Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2001, 08:10 AM   #1
MORDRICK THE MAD
The Magister

DONT GET ME WRONG BG2 IS A GREAT GAME BUT....................

Does anybody think that the paperdolls in BG2 are really poorly done in a comparison with the nice clean cut ones in BG1.
Also why the futuristic looking shields and armour instead of the traditional days of old when knights were bold stuff?.

Sorry-I have been playing this game since it was released but I've only just noticed the above mentioned things and the more I think about it the more I........RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHH!

Feel free to add any gripes in the space below
MTM

------------------

IGNORANCE IS BLISS

[This message has been edited by MORDRICK THE MAD (edited 03-03-2001).]

[This message has been edited by MORDRICK THE MAD (edited 03-03-2001).]
Old 03-03-2001, 08:54 AM   #2
Epona
Zartan

Mordrick,

Just try to think calm thoughts....
Waves lapping at the beach, sun shining down on you, seagulls flying overhead... SPLAT! No actually forget that last bit!

I don't spend much time looking at the paperdolls to be honest, but it is true that sometimes what are essentially very minor things can be annoying. With me its the "YOU MUST GATHER YOUR PARTY BEFORE VENTURING FORTH"
That bloody bugs me. Grrrr.

Calm, stay calm ....

------------------
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
Old 03-03-2001, 11:23 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by MORDRICK THE MAD:

Also why the futuristic looking shields and armour instead of the traditional days of old when knights were bold stuff?.

Mordrick, that might actually be more a WoTC influence, they're trying to move AD&D away from the medieval European historical scenario into something more "pure fantasy" which is what all this wierd looking armor etc is.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Holy Flame
Old 03-03-2001, 11:36 AM   #4
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

if its the guy saying "you must gather your party before venturing forth" then just hack the game and get rid of it.

------------------

I'm no sissy i'm a pansy!
Old 03-03-2001, 12:01 PM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce The Aussie:
if its the guy saying "you must gather your party before venturing forth" then just hack the game and get rid of it.

Do you know how to do that?

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Holy Flame
Old 03-03-2001, 03:15 PM   #6
Hesperex

I change the paper dolls useualy, I use a lot of IWD stuff in BG2. I have made a lot of weapons with IWD inventory icons. Cause IWD weapons rocked.

------------------

Old 03-03-2001, 03:47 PM   #7
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Yeah, IWD definitely has more powerful weapons....everything has a "defender" version, not to mention the amount of enchantment on some of the items. The only thing that bothers me in BG2 is the fact that I cannot by-pass the dream sequences, afterall when you have seen them more that couple of times, it gets boring.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-03-2001, 03:58 PM   #8
Patriarch
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The paper dolls look really terrible- especially a human male thief

------------------
Old 03-03-2001, 04:47 PM   #9
Dramnek_Ulk

How do you change the paper dolls?

------------------

Imperial Guard!, Death to foes of the Holy-God emperor

Old 03-03-2001, 04:54 PM   #10
Hesperex

it's not the papaer dolls on the inventory screen I change it's the what u see on your character when they are walking around or fighting or what ever. you can change these by extracting one you like from a BIFF file in IWD say, and then placeing it in your BG2 overrides directory, you then edit the item you want to asigne it to point that item in the right direction.

------------------