Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 06-03-2002, 02:43 PM   #1
elf warrior
Welcomed New User

PLease help im stuck in this land of moving ice i killed everyone inside and outside and now.... I cant find the way to open this door in the northwest the only one if anyone knows how to help me im begging Please.
elf warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 02:54 PM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

There appears to be some debate as to how to get that door open. Some people have claimed that there is a key on one of the dead sahuagin that will open that door. Other's think that once you have killed all the sahuagin AND destroyed the wyrm spawn (that funny blue thing just north of the pools), that the door will open automatically. Count me in the second group. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 08:26 PM   #3
SecretMaster
Apophis

Yeah, all you gotta do is destroy the Wyrm Soulgem. I lost my cleric in that fight, and i couldn't raise because she was "immune" to raise dead, whatever the hell that meant. But i said, "The hell with her, she never helped" Quite frankly, I'm not surprised if she died to a goblin.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2002, 12:01 AM   #4
Azred
Drow Priestess

If you kill the sahuagin leader, you will find a key. You may use the key on the door before smashing the gem; that door's code is such that only the key may open it. You might want to smash the gem before continuing, though....

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2002, 04:26 PM   #5
andrewas
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by SecretMaster:
I lost my cleric in that fight, and i couldn't raise because she was "immune" to raise dead, whatever the hell that meant.
If she was elven then that would explain it. They need resurrection to bring them back, raise dead dosent work. Its one of the really annoying things about IWD, that thats enforced. Me, I just never let any elves die. Cheaper than resurrection.
Old 06-13-2002, 10:02 AM   #6
Thaziax
Elite Waterdeep Guard

big time...but i never had a problem with the door...
Thaziax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 09:02 AM   #7
NobleNick
Quintesson

I just got done with this part. There is a key on one of the Sahuagin. You also want to smash the gem just before the door, since you get expo for doing so. The door opened right up for me, but since I had the key AND had smashed the gem, don't know which one got me thru. Maybe if you do either?

What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party on!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 09:55 AM   #8
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Yes, the Sahuagin Prince has the key. He is the one you is slightly tougher and larger than the the other Shauagin in the room.

In the final battle you will meet the Shauagin King who is the most nasty Shuagin I have ever met.

[ 09-16-2003, 09:58 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote