyboard while I type this. Oddly enough, everything he says starts with the letter "M". I realized that in my feeble attempt to compliment the image of pulchritude we all know as Dragonmage I failed to mention how amusing her post was. So, before I delve even deeper how replete my life is with foibles, I would like to thank her for bringing a grimace to my repulsive visage for a moment.
(Edited within an edit - I was so close to referring to scatalogical analogies insofar as my worth on this planet is so very insignifant)

I meant to smile. Really. Oh, and I promise to stop editing now.

[ 11-30-2002, 03:24 PM: Message edited by: Hiram Sedai ]
Old 11-30-2002, 03:39 PM   #10
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Hiram, I'll concur about the philly cheesesteak and fries.

So you cooked your own? How hard was it? I've seen it done on the Cooking Channel, but the boiling oil makes me a bit weary, although I would like to try doing it. Maybe with an asbestos apron....lol.