Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2001, 07:19 AM   #1
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

In SOA monks were very powerfull but im beginning to doubt their use in Tob. Especially since their fist can only become +4 and the AC bonus isnt that good anymore. So should i go marshial arts, blades or magic?

------------------

Those who watch their backs meet death from the front- Dreamer128 Demonslayer of the OHF.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2001, 08:25 AM   #2
Link
Jack Burton

Each class has its advantages Dreamer128. You chose whichever character suits you best, whether it is a mage, fighter or something else. And yes, the monk may have become less powerful, but that does not mean you shouldn't try the guy out! He could come in very useful, you don't know...

------------------
I am committed to restore your faith in extreme violence...

Link
Overlord Executioner, Slayer of Fluffed Beings
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Official Entertainer in Cloudy's Cafe
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2001, 08:25 AM   #3
www.cffl.com

I ould DEFINITALLY go magic

------------------

<font color=cyan>HADB Clan Rulz
Old 10-05-2001, 09:38 AM   #4
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Monks are AWESOME!

They level up quickly and hold their own quite well. My monk is 32nd level with an AC of -15. Thats 5 better than anyone else in my party, and for the creature's you need better than a +4 weapon to hit, you can find or buy weapons monks can use. This has rarely been a problem.

Bare-handed, my monk hits 4 times per round and does up to 60 points of damage. Add Greater Whirlwind and he hits 10 times per round!

Immune to poison, 80%magic resistance, the list goes on and on...

Another great thing, you don't have to worry about sharing equipment. My monk has a ring and an Ioun stone and thats it!

------------------
An elevator smells different to a dwarf.

[This message has been edited by Ronn_Bman (edited 10-05-2001).]
Ronn_Bman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2001, 11:03 AM   #5
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

testing

------------------

An elevator smells different to a dwarf.

Ronn_Bman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2001, 12:02 PM   #6
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

Dreamer, i played a monk thru, and he was such a total kick-but character by the end of bg2, are they waker in tob? i have had the game since june, but am waiting for winter to start to have the time to play, with the gauntlets and girdle he does some amazing stuff. Does that mean he is topped out, or what?

------------------
Unstinting Gaurdian of Children
Defender of Those Unable To

Official Pin-Up Girl Evaluator/Massager of the O.L.D. C.O.O.T.S. Clan
To Err is Human To Forgive Divine, However Neither is U.S. Marine Corps Policy.
J.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2001, 12:20 PM   #7
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
Monks are AWESOME!

They level up quickly and hold their own quite well. My monk is 32nd level with an AC of -15. Thats 5 better than anyone else in my party, and for the creature's you need better than a +4 weapon to hit, you can find or buy weapons monks can use. This has rarely been a problem.

Bare-handed, my monk hits 4 times per round and does up to 60 points of damage. Add Greater Whirlwind and he hits 10 times per round!

Immune to poison, 80%magic resistance, the list goes on and on...

Another great thing, you don't have to worry about sharing equipment. My monk has a ring and an Ioun stone and thats it!

Ronn, did you get the gauntlets of crushing and the girdle of giant strength in soa? or did you have crom feyr(sp) made out of them? - i tried it both ways, and my fighters had so much +swords, it did not make that much difference, what with blackrazor and the wave blade. but it sure made a difference in the amount of damage my monk did. - i had an ioun stone as well, and some boots, i think. is your ring and stone the protection one?

------------------

Old 10-05-2001, 12:23 PM   #8
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

I always think of myself as a Samurai Assassin... so I could not bear myself without a weapon

------------------

Chaotic Cavalier of ALSB, protector of the Innocent, slayer of the mad...
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2001, 12:45 PM   #9
etherus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ah Brother Dreamer,
The path of a monk is a long and hard one. We face many hardships, and at times, many defeats. But the combination of the soul and body as one is the ultimate fighting combination. With the soul defending against any magiks that would harm the body, and the body being as hard as stone and as quick as lightning, the body protects the soul from being damaged. The monk is by far the best profession to follow. The other option that would be acceptable for performance is the berserker or barbarian. They fight with the power of the God of Chaos within them, and with two gods within, there is no stopping you.

------------------
The Krazy Communist Ivan
Bronze Elven Monk ALSB
etherus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2001, 01:16 PM   #10
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by etherus:
Ah Brother Dreamer,
The path of a monk is a long and hard one. We face many hardships, and at times, many defeats. But the combination of the soul and body as one is the ultimate fighting combination. With the soul defending against any magiks that would harm the body, and the body being as hard as stone and as quick as lightning, the body protects the soul from being damaged. The monk is by far the best profession to follow. The other option that would be acceptable for performance is the berserker or barbarian. They fight with the power of the God of Chaos within them, and with two gods within, there is no stopping you.

ARE you going to school at MOO U? or live there?

------------------