Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2001, 11:29 AM   #1
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

I have finally got the opportunity to take the trip I have been wanting all year, to England. Going for a week on October 15.

So far, the plan is to fly into Gatwick and head down to Brighton for a day or so, and then to head west to explore the Devon/Cornwall area.

Anybody have any suggestions as to things I absolutely MUST do or see while there? Any favorite spots or the like? Any advice and/or suggestions will be appreciated
Old 09-25-2001, 11:31 AM   #2
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hi, Dio!

Well, since you are going to be in Brighton, I think that a must see is the Royal Pavillion.

*hugs*

------------------
Order of the Holy Flame
Member of Clan HADB
Laughing Hyena
Clan Illuminati

Old 09-25-2001, 11:33 AM   #3
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Reeka:
Hi, Dio!

Well, since you are going to be in Brighton, I think that a must see is the Royal Pavillion.

*hugs*

What's that?
Old 09-25-2001, 11:38 AM   #4
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

It is a palace of sorts that was built in Brighton (can't remember the king's name who built it). It is very unusual in that it is completely done like an oriental palace. You can take tours inside. It is something of an architectural oddity. I've been there, and if you are already in Brighton, it is certainaly worth seeing. Brighton isn't large. Of course it is on the coast, so a walk to the boardwalk would be in order. I liked seeing the "pebble beach" there; for me, at least, was the first beach I had ever seen that wasn't sand.

You're going to have a great time.

------------------
Order of the Holy Flame
Member of Clan HADB
Laughing Hyena
Clan Illuminati

Old 09-25-2001, 11:40 AM   #5
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Reeka:
It is a palace of sorts that was built in Brighton (can't remember the king's name who built it). It is very unusual in that it is completely done like an oriental palace. You can take tours inside. It is something of an architectural oddity. I've been there, and if you are already in Brighton, it is certainaly worth seeing. Brighton isn't large. Of course it is on the coast, so a walk to the boardwalk would be in order. I liked seeing the "pebble beach" there; for me, at least, was the first beach I had ever seen that wasn't sand.

You're going to have a great time.

Ah, yes, I believe I have seen pictures of it.
Old 09-25-2001, 11:46 AM   #6
Vampire

Must visit me!
I'm at a zoo called Cambridge Uni, in a cage called the Engineering Department.
There's a sign saying:
"don't feed the animals"

------------------
Old 09-25-2001, 11:50 AM   #7
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
Must visit me!
I'm at a zoo called Cambridge Uni, in a cage called the Engineering Department.
There's a sign saying:
"don't feed the animals"

Where is Cambridge University exactly? I could search for it on a map, but I'll just ask you instead

[This message has been edited by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown (edited 09-25-2001).]
Old 09-25-2001, 11:51 AM   #8
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Make sure you have warm clothes and an umbrella. This is ENGLAND and it will be OCTOBER, lol! Though we quite often have good weather in October, it cannot be guaranteed (the weather can NEVER be guaranteed in the UK)

The best thing you can do is to pick up leaflets about various places while you are in Brighton. I'm sure you'll have some help!

------------------

Old 09-25-2001, 11:53 AM   #9
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
Where is Cambridge University exactly? I could search for it on a map, but I'll just ask you instead

[This message has been edited by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown (edited 09-25-2001).]

**Avatar laughs uncontrollably** regains control and posture. HHHMM... I believe it's at Cambridge.

------------------
Old 09-25-2001, 11:56 AM   #10
Sorcerer Alex

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
I have finally got the opportunity to take the trip I have been wanting all year, to England. Going for a week on October 15.

So far, the plan is to fly into Gatwick and head down to Brighton for a day or so, and then to head west to explore the Devon/Cornwall area.

Anybody have any suggestions as to things I absolutely MUST do or see while there? Any favorite spots or the like? Any advice and/or suggestions will be appreciated
Hope you have a good time pal

England's nice, just a little on the expensive side

------------------