Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2004, 12:53 AM   #1
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

This is a combat game in which all characters created will start in different positions, are assigned missions by their factions, and according to the story, may end up meeting, and fighting, or becoming friends.

To make a character, you will give me your trade skills and minor skills which you will pick from a list. You can pick four major skills, and three minor skills. 2 of your major skills can be tagged.

Firearms

Energy Weapons-Lasers,Plasma.

Guns-Rifles,SMG's,Pistols.

Large Guns-Minigun,Flamethrower,Rocket Launchers.

Gun Repair-Repairing and caring for any type of firearm. Cannot be a tag skill.

Tag skills in any of these except gun repair make the accuracy and damage percentage go higher.

Close Combat

Generalization-Average damage, Average chance to hit. Criticals stun.

Tae-Kwon-Do-Sparring, can block, can also use some melee weapons, such as nun-chucks or dual forks.

Judo-can block some attacks, can paralyze, can kill with criticals. All
successful attacks stun. Medium-Low damage.

Bushido-Scores high damage, but is harder to hit with.

Ju-jitsu-Low damage, but almost impossible to miss.

Melee weapons-Can effectivly use melee weapons. Spiked knuckles are only available through this skill. Can also throw weapons with this skill. This skill takes up a major and minor slot.

Tag skills in any make the skill do more damage.

Medicine

Major wounds-can heal crippled limbs, punctured lungs, and transplants, etc. Requires Doctor's Tools. Can perform implantations and transplants. As a tag skill the character can perform a heart bypass with household matierials.

Minor wounds-can heal gashes,infections,can bandage a wound. Requires First Aid kit. As a tag skill the character uses 1/3 of a First Aid kit's charge.

Thievery

Sneak-Can be used to walk past enemies undetected, a sneak attack behind a enemy does double damage. Tag skill enables character to sneak while running.

Lockpick-Can open locked doors using lockpicks, electronic or otherwise. Requires lockpicks. With a tag skill, the character can lockpick using items reguarly found in their pack. If caught trying to lockpick a door, the authorities will be summoned.

Steal-Can unlawfully take from others. If caught, the authorities will be summoned. Selling these items to a close friend of the victim or to the victim has a 50/50 chance of them discovering that that item is theirs or a friends.
If chosen as a tag skill, the character can diguise the item so that they figure it is yours.

Misc.

Science-Your character is knowledgable and can easily solve many problems through math and science. Cannot be chosen as a tag skill.

Repair-Your character can repair objects. He cannot repair guns however. You cannot choose this as a tag skill.

Driving and Piloting-You are skilled at operating vehicles. You can pilot planes and drive cars you are experienced with. If you choose this as a tag skill, you can pilot more advanced vehicles and master the normal ones.

Depending on how you describe the character, I will rate their rolls. But i have 40 points for 7 slots. 10 is the highest a slot can go. You can either give me example or give me your numbers. I would prefer giving me numbers.

Slot 1 Strength- Can bench 200 pounds=7
Slot 2 Perception- I can read the copyrights on the eye exam poster across the hall=10
Slot 3 Endurance- I ran a 10 miles straight-7
Slot 4 Charisma-Talked my way out of a gang of beating me up-8
Slot 5 Intelligence-I mastered advanced calculus-9
Slot 6 Agility- I can balance on the top of a coke bottle.....with my finger!- 10
Slot 7 Luck-A black cat hissed at me while i walked under a ladder-2

You start out with 8 items. You can have one implant at the start, which you choose which slot it affects. You can only have 3 implants. The seven other items can be food and water,lower half-leather armor,upper half-leather armor,brass knuckles,pistol,pistol ammo,laser pistol,batteries for laser pistol,First Aid Kit,Doctor's Tools,lockpicks,Gun repair kit,a case of grenades,SMG(there is a clip in the SMG, no more!), a rusty knife, firewood,a lighter,drugs, and steroids.

The year was 2174, ever since the nuclear bombs had been disabled, the world worried about the neutron bombs, which were capable of destroying everything but life in the area. This would make everyone a target while their homes and cities were redeuced to rubble.Some were chosen by the government for the spearheading of a new future. The candidates were into bunkers so that they might their sleeping tanks might not be destroyed. The candidates were 3 to a bunker. Supplies were stored in each. The locals seem to have found the bunkers and taken most of the stuff. Some is left. The entrance is sealed,and dynamite is used to blow away the rubble. Two objects are destroyed at random:

bunker 1
No laser pistol
No brass knuckles

bunker 2
No battery for laser pistol
No drugs

bunker 3
No knife
No grenades

[ 01-27-2004, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: Dalamar Stormcrow ]
Dalamar Stormcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 07:12 PM   #2
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

I'll start out my character.

Name:Wes Barnaky
Callsign:Warning

Strength-6
Perception-7
Endurance-7
Charisma-4
Intelligence-5
Agility-8
Luck-4

Major skills: Ju-jitsu(tagged),Gun Repair,Energy Weapons(tagged),Melee Weapons
Minor skills:Guns,Minor Wounds,(Melee Weapons takes up a minor skill)

Implant: Heart Implant=+1 Endurance

I grab: Food+water,lower leather armor, upper leather armor,pistol, pistol ammo,firewood,a lighter,drugs.

[ 01-27-2004, 10:00 AM: Message edited by: Dalamar Stormcrow ]
Old 01-26-2004, 11:42 PM   #3
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

Name: Sydney Finch
Major Skills: Sneak, Driving & Piloting (Tagged), Guns, Judo (Tagged)
Minor Skills: Minor Wounds, Science, Lockpick
Strength: 4
Perception: 6
Endurance: 4
Charisma: 6
Intelligence: 8
Agility: 8
Luck: 4
Implant: Replacement of one eye with a shiny, optically enhanced one! = +1 Perception
I grab: Food + Water, Pistol, Pistol Ammo, Lockpicks, Lighter, Upper Leather Armor, Lower Leather Armor

Sproing!

[ 01-27-2004, 03:39 PM: Message edited by: Killing Spree ]
Killing Spree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 10:51 AM   #4
dplax
Jack Burton

Name: Plaxica (family name unknown)

Strength: 5
Perception: 7
Endurance: 6
Charisma: 1
Agility: 10
Intelligence: 8
Luck: 4

Major Skills: Sneak (tagged), Judo(tagged), Lockpick, Science
Minor Skills: Minor Wounds, Steal, Driving & Piloting

Implant: Heart Implant=+1 endurance

I grab: lower leather, upper leather, first aid kit, lockpick kit, steroids, rusty knife, drugs.

edit: added 7-th item

[ 01-27-2004, 10:56 AM: Message edited by: dplax ]

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 11:18 AM   #5
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

Since Killing Spree hasnt finished her char, me and Killing Spree will be stationed at bunker #1.
Also dplax, you have to specify what you took or you cant participate in combat.

The smoke clears and the rubble gone, the sun invites us into its domain. There seem to be wood boards in front of the doorway. Warning taps the wood. Mad that he has used all the dynamite, he kicks the wood planks. Nothing happens. Warning rams the door. Warning is knocked bay by a critical miss and rools all the way down. Plaxica walks up. She taps the door.(intelligence check) It is a trap door. Plaxia opens it. They open the door, and climb up to the welcoming stare of a shotgun. "YOU WERE THE ONES WHO DESTROYED HALF MY INN HUH!" Plaxica see a fairly large inn. On one side of the inn there are guts and a a large imploded crater out of the ground. Plaxica tries to talk her way out of being killed.(Charisma check)Plaxica succeeds.
Old 01-27-2004, 11:31 AM   #6
dplax
Jack Burton

OOC: edited my post. LOL at succeeding with a charisma of 1.

IC: "We aren't the ones who destroyed half of your inn." He smiles with a smile missing several teeth. His face is badly scarred.

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 04:18 PM   #7
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

Plaxica walks out, while Warning tries to explain that he is a friend of Plaxica.(Charisma check)The innkeeper makes Warning cleans up the mess.

ooc- Dplax, you will have to decide if you stay with me or not.Killing Spree is now in the game.

ic-Sydney Finch rises out of the trap door to see Warning cleaning the inverse crater the dynamite caused. The innkeeper looks at you. "Have you ever seen this man!" He points at Warning.(50/50 check)Sydney says yes. The innkeeper threatens her and makes her give away one of her possesions or spend the rest of the day with Wes.
Old 01-27-2004, 04:52 PM   #8
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

"Bah..." Sydney grumbles, tugging at one of her earrings in aggitation. Knowing she had a need for every item she had, she sighed, "I guess I'll be spending the day here then."
Killing Spree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 04:59 PM   #9
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

ooc- we are waiting for dplax to respond. Grrrrrr
Old 01-27-2004, 06:19 PM   #10
T/-/alali
Baaz Draconian

I got a pm to join so I guess I will [img]smile.gif[/img]

Nameavid Novitt

Strength-5
Perception-6
Endurance-6
Charisma-5
Intelligence-6
Agility-9
Luck-3

Implant-Titanium alloy is fitted around bones inside arms. Strength +1

Major Skills-Ju-jitsu[tagged],Guns,major wounds[tagged],sneak

Minor Skills-Lock Pick, Driving and Piloting, repair

I grab:Lighter, upper leather armor, lower leather armor, SMG, SMG ammo, Food + water, Lock picks, Doctors tools
T/-/alali is offline   Reply With Quote