Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2001, 04:32 PM   #1
Redblueflare
Galvatron

I would've put this in the TOB forum, but there are a lot more monsters than those in TOB. Those dang things in FF8 which had access to every status in the game were one of the most annoying enemies ever!!! The minions of destructions in Diablo 2, and Demiliches take second place! What about you guys?

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Redblueflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2001, 04:41 PM   #2
catzenpewters
Manshoon

Gotta be the amazoni mantraps/jungle lilies in Wizards and Warriors. Those things are SCARY when you first meet them, and unbelievably annoying even when you're really tough yourself!
catzenpewters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2001, 05:04 PM   #3
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

id hafta say those lil scissor zombie guys from the North Crater in ff7. they can kill your ppl in one hit no matter how many hps they have! of course, the Tonberries take second, because it takes soo long to kill them, and they can kill your ppl in 1 hit too! and the Illithids take 3rd place, seeing as how their psionic blast and domination spells are some of the most annoying pieces of crap to ever graze my computer screen!

------------------
With each kill, I grow wiser, and with added wisdom, I grow stronger. Does anybody have any idea what this means?
SSJ4Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2001, 06:11 PM   #4
Sharpedge
Zhentarim Guard

Yeah, I really can't stand Illithids. They seem to be able to zero out the person with the lowest intelligence and start crowding round for instant brain-chow. Green slimes are a pet hate too. One failed save and your character turns green and splatters all over the place, plus they are worth virtually no exp.

Finally, Hojo from FFVII, beacuse when I first fought him I had sped thru the game and missed all the ribbons. That attack he does where he combos your party members and puts them to sleep with the last blow had me really grinding my teeth. Add that to the fact nobody could have cast spells even if they were awake as he had silenced them all.

I was very angry.

Then I got some ribbons and had my horrible revenge
Sharpedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2001, 10:00 PM   #5
trux

The Tarrasque from D&D. If any party, no matter how powerful, came face to face with a Tarrasque, there would be NO chance they live to tell about it. Truly a dreaded beast.

I don't really hate it, though. Just never want a PnP character to run into one.

I hate gibberlings in BGII. It's like, enough already, my party is sick of stepping over these little bastards.

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux
trux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2001, 10:12 PM   #6
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Amazoni Mantraps and Jungle Lilies are the major PITAs at W&W
and Illithids too

------------------
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2001, 11:15 PM   #7
Moni

Amazoni Mantraps and Jungle Lillies from W&W for sure...second only to the demon in my childhood nightmare.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!
Old 08-21-2001, 02:23 AM   #8
G'kar

"Ultimate weapon" ala ff7. I could not do it. My girlfriend did though just last month, I watched. Of course she was lvl 95-99 with everything you could possibly get in the game with-out entering the last dungeon. She did all that while working on her masters degree and finished with a 3.8 gpa. Wow!
Old 08-21-2001, 06:03 PM   #9
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by catzenpewters:
Gotta be the amazoni mantraps/jungle lilies in Wizards and Warriors. Those things are SCARY when you first meet them, and unbelievably annoying even when you're really tough yourself!
Yep, that would be it.
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2001, 06:14 PM   #10
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Don´t remeber their names, but thoose hovering brains from Terror of the Deep is really anoying, just moves out of nowhere and sucks your tropås brains out.. You see one and don´t kill it, you loose a man...

Also Gurgel Mångben is a real dreaded big Spider from my time as a kid that gave me nightmares when I was about four!

------------------

Yawning lazywolf dreaming about nice little fairies...zzzzz
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote