Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 04-22-2015, 03:55 AM   #1
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Default I have a Kindle Fire!!! Now what?...

Like the title says, I decided to pick up a kindle Fire. What's out there to read? Downloaded the Eragon series to start, may pick up Harry Potter and finally read those books, instead of watching the movies (which I loved), Also like Orson Scott Cards Ender Saga. Mostly only read the core books though, Ender's Game, Speaker, Xenocide, and Children of the Mind. Also a fan of Tad Williams... (read Memory Sorrow and Thorn collection, and Otherland Saga.)

Any suggestions?

p.s. just realized I've been a member here for almost 13 years, wow. I know others have been around longer, but still, wow.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com

Last edited by Firestormalpha; 04-22-2015 at 03:59 AM.
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 04:01 PM   #2
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Default Re: I have a Kindle Fire!!! Now what?...

Heheh! wild isn't it? I see my family's kids, and say, "I have a website older than you!" they look at me like 'huh?'.. lol..

You into the Drizzt series? The also epub'ed a lot of old Forgotten Realms novels too. I hate when new released hardback novels come out and the ebook version is like a dollar cheaper... come on! So I usually wait till its cheaper.. unless its a REALLY good series!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 01:57 AM   #3
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Not sure if they're available on kindle, but try the Sword of Truth series
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sword_of_Truth

Also the Witcher saga is being translated into English.

I miss the times when these forums were more active. Ziroc, any updates on EfU? You mentioned you might make it available offline one day.
Old 04-23-2015, 02:13 AM   #4
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Yeah, been working on it on and off, but may release it as is soon--then release an updated version with the ending at a later date.

Yeah, I miss the old days too.. Social media/mobiles have slowed traffic to loads of forums. I have been working on the next update for the forums--that will allow mobile users to check the site easier, better capcha (no bot spammers) I'm just saving up the money for it. $300-ish.. but when I have the $$, the rest of the design will be READY! (About to upload the new tgeweb.com design)

I Removed a few topics (trek news) and stuff, and added a few new areas---Modding design, mods and such. ALL kinds of game mods,, so this may gain us a following in the modding community as well. (and for 3D modeling for SURE) as I'm rolling out a huge area on tgeweb with tons of models I made.

But for Ironworks, I need to add some non 'RPG' interests.. FPS maybe? Hardcore strategic games... in addition to RPGs! I think we'll be seeing a new golden age of RPG's soon. Underworld 3 is being made, Baldur's Gate 3 is going to be made, Descent reboot (3D ship game from the 90s) not RPG, but fun, and lots more! A NEW Deus Ex on the way, and rumors of Dishonored II in the works!

So I gotta get busy eh? heheh.. (I'll need to change a few things in EFU, and package it, and will post here and in EFU about the download).

Old 04-23-2015, 05:07 AM   #5
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Ok I know this one has what I think is a bad choice for the name of the book. The Reluctant Courtesan. It makes it sound like a Harlequin romance book.

http://www.amazon.com/Reluctant-Conc...tant+concubine

Not saying there isn't romance but it's not the focus of the book. I'm about finished with it and it's been a good read and well written. It's $.99 on Amazon, if you don't like it hey you're out a whole dollar. But I doubt you'll regret it. I've already bought book 2, will start on it tomorrow while Bic unloads 24,000 pounds of pens from my trailer.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:19 AM   #6
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestormalpha View Post
Like the title says, I decided to pick up a kindle Fire. What's out there to read? Downloaded the Eragon series to start, may pick up Harry Potter and finally read those books, instead of watching the movies (which I loved), Also like Orson Scott Cards Ender Saga. Mostly only read the core books though, Ender's Game, Speaker, Xenocide, and Children of the Mind. Also a fan of Tad Williams... (read Memory Sorrow and Thorn collection, and Otherland Saga.)

Any suggestions?

p.s. just realized I've been a member here for almost 13 years, wow. I know others have been around longer, but still, wow.
Look at Z, he's old now. Errr whats that make me? Still immature of course.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:36 AM   #7
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziroc View Post
Thanks!
Old 04-23-2015, 02:15 PM   #8
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

No prob (and yep! getting older but still look 23-24) lol.. love fooling people. they are really like 'no way you're 42!! I just laugh..

Old 04-30-2015, 02:37 AM   #9
Sparhawk
Quintesson

I'd go for Brent Weeks "Night Angel Trilogy" and the first two volumes of "Black Prism" last one is set for release later this year I think...

Patrick Rothfuss with "Name of the wind" and "Wise Man's fear"

just for starters - my book collection is still overflowing despite my new shelves so I now have 6 full floor-to-ceilling shelves filled and 24 moving boxes in the basement...*sigh*
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote