Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-31-2001, 04:33 AM   #21
Entreri
Manshoon

My biggest mistake is to kill the leader of the shadow thief after the underdark. Arkanis Gath killed all my party in 3 sec! So I though of a plan and I summoned 2 pit fiend, all my party near the exit hasted, and my fighter-mage (pro vs mag weapon, impr-haste) killing the leader while Arkanis killing the demons (giving me the time to kill the leader, steal his stuff and close the room door and running away from the docks) But after that, I realised that I can't go back in the docks 'cause That stupid Arkanis was outside waiting for me. But, I did continue after that not knowing that I cannot finish the Demi lich quest and cannot go to that dwarf that make weapons with parts we find in the game. That's sucks, that guy is immortal and doing 1000dmg with 100% pro vs all (He kill through stone skin). No saved-games before this mistake so I did a new game. ( I was in chapter 7 !!)
Old 01-31-2001, 11:49 PM   #22
tub-e
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The biggest mistake I ever made was the first time I ever played, and I walked around and stole from peoples houses and unlocked chests. Then they all yell "thief" and turn hostile, and some idiot from your party attacks them and you stuff up your reputation. It also stuffs up some quests for you.
Old 02-01-2001, 04:36 AM   #23
Vathek

The biggest mistake I have made (so far), is:
In cahpter 5 (Underdark), when Adalon the Silver Dragon asks you to retrieve her eggs for her. Well, what happened was, when Phaere asked me to kill Solauefein I accepted (meaning I would only have one set of fake eggs to replace the real ones with).
So, when I swapped the eggs the Matron Mother was killed by the demon she had summoned, but this meant that Phaere would give away the eggs. I didnt let her do this, which resulted in my death thanks to the combined efforts of Phaere and the Demon. So, I reloaded and decided to attack the Matron Mother; She dispelled my disguise but after some struggling I killed her and Phaere. The health of my party wasnt too great, and to make matters worse I couldnt rest. I flung open the doors and bolted past the 7 awaiting Drow, then when outside, not only had I been followed but the citizens turned on me too. I created waypoints all over the city and finally one of my characters reached the exit...alone, thanks to his boots of speed. So, while Jaheira, Anomen, Minsc, Aerie and Imoen struggled to get through the hordes, Vathek (my main character), had to slaughter at least 10 warriors; a mixture of Drow, Duergar and Giant Spiders. We finally escaped only to be confronted by more outside the gates, I reached Adalon after another battle and assumed I would be teleported somewhere like Waukeens Promenade...hmm, not quite. I had to kill 3 Drow and 2 skeletons to reach AN exit, then through the exit were about 7 Drow and 2 spiders, after this battle I met some elves. Due to what they said I again assumed I was clear of danger...another two rooms with 5 drow remained. I finally reached the outside, victorious? I had left Soul Reaver, some nifty armour and the girdle of frost giant strength behind, in the unexplored Kuo-Tan dungeon...DOH!
I obtained soul reaver and rested to get my identify spells back, and what did I discover...ONLY USABLE BY NON-GOOD ALIGNMENT...Yoshimo sprung to mind, I had dual-classed him to a fighter. Off I went, killed the Githyanki in the Slums and as I walked through the doors of the Copper Coronet he simply keeled over, DEAD.
Well, following this I killed Bodhi with the assistance of Drizzt, then I decided to go to the Hall of the Radiant Heart with Anomen...he was rejected for killing Saerk Fahrrand? and when I said he deserved it the arrogant bastard attacked me, I wiped the floor with his sorry ass (chopping him into tiny pieces with the Vorpal Blade) and went to recruit Valygar, who is a better fighter anyway....
Question: Should Valygar wear his own armour (AC2)+25% resistance to fire and acid etc or some of my spare armour (AC-1)+15% resistance?