Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying

Old 02-07-2004, 08:35 AM   #141
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

"As you wish." ~ She secured the knot of her cloth sack, and once more it was slung around her right shoulder as she followed Sayn on her path ahead. For a brief moment, she felt a little pang as her left fingers brushed against the flute, but she shook off the temptation as she remembered the earlier day's events ~ She couldn't stand the drum beat of that handsome male, she probably can't take my playing of the flute. ~ She sighed softly as she brisk-walked ahead, wondering how she would be able to bear the days ahead without this last connection with her teacher.

Zheng Cheng Kang.

One day we will meet again, Teacher. One day, we shall.
mistral4543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 06:07 PM   #142
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Markul

"Great!" The older female figure said, with a bit more energy than a woman of her age would have used. "I love it when you do that thing you do. It is a most fascinating ability.
Now then...since we are out of the city, I would like to catch up to these two mystery ladies. How are you at horseback riding? Or would you prefer a winged animal?"

[ 02-08-2004, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 07:06 PM   #143
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

Sive beamed at Markul and clapped her hands excitedly. "I'm good at horseback riding, but I've always wanted to fly..." she pet Lark wistfully, who nibbled her finger in return with a sympathetic "Krii".

"But what ever is easiest for you," she added with an easy-going smile.
Skydracgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 09:24 PM   #144
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

As Sayn had predicted, the halfway point was reached by sunset. The Dew Drop Inn was small and quaint on the horizon, with creepers growing up the exterior walls and a warm charm. Yet Sayn knew better than to judge a book by its cover. She knew within those pale colored walls something insidious lay waiting for her. Despite her concerns, the tiefling stayed amicable and turned to her companion with a relaxed tone. "Well, here we are..." She inhaled deeply before continuing. "I'll uh... I'll be meeting somebody inside, and I'm not sure what their condition will be, so if you would just make yourself comfortable and make our arrangements for the night..." Sayn reached for her belt and removed the pouch of gold, holding it out for Xiang. "I doubt my contact will be very sensitive, but do wait at least thirty minutes after I go in to enter yourself, just to be safe." She smiled weakly. "Can never be too careful on the road." To prevent any objections Sayn then quickly pivoted and strode to the inn, opening the door with caution and then stepping inside...

Sayn's eyes only had to graze the main room once to spot a familiar face. She grimaced slightly upon realizing who it was, then strode forward and took a seat beside him.

"I didn't think you'd be babysitting me, Alri."
The elf smiled, his handsome, if cold features showing no hint of malice as he relaxingly sipped a goblet of wine.
"Irinisayn, honestly, you wound me. Is it wrong to show concern for one I hold so dear?"
He slyly slinked an arm around her shoulder, a move which she was helpless to resist as she felt the eyes of the few innocent patrons lazily pass over her. Her eyes narrowed as she focused them back on Alri's face.
"Well, what are we to exchange?"
She squirmed slightly, and Alri, seeming to take pity on her, removed his arm and offered her a sip of wine, which she greedily accepted. His dark, emotionless voice then whispered in her ear.
"I wish nothing but words... I came ahead of you because of suspicion... Somebody has... Died..."
Sayn's eyes quickly flashed to Alri's, inhaling sharply and audibly, and she felt his hand squeeze her shoulder, urging her to calm herself.
"I know you are weary, I know you struggle... Let me help."
She took a pair of deep breaths and muttered.
"But what are we to do now? This changes many things..."
He shook his head slightly.
"Not so many as you might think. But we must make haste. You are being followed as well. A mindless threat, as I see it, but too curious nonetheless. It's but a pity I can only be in one place at a time..."
He growled quietly, then continued.
"You're going to have to dissapear, Irinisayn. Do not struggle needlessly. Take my hand."
He symbolically extended his open hand to her, looking her straight in the eyes. She paused a moment, then took it. He smiled.
"Good. Let us go to your... Companion, then, and inform her of our new arrangements. She's gotten herself tangled in our wicked web now, whether she meant it or not."

Sayn nodded, then took the arm Alri offered. They stood and exited the inn, and Sayn led the elf to her travelling companion with a heavy sigh. The elf examined Xiang critically for a moment, expecting her to do the same. His hair was smooth and black, his skin lightly tanned, and his eyes were soothing jade rimmed with intense flashes of vibrant gold. He looked to Sayn as she began to address the eastern woman. "Xiang, I'm afraid things have become somewhat... Complicated. We will have to change our plans somewhat, my... Friend here will be guiding us for at least the duration of our direct mission." The elf smiled politely and nodded in recognition. "I hope you can adapt to this... Unfortunate alteration well enough?... Ah, I am Alri, by the way."
Killing Spree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 10:12 PM   #145
mistral4543

OOC>>> I’m assuming Sayn’s still hooded, even after 120 posts [img]tongue.gif[/img] This limits my descriptions a fair bit, but I like the challenge

IC>>>
The first thing that struck Ji Xiang was the way in which Sayn’s shoulders sagged as she shuffled her feet back towards her. Her suspicions were further confirmed by the helpless sigh that her companion emitted before the inevitable introduction took place. Beneath the polished exterior of the newcomer, she sensed, was some dark secret, murkier even than that of Sayn. Her instincts told her that the future could only bear gloomier tidings. This thrilled and terrified her simultaneously, and her wandering hands strayed to the flute by instinct, caressing it in a careless manner and taking her time before she made a response.

You have no choice, anyway. ~ She exhaled through her mouth as she cast another glance at Sayn before looking back to Alri ~ “I’m pleased to meet you, Alri.” ~ She spoke in as neutral a tone as she could manage ~ “Any friend of Sayn’s is mine, and three is always better than two, whether it be for fending off foes or overcoming any obstacles to be faced later.” ~ Folding her arms across her chest, her left hand still gripping the flute, she bowed slightly.

“Do we set off immediately again, then?”
Old 02-10-2004, 12:04 AM   #146
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

With a smile, Markul began to smoke and bubble until he could no longer be distinguished as any living creature. This attempt at shifting would be his final one until he could get something to eat. And that would have to be at the next place that they stopped at, which was probably the same Inn that the two women preceding them had found on the road. What emerged from the now burning ashes of the old woman was now a Pegasus. A white, winged stallion who held his head high with pride.

He knelt down and allowed his passenger aboard. He did not have the energy left to transfigure his throat into one that would function in any other manner than a real pegasus would have, so he lost his ability at communication with Sive, unless she had other ways to talk to him. He wondered if her powers would work on him in this form.

He neighed in horse-language his thoughts.

[ 02-10-2004, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 08:48 AM   #147
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

ooc- Larry, pmed you [img]smile.gif[/img] Will wait for pm reply before posting

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Larry says: I just now answered.
Or I should say, "neigh, neigh..."

[ 02-10-2004, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Skydracgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2004, 05:34 PM   #148
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

Alri nodded with a polite smile.

"Yes, I have made arrangements for us to move ahead post haste." His gaze switched to Sayn as he released her crooked arm. "I will be but a moment, if you ladies will excuse me..."

Sayn waved off Alri and cast her eyes downward, an aura of concentration and irritation radiating off of her countenance even beneath the shadows of the omnipresent hood. She muttered quietly beneath her breath, nearly inaudibly, "I'm sorry you had to get involved with this, Xiang, but there will be no turning back now."

A moment later Alri returned, chewing on a long blade of grass. The glare Sayn shot could almost be seen burning through the elf man's ribcage. "Eating grass and prancing like a damn fool, Alri, are we to ride you to Candlekeep?" Alri took a step back with a sideways grin. "The ire, Irinisayn! Please, save your cutting tongue for the eulogy of the fool who brought us to this position." Sayn exhaled heavily, and Alri added, "I have procured transportation to the nearest docks, it will be along shortly, dearest Irinisayn." He smiled genuinely and rubbed at the tiefling's shoulder with one hand, knowing the action would exasperate her even further. His broad smile was then directed towards Xiang in the form of a smirk. "So are you yet regretting taking this one as a traveling companion?"

Alri jumped to the side before Sayn could maul him, and leaped onto the wagon which arrived with immaculately good timing. He extended a hand to either one of the women, still seeming entirely too comfortable with the situation for Irinisayn's liking, yet growing more serious in expression. "Come along, ladies, we must be moving."
Old 02-13-2004, 07:16 PM   #149
mistral4543

A faint smile tugged at her lips as she extended her left hand to his' while her right hand lifted her skirts slightly and she stepped onto the wagon ~ "Thank you." ~ Sitting herself in one corner, she glanced about silently, outwardly little perturbed but inwardly knowing what a lie that was. How could anyone be calm in such a situation, really? On the one hand, there was further activity ahead; activity, which even Sayn abhorred, which meant danger and challenges! And as if that were not enough, the ominous presence of Alri infected both Sayn and herself, it seemed. No, this journey had taken on a second degree of peril, and Ji Xiang conceded that it was beyond her to be as detached as her teacher would have been.

As the wagon rumbled on its way, she decided to take a hazard and closed her eyes, catching up with much desired rest.
Old 02-13-2004, 09:18 PM   #150
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

Seeing Xiang nod off in the arms of sleep, Alri strode across the interior of the wagon to Sayn, seating himself beside her. He shot a quick glance to the front of the vehicle, making sure that the hired driver had no intention of listening to them before leaning his face close to Sayn's ear and whispering.

"The mark on the dead was not of its lord..." Was his cryptic message, easily decipherable by Sayn. An impending fear wrapped itself around the tiefling's innards, uncertaintly pulsing through her veins. She rested her chin on the shoulder of her old friend and tiredly whispered in return, "Then surely not of the light?" Alri chuckled outwardly at this. "No, no..." He paused for a thoughtful moment, then bitterly muttered, "The twisted blade..." Sayn could hear the drums of the blood war keeping time in her mind with every clop of hoof and every beat of Alri's nearby heart. "By all the abyss, surely not..." Alri licked his lips and nodded. "Yes, yes... Seems you're in more trouble than we first thought, dear Irinisayn." Sayn exhaled audibly, then shrugged and smiled at Alri. "Then let's give the prince something to remember."