Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-15-2000, 05:58 PM   #1
Kal Zakath
Elite Waterdeep Guard

For everybody that having problems killing the dragons, read how I did.

Ok, it were 5 days ago when I had were in the Temple ruins & windspear hills, I stumbled upon 2 dragons shadow and a red dragon. I saw the huge beasties and decided to kill them! Easy I though, but noooo I took my two tanks Minsc and Kheldorn and headed for the dragons, My own character Kal Zakath "sorcress" and Nalia + Aeire backed them up with spells while Viconia just teased my little cute winged elf. When I got about 2 meters from the dragon he casted something called wing buffer and I saw how my entire group got blown away and exploded in a fire ball. Damn, I tried again and the same thing happened, after about 12 tries I decided I couldnt take it on head to head so I changed my tactics. INstead of brute force I selected my mages and placed them outside the field of view for the dragon. I tried anout every spell I had Fireball, cloudkill, ice storm etc. I've found out that Cloudkill and Icestorm worked out best so I casted about 4 cloudkills and 4 icestorms. I watched the battle window and saw the dragon taking damage. But when he got to Nearly death he helaed himself. So much for that I though since I were out of spells. I tried again in the same manor but instead of waiting until the cloudkill finnished I grabbed Minsc and scouted for the dragon. He attacked minsc with wing buffer but in the same time I casted 3 magic missiles with my mages and they struck him 5 * 3 = 15 missiles. He didnt die So I grabbed Kheldorn and used him in the same manor as I used minsc. The dragon attacked him and I got time to cast another swarm of missiles they hit and he died!!! I got a red scales from the red one and shadow scales from the other. If you got about 6 cloudkills and 6 icestorms I thinnk you should be able to kill him before moving in with magic missiles. I hope this will help you! Just wait until you stumble upon Mind Flayers they are really anoying!