Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-07-2003, 06:17 AM   #1
Cristian
Emerald Dragon

what sort of downloading program do you use and which one is the best without so much virus and spyware? i use kazaa for the moment but it isnt so good spyware many virus files....
Old 05-07-2003, 07:47 AM   #2
Gnarf
Emerald Dragon

I use Grokster... couldn't get kazaa to work at the comp, and it's just about the same thing... dunno if it's full of spyware... used some spyware removal thingy for the first time not too long... was hella lot'a spyware on that comp [img]tongue.gif[/img] dunno what's from Grokster ('tleast it works fine without the spyware).
Old 05-07-2003, 07:48 AM   #3
andrewas
Harper

[standard text]
P2P is not illegal. Piracy over P2P is, but P2P in and of itself is not. So dont bother bothering anyone about it.
[/standard text]

I use kazaa lite. Mostly for finding patches or other files that should be available through standard channels. Sometimes stuff thats only distibuted through *evil* mediums like fileplanet - split download is possible through P2P no bother, split download through fileplanet nessecitates multiple queues. Hours add up fast like that.

Never *ever* use Kazzaa standard - its got Gator in it among others.
Old 05-07-2003, 08:49 AM   #4
Zero Alpha

Quote:
Originally posted by andrewas:
[standard text]
P2P is not illegal. Piracy over P2P is, but P2P in and of itself is not. So dont bother bothering anyone about it.
[/standard text]

I use kazaa lite.
Which is in itself - Illigal [img]smile.gif[/img] K-Lite is a hacked version of KaZaA and as such is an illegal program. not saying i dont use it tho, but surely the Spyware + Adware in the original KaZaA should be illigal as it does things to your computer you have not concented to.
Old 05-07-2003, 08:55 AM   #5
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
[standard text]
[/standard text]
I don´t use p2p programs since they are illegal. [img]tongue.gif[/img] LMAO!

*wipes tears from cheeks* Seriously I don´t use any of them since I don´t need them. The hubby uses "Direct Contact" or whatever it´s called to get game patches and updates though. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2003, 08:59 AM   #6
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

You guys should read the TOS.
Old 05-07-2003, 09:03 AM   #7
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by LordKathen:
You guys should read the TOS.
Is this what you are talking about LordK?
Quote:
DO NOT post links to 'warez sites'. Do not discuss pirating games, bragging about pirating or anything else. This will get your account suspended or banned. The only possible thing you CAN discuss is the so-called 'cracks' for no CD operation. SOME Games don't work on some peoples CD-ROM's. This is because of a special copy protection called 'Safe Disc'. But that is it. Anything else is considered pirating.
As andrewas said p2p programs are as legal as your browser is. If anyone would start to brag about the things mentioned in the ToS you can probably rest assured that several people would jump on them at once. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2003, 09:09 AM   #8
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
[standard text]
[/standard text]

I use kazaa lite. Mostly for finding patches or other files that should be available through standard channels. Sometimes stuff thats only distibuted through *evil* mediums like fileplanet - split download is possible through P2P no bother, split download through fileplanet nessecitates multiple queues. Hours add up fast like that.

Never *ever* use Kazzaa standard - its got Gator in it among others.
There;s nothing wrong with Kazaa standard - you just need to run spyware - s&d and get rid of the gator etc. after installing it.
Old 05-07-2003, 09:12 AM   #9
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Download excelerator is good enough for me, it can bypass fileplanet long waiting time too.
Old 05-07-2003, 09:12 AM   #10
andrewas
Harper

True, but Ive heard mixed reports about that. It worked for me last time I tried it, but other people swear it kills the program. I guess different versions act differently without the spyware, since I did nothing special.