Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2003, 10:18 PM   #11
Lord Lothar
Quintesson

<font color=cadetblue>Oh man, I gotta see this. Transformers rocked! Beast Wars was pretty good too IMO. Dinobot and Waspinator ruled all..."Waspinator has headache ALL OVER BODY." Hopefully live action won't make it look bad.</font>
Old 08-18-2003, 02:56 AM   #12
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by cloud ff7 38:
transformers isent that like a show for 7 yr olds make a gundam movie.
O_o

You're entitled to your opinion.

I have to edit one of my previous posts- "Anywho I'm bumping this because the two directors trying to get the chance to direct this movie are the person who directed all the Terminator films and the other is the person who directed the X-men. They've outbidded all the other developers for chance to direct the movie, personally I would prefer the terminator director for obvious reasons"

The "terminator director" in question is John Cameron, director of the first two Terminator films, not the guy who did the third film. Sorry!

PS-And the movie will be a dual production of Don Murphy and Tom DeSanto (of X-men 1&2 production fame)!

[ 08-18-2003, 03:17 AM: Message edited by: Sigmar ]
Sigmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 05:43 AM   #13
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by cloud ff7 38:
transformers isent that like a show for 7 yr olds make a gundam movie.
shh.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 08:17 PM   #14
Tancred
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
Hasbro stated it's going to have a PG-13 rating which indicates that its not going to be for kids, who are obviously the main consumers of Transformer products.
Ho ho, I'm not so sure this is true... try going to some of the Transformers site forums, there's an army of 25-year-old fans out there snapping up the classier new ranges of Transformer toys as they come. Some of these folks are downright... disturbing. There's a small fangirl clique that thinks Soundwave is the ultimate pin-up, for example.

just the thought of that gives me the heebyjeebies. Here they come again.

*heebyjeeby*
Old 08-24-2003, 02:28 PM   #15
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

hey, i'm 25
and i own some of the new toys.
hmm...
Old 08-29-2003, 07:11 AM   #16
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Tancred:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sigmar:
Hasbro stated it's going to have a PG-13 rating which indicates that its not going to be for kids, who are obviously the main consumers of Transformer products.
Ho ho, I'm not so sure this is true... try going to some of the Transformers site forums, there's an army of 25-year-old fans out there snapping up the classier new ranges of Transformer toys as they come. Some of these folks are downright... disturbing. There's a small fangirl clique that thinks Soundwave is the ultimate pin-up, for example.

just the thought of that gives me the heebyjeebies. Here they come again.

*heebyjeeby*
</font>[/QUOTE]I only go one TF forum. Seibertron for the same reasons you presented, the others (from my experience) tend to be full of "disturbing" people.

Even there I just stick to the Transformers discussion, and I don't touch gen con with a ten foot stick It's generally full of spam. Rest of the site is pretty good though, especially if you're a TF fan. http://www.seibertron.com/#

Slackerboy nothing wrong with owning the toys, each to his own. Some collect Warhammer, some WW2 models, some pogs, and some like transformers!
Old 09-03-2003, 04:13 AM   #17
Sigmar
Unicorn

New link, new info, De Santo speaks out about the movie-

http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=1325

Enjoy.
Old 09-06-2003, 03:43 PM   #18
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Ok, this is ground breaking news for me. I grew up with the transformers as did many of us. I still own a considerable amount of autobots and decepticons. Live will probably be great: just look at the current level of high quality CG animations! The will be a blast from the past into the future! I eagerly await.
Old 09-22-2003, 06:33 PM   #19
TX_Chris
Dungeon Master

Ag, CG...a good thing that transformers are big blocks of metal o.O much easier to animate than lets say a cat or a human...So atleast you can be almost certain that if it gets a big budget and one of the before mentioned directors is working with it that it will come out looking good, as for casting choices, who's going to play Spike and the other anoying little hu-man?? Frankly i don't care just as long as they get crushed by some clumsy autobot half way through the movie ;D

Mwahahahaha....^___^;;