Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-14-2001, 10:02 AM   #21
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Yup, we have been getting support from all over the world. We aren't alone in this one.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 09-14-2001, 10:03 AM   #22
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well we have started to send help, don´t know if it will arrive in time though since the air stop..

I have also with some other friends donated money to the Redcross US to help. So we try to do what we can Nostron.

I know times are harsh now..

------------------

Be vevvy qwiet..I´m hunting wabbits...
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 09-14-2001, 10:08 AM   #23
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
You are the richest country in the world. You expect the poor ones to bail you out when you have more than enough of your own?

Always rich vs. poor

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Bossman of Better Funny Stuff.....of the Laughing Hyenas!
Old 09-14-2001, 10:10 AM   #24
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
You are the richest country in the world.
No, actually I think that would be Japan. They own most of our country as well .

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 09-14-2001, 10:43 AM   #25
dominions
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Nostron:
Why is it that every time the US gets in some catastrohe nobody help them. The SF earthquake, the Atlanta bombing, those railroad tracks that got derailed. I mean when other country experiences some type of catastrohe were their to help. But instead of getting a "Thank You" other countries say that were interfering and that it's not any of our business.

Even with that incidents in New York... i dont' see any countries physically sending aide to us. Sure they say were here for u, but really they dont' do crap.
We are with you!
But I agree with the sentiment about people not saying thankyou. On many occasions Britian has sent aid to an area (whether it be money, food, people) and received little thanks. Sometimes our aid workers are attacked and killed.
But we help others, not to be thanked, but because it is the right and humane thing to do.

------------------
Hey! Like RPGs? See the DungeonCraft - RPG Game Maker on the Ironworks Gaming Forum
Old 09-14-2001, 10:48 AM   #26
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
Always rich vs. poor
So?

------------------

Old 09-14-2001, 02:37 PM   #27
Djinn Raffo
Ra

A fire and rescue squad from Vancouver just went to New York to hekp Nostron.
Old 09-14-2001, 02:44 PM   #28
Sorcerer Alex

Quote:
Originally posted by Nostron:
Why is it that every time the US gets in some catastrohe nobody helps them?
I think it's generally assumed that the US doesn't need help. They usually manage to solve the problems on their own anyway.

Old 09-14-2001, 02:48 PM   #29
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Sorcerer Alex:
I think it's generally assumed that the US doesn't need help. They usually manage to solve the problems on their own anyway.
It would be NICE just once in a while to get the OFFER anyway.
Typicaly Canada has been the only country to really give us any aid or assistance, they help us fight fires all the time. I think most of the remarks about no help offered are directed more at the countries who constantly and repeatedly thoughout history have had aid from the USA but who never even offer support in times of crisis.

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

Old 09-14-2001, 02:49 PM   #30
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
Here is a bit of apropriate nostalgia to this thread.

This editorial was broadcast from Toronto by Gordon Sinclair on 5 June 1973 as the United States was withdrawing from Vietnam. It later was printed in the U.S. Congressional Record. Here is a link:

http://www.rcc.ryerson.ca/schools/rt...e/am_text.html

I remember it was released on vinyl also (that's a record ). This has no bearing on the current situation, but it does express an opinion similar to the one Nostron posted.

Mark

Yes, perhaps he might have been getting that idea from that mini-rant. Too bad it happens to be full of half-truths and misinformation, like the idea that Americans are never helped by other countries. Hell, without massive aid from France in the Revolutionary War, America would never even have succeeded in becoming an independent country in the first place. We owe our very existence as a country to foreign aid.