Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2003, 07:27 AM   #1
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Ok, here's the problem. You know how you can use your keyboard instead of your mouse to do actions in IE, like the toolbar functions etc.? Well, I will be typeing along and all of the sudden a utility or window will open, as if I set the keyboard up like that. It does it intermintatly and as soon as I close the window, I can type normaly again.Could it be my keyboard? This has been happening for about a week now, and it is quite annoying! Any ideas?
Old 04-29-2003, 08:54 AM   #2
Bokken
Baaz Draconian

Does your keyboard have any buttons on it which give you quick access to certain applications? If so that may be the case and that it's playing up or that it's software is conflicting with something else on your PC.

Personally I have a Wireless Silitek Keyboard and when the batteries tend to go flat it does this every so often but not at any other time.

So, the only thing I can point out for you to look at (as the case is with most optical mice I've come across) software conflicts may be the problem otherwise I hope someone comes by with a more helpful answer [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-29-2003, 09:36 AM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Are there any consistencies? IOW, is there a particular keystroke combination or series of events that make it happen?

One thing to always consider is viri. You might check one of the Virus libraries to see if this behavior has been seen elsewhere. Likewise, you might do a full system scan to make sure you're clean.

If you have another keyboard, you can try swapping it out, but the things are pretty simple, with the exception of wireless models or those with lots of extra buttons built in. You might also try cleaning your keyboard; any stuff that falls between the cracks can cause intermittent grief.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 04-29-2003, 07:29 PM   #4
LordKathen

bump for more input...
Old 04-30-2003, 01:30 AM   #5
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I have the same problem, Lord Kathen, and I noticed it happen after I use my ieSpell plugins. After using it, and then typing some more text, even if the cursor is in the input text windows, it will sometimes randomly open one of the windows tab.

It's annoying, but it only do it once, so I just have to watch for it after every use of ieSpell.

Are you using ieSpell or another such browser plugins?

[ 04-30-2003, 01:31 AM: Message edited by: Luvian ]
Old 04-30-2003, 09:23 AM   #6
LordKathen

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
I have the same problem, Lord Kathen, and I noticed it happen after I use my ieSpell plugins. After using it, and then typing some more text, even if the cursor is in the input text windows, it will sometimes randomly open one of the windows tab.

It's annoying, but it only do it once, so I just have to watch for it after every use of ieSpell.

Are you using ieSpell or another such browser plugins?
Yes! I use IESpell. Thats got to be it. Thank you, at least now I know its not my computer.