Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2002, 04:23 PM   #11
jabidas
Silver Dragon

How about the only rule is: Do what you will but take whateever consequences there may be and know them. I dont mean some kind of religous moral by the way Im referring to how you and other people will feel about it later.
Old 02-01-2002, 06:05 PM   #12
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

As far as i know it says you shouldnt have sex before marriage
Old 02-01-2002, 07:20 PM   #13
Lavindathar
Harper

quote:
Originally posted by AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe:
As far as i know it says you shouldnt have sex before marriage

At last, a half-decent answer to the question I asked!!!

Thank you good sir,,
Old 02-01-2002, 07:23 PM   #14
Lioness
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:

At last, a half-decent answer to the question I asked!!!

Thank you good sir,,

I'd say contact our resident Bible expert; Fljotsdale...does anyone have her email address? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2002, 07:26 PM   #15
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

well the bible says that marriage is sacred and therefore you should save your virginity for that person. im sure it says more than that, but thats all i can remember from church camp.
Old 02-01-2002, 07:33 PM   #16
Vassili_Zaitsev
Dungeon Master

it doesnt really matter, im not gonna let a book tell me how to live my life.
D-Loc to Johnny Richter\'s like ping to pong,<br />Ain\'t nothing wrong don\'t fix shit if it ain\'t broke,<br />We ain\'t no jokes, <br />you know the kings by the size of our tokes, <br />motherfuckers!<br /><br />Blaze All Day, Every Day,<br />Each Way, The Right Way,<br />My Way, Greenhay, We High,<br />Been There, Done That,<br />Big Blunts, Fat Sacks,<br />Hit It Fast, Make It Last,<br />First Class, We Blaze...<br /><br />Well yup I\'m still drunk with the humps in the trunk,<br />You hear the Kottonmouth Kings yellin\' out BUMP! BUMP!<br />I flew through a yellow then I ran a red,<br />Grabbed a bev saw a cop then hit the clutch and breath,<br />Knew I had to slow down so I smoked a bowl,<br />Picked up D-Loc and told him start to roll,<br />Freeway was packed so I paid the toll,<br />Four joints later my bus was fishbowled,
Old 02-01-2002, 07:45 PM   #17
Ares

To be truthfull, and I hope no one thinks I'm the devil or something, but I don't believe in god, so therefore, I'm an Atheist and I try not to let any books dictate my life...Only women that are cute [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2002, 07:46 PM   #18
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Ask Flojtdale, then ask Yorick. Then duck. And duck fast.
Old 02-01-2002, 08:11 PM   #19
MagiK

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
pointless. I don't let a 2000-year old novel with poor scripting dictate my sex life either

LS is it nesecary to blatantly disrespect an item that is absolutely KEY to so many peoples faith? Lord knows I am not the most religious person but I try not to be completely blasphemous for no very good reason.

As for the sex question, now that people live to be 70+ years (vs 30-40 when the bible was written) I think it is more important than ever for both people to know each other completely as possible so as to determine their compatiblity in every area, otherwise the marriage is doomed. The Bible prohibits Adultry..but that requires marriage, I do not recall any out and out prohibition to extra-marital sex in there but there are lots of references to imoral behaviour so now you have to define MORALITY good luck!

Old 02-01-2002, 08:24 PM   #20
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

That book is more than words. Alot of people feel that those words written there were inspired by people who spoke with a higher being. If any mistakes are contained within, it is due to the retranslation from many languages and our own errors in writing.
Even the ones that do not beleive in Divinity admit that good things are taught therein. One of the things taught from taht book is that a man shall leave his mother and father and cleave unto his wife, that they may be one flesh. That one flesh part is to be united in marriage. Thus the way of speaking, Mr. and Mrs. Larry Woodruff is common to be heard.

Whether religious, not religious, or anti-religious...think about how special it would be to a woman to know that her husband had never been with another woman. She would then not have the question in her mind..."I wonder if his previous girlfriend was better in bed than I..., or other things. I am sure I got a chuckle out of you on that remark...but think on it. To know that my wife Karen has never had intimate relations with any other man makes me feel ...better when I am with her. If she had been with another before me...well, I could not love her the same way. I mean...to know that another had held her passionately before I did would feel kinda ...icky...or something. I cannot explain the feeling, but some of you will understand, and some of you will shake your head at reading this and say that I am wrong. Well fine. I am wrong, only in our opinion. to others, I have voiced their own fears. Some men and women out in the world would never marry a man that had not saved himself, and I would not knowingly marry a woman that had been touched before.
Yet, if you are not the marrying sort...meaning if you do not want to be with the same, wonderful woman for ever...then this post means little to nothing to you.
Now, are you doing wrong by running around, sampling the girls, but never committing to marriage?
Religious answer=Yes, because man and woman were meant to be together, unified as one family for God's plan. The law of the land believes this, as you have to get a blasted marriage liscense just to be legally bound to one another.
Un-religious, social answer:How many men go around screwing whatever girl, spreading disease and getting women pregnant so that they have to pay child support for the next 18 years? How many examples of this can you count? I can name 3 people close to me right now that are dealing with one or both of those afore mentioned troubles. I could name many more if given half a minute to think on it. I bet everyone in the U.S. right now reading this can name one man that you know of that has to pay child support.
Wouldn't our lives be better (just a little) without this, as well as everything else we deal with? Abortion clinics were fashined for idiots like this...that screwed before thinking.