Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2005, 09:24 PM   #1
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

Alright, who saw this film? I saw it with my wife last night, and thought it was amazing. I've always liked the original, and I've never read the book. I consider this one "dark chocolate" , although it's not "as dark" as I heard it would be.

I had such a fun time watching this movie, and I really can't wait for the next Depp/Burton movie, Corpse Bride.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:14 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Well then...maybe I will go see it. I had a chance tonight, but talked myself out of it, since I did not know if I wanted to put $7.50 into it.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:08 PM   #3
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

MUMBLER! STOP! MUMBLING! I cant hear what youre saying when you MUMBLE
Dalamar Stormcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 04:00 PM   #4
posthuman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

When I first heard about the movie I said "WOW! This is gonna be awesome! Burton and Depp are making Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!" Then I saw a trailer that made the movie seem like it was REALLY aimed towards kids and I lost all interest in seeing it. A few weeks later, a different trailer was played and I decided it might be worth seeing after all, and when my friends invited me to see it with them I went for it.

AWESOME movie. Anyone who's having doubts as to whether or not it'll be any good, rest assured, it's a lot better than you're probably expecting. Depp and Burton have done it again!
posthuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 06:34 PM   #5
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

''A lot of people are huge fans of the [1971] movie and hold it in awe. I wasn't one of them,'' Tim Burton

''(The remake) is all about money. It's just some people sitting around thinking 'How can we make some more money?' Why else would you remake Willy Wonka?'' Gene Wilder

"F*** Tim Burton." Kevin Smith
Morgeruat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 04:42 PM   #6
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgeruat:
''A lot of people are huge fans of the [1971] movie and hold it in awe. I wasn't one of them,'' Tim Burton

''(The remake) is all about money. It's just some people sitting around thinking 'How can we make some more money?' Why else would you remake Willy Wonka?'' Gene Wilder

"F*** Tim Burton." Kevin Smith
Actually, Roald Dahl expressed extreme discontent with the original movie. Tim Burton stuck exactly to the book. EXACTLY. Except for the ending. Even the songs were from the book.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:48 AM   #7
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

I had heard about Dahl's feelings about the movie (perhaps influenced by the treatment of Oompa Loompas? they were changed from being black pigmy's in the book itself some time after it was published and after the movie was released) (you just couldn't have black midgets living essentially as slaves of a candy maker at the time, heck it's not really kosher now) I don't think it will be as bad as I feared (Planet of the Apes) but it's still on my "wait for the DVD" list.

[ 07-22-2005, 12:50 AM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]
Old 07-22-2005, 01:19 AM   #8
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

Actually, the book was about outsourcing jobs to immigrants(Oompa Loompas), and depriving US-born citizens(regular workers) of a job.

PS:The Oompa Loompas look black/indian