Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2003, 06:19 PM   #1
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

Locked Away

Chapter Two:
Escape From Providence

[*] Pathris is within the town of Pnay, checking out the streets & the local inn.
[*] Turgon, Skye, and a polymorphed Ryukari are walking together towards the town and the brightest lights. (The Inn)
[*] Lurin has sulked behind, not really keen on going to town.

Now for the small print stuff I require myself to type:
Locked Away has room for obsessive dedicated players with no life a passion for role-playing. ( ) PM me if interested.

Party Analysis:
[*] Skye, half-elven bard, charismatic leader, supreme charmer of baby dragons, and dominator of elven men.
[*] Lurin, elven ranger, strong enough to snap Pathris in two, but doesn't because... Well we still don't know why.
[*] Pathris, elven rogue, official tongue-lasher, lord of drama, and undisputed agitator of just about everybody/thing. (Oh wait, that last one is his player! [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
[*] Turgon, elven sorcerer, slinger of shiny magic and such a nice guy you've got to wonder how he got mixed up with these freaks.

[ 02-22-2003, 06:21 PM: Message edited by: Killing Spree ]
Killing Spree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 04:47 AM   #2
Lord Starshadow
Quintesson

ooc: Woo hoo! First post!

Quite the synopsis there, Spree! It's just too bad that our leader doesn't actually lead at all and you forgot that Pathris would use his nice intelligence score to do a Jedi mind trick on Lurin to keep him away. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Pathris moved up to the lighted building and peered in the window. It looked pretty boring inside for the most part, just a bunch of commoners drinking after work. But he looked closer and saw a couple of interesting sights. The first was a large man at the bar drinking people under the table. While it would most certainly be a normal sight in most places, in the perfection that seemed to be this town, it was very out-of-place. That was not really Pathris' thing, however, but it was worth noting.

Secondly, after a quick search with his eyes, the Elf noticed a boy hanging over the bannister, watching the action below. It seemed like he was waiting for something. What that could be, Pathris had no idea. Still, it was intriguing.

Lastly, and most interesting of all to the Elf, there was a woman sitting at the fireplace. She appeared bored, maybe as much as Pathris himself was. And she wore a hood, of all things! This could be interesting, as suggested by the complex equation of: female + bored + odd clothing = Pathris' first choice.

He looked at the wooden sign that stood next to the door. The picture of a bed and a wine bottle indicated that this was the inn. Pathris noted that there was no words on the sign; perhaps another mystery? Probably not, of course, but it was fun to pretend there was mystery in the mundane. "But of course, it has to be the inn. That means I can expect the rest of the stragglers to interrupt any work I might be doing," he thought as he sighed.

The Elf walked in the inn, turning a quick eye to the lad on the bannister. He kept going however, and took a spot near the fireplace and warmed his hands a little. He did not let the cloak open, but kept it closed tightly around himself, but he did lower the hood to reveal his face. He looked at the woman near him out of the corner of his eye, studying her as best as he could without being conspicuous. "Isn't there any excitement in this place?" he mumurmed softly, hoping that something would happen.

edit: Got rid of my one line sig. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-23-2003, 04:48 AM: Message edited by: Lord Starshadow ]
Lord Starshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2003, 10:27 AM   #3
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

(ooc: LOL! Very good post, Starshadow!
But I think Skye still stands as the party's most leader-ish character, since she remains the most protective and the most female. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] )

Pathris

You find a comfortable seat in an overstuffed burgundy chair facing the window you'd peered into before. This chair just barely touches arms with the sofa the woman is on. This is a perfect angle to watch from the corner of your eye. However, the target is coiled in an almost fetal position, making examination slightly challenging.
(Search roll = 11 + skill modifier) What you can gather is guesswork. Her attire suggests a roguish character: a black hooded tunic, slacks too loose to be considered even remotely ladylike, boots so worn there was no evidence of a clicking heel left, and scraps and straps of leather here and there. She seemed too small and thin to be human, and the pale, delicate hand that dangled over the edge of the couch confirmed that she was probably of elvish origin. The last thing you notice in your scan is a metallic buckle on the woman's thigh, which she is using to watch you.
As you lower your hood, she inhales rather audibly, and your whisper initiated an equally loud exhale. With a soft "mmfh", she pulled herself up into a sitting position, gripping the arm of the sofa tentatively. Without lowering her hood she muttered a reply. "I heard the mayor's wife almost choked on a grape last week." The mottled fire light allowed you to see the curve of a smile on the face beneath the hood.
Old 02-24-2003, 08:30 PM   #4
Lord Starshadow
Quintesson

Pathris turned his head slightly to get a better look at the woman. "A near-choking? Even the news in this place is impressive," he said softly, mostly to himself. He sighed and leaned back in his chair, keeping a close eye on the woman from the corners of his eyes. "But I fear I'll go crazy if that's all there is," he muttered in Elven. "Then I'll be forced to busy myself, and that wouldn't be good." He chuckled and smiled at the thought.

The Elf reached into his cloak and pulled a dagger from his belt, hand on the blade to show he meant no harm. He wiped the blade clean on his shirt so that it shined, then very inconspicuously used the flat of the blade to spy on the boy that was hanging from the bannister. He looked to still be there waiting, so he turned the blade so he could see the entrance to the inn. No sign of his companions yet either. With a sigh of relief, Pathris put the dagger back.

He looked at the woman again and smiled warmly. "So, what's a lovely girl like you doing in an... interesting... place such as this?" His eyes kept a close watch on her however, looking for any movement that would indicate an attack. It never hurt to be cautious, and he knew the greatest dangers could come in the least expected guises.
Old 02-24-2003, 10:56 PM   #5
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

Pathris

The girl chuckled slightly at this remark, gazing at you from beneath the shadows of her garb. Apparently taking a liking to your smile, she lowered her hood, revealing her fair elven countenance. She ran a long fingered hand over her layered, shoulder length black hair, keeping two vivid amethyst eyes focused on you. She had an odd mixture of traits, to be sure. The complexion of a high elf, the eyes of one of the silver subraces, and a natural leaness to her that was rarely seen outside of sylvans.
She then addressed you question. "Oh, well, obviously I'm here for the exotic atmosphere, unique shopping opportunities, and wild parties." She rested her chin on one of her hands and grumbled, "I think must have missed a turn. I was supposed to go to hell after Amon Falas." She winked at you with a thin grin, then averted her gaze to her boots meekly.
Old 02-25-2003, 04:04 PM   #6
Lord Starshadow
Quintesson

ooc: It's starting to look like Chapter II should be entitled "Pathris Goes On Alone". [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Pathris watched with curiousity as the woman pulled back her own hood, revealing an Elven face. However, he could not be certain of her subrace because she had quite the mixture of traits. "Perhaps she too is of mixed origin?" Pathris thought to himself, intrigued by the possibility. It was rare indeed to find Elves like himself.

As she ran her fingers over her black hair (which Pathris found stunning), he became conscious of his own strange hair. He often forgot that it was so different from other Elves, but he was now painfully sure that the fully silver stands at the front were gleaming in the light. He nervously ran a hand through his hair, the short, silver-tipped, dark brown strands now even more mussed than before.

And as he did that, he became painfully aware of his tanned skin, which was typical of one of the Sylvan subraces. His bright green eyes did not match it, the color being suited to the High Elf subrace. But when he turned them to hers, he saw that she had the amethyst eyes of the Silver Elves. The woman's eyes were strikingly beautiful, and Pathris began to smile unconsciously.

"The shopping definitely looks to be unique here. I bet I could get my discount without much of a fuss here," he said softly with a laugh. With a quick mind (and hands) one could always cut a merchant's price down to free, after all. "And the parties, I could believe. If the guy back there is any indication," Pathris indicated the burly at the bar, "this place is party central."

He leaned back in his chair and sighed. "So this is hell, huh?" he muttered. Then he added his traveling companions to the mix. "Yes, this is it, all right."

"So, what's your name?" Pathris asked, putting aside is curiousity about Amon Falas for the moment. "I'm Pathris. It seems we might have a bit more in common than I first thought."
Old 02-25-2003, 05:48 PM   #7
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

(ooc: Aww, that's OK for now. [img]tongue.gif[/img] So long as it's not "Spree goes on alone" I'm a happy camper.
Ah, and I'll be typing for this NPC in a normal character format for now, since it seems you want to talk to her for longer than a post or two, and it's more fun for me. )

Moralae

One of the rogue's slender black eyebrows arched high, an intense glance cast at the face of her conversational companion. The corners of her mouth threatened to twitch downward into a frown, but she managed to to keep this instinct hidden with a contemplative half-smirk. It was a question often considered: "Is this one trustworthy?"

She glanced into her assailant's eyes, searching their depths for signs of guile or malice. (Sense motive) Only in this vain search did she recognize: "Oh my, those are awfully green. Green... Like leaves and petals, moss and grass, rotting flesh and certain insects, green dragons, green warders, green frogs, the little green furs on cooshee dogs..."

After staring into your eyes for a few moments, she abruptly shakes her head and squints her own eyes closed, biting her lower lip in an embarassed fashion. She looks at you again after a moment, starting on a rather cute explanitory rambling. "Sorry, I uh... Have this thing for the color green. It uhm... Brings back uh... Memories. Yes. Lots of rather pleasant memories. And well, obviously it's incredibly nice to have something to pre-occupy yourself with here, and your eyes are well... REALLY green. But ehm... You probably already knew that..."

With a yielding sigh she then chuckles, "Well! Now that you know all about my weird fetishes, I guess you get my name, huh?" Casting aside any earlier doubt, she extended one of her delicate looking hands to shake. "I'm Moralae."

Moralae, now that might rival Pnay for most interesting name. You recognize the elvish name as meaning "dark harmony."

(ooc: And before you ask- NO I did not tailor this NPC for Pathris. I rolled her up as part of my major NPC project last November, and she was lucky enough to inherit my obsession with green and especially green eyes. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I had to have SOMETHING exciting in this stupid town...)

[ 02-25-2003, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: Killing Spree ]
Old 02-26-2003, 05:21 AM   #8
Lord Starshadow
Quintesson

ooc: And just because you already answered the question doesn't mean that I can't ask it anyway: Did you tailor Moralae specifically for Pathris? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

LOL, of all the players you had to be left with, you got me. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

And amazingly enough, green is one of my least favorite colors. However, a pair of green eyes would be enough to make anyone go gaga. Including me. That's why I chose green for Pathris; I figured he might as well have the eyes that I could never have. Darn my own puppy-dog brown eyes.

Pathris smiled wider as the woman began rambling on about his eyes. He had never been complimented on them before. He had always figured that they were quite mundane. Now eyes the color of amethyst, that was something extraordinary, at least to himself.

The Elf reached out a hand of his own to shake the woman's hand. So soft and delicate, it was. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Moralae," Pathris replied, bowing slightly in his chair. Yes, he had manners, even if the others did not know it. "That's a wonderful name. It means "dark harmony," does it not? Much more interesting than my own name, which means... well, that my parents couldn't think of anything better." He smiled sheepishly at his terrible joke. Yes, he could ramble just as nervously as she. "I am glad, at least, that you can recall pleasant memories while looking at me. If your life is in any way similar to mine, pleasant memories are few and far between."

He immediately wanted that statement back. Yes, he could foolishly reveal more than he wanted to at the most inopportune times. He did his best to not show it, however, giving his best smile to Moralae. "Pathris, why do you have to be such a fool? You talk to one pretty lady... with the most wonderful eyes... and such soft, supple hands... and you start spilling your life story! Pull yourself together!"

ooc: Did you think I was going to let the opportunity for Pathris to make a fool out of himself flirting pass by? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Oh, and a kind of off-topic question: What is the name of your Deity (please be a Goddess, please be a Goddess ) of the Stars?
Old 02-26-2003, 04:35 PM   #9
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Starshadow:
However, a pair of green eyes would be enough to make anyone go gaga. Including me.
(ooc: [img]tongue.gif[/img] Well then I'm keeping my Deiter FAR from you!! ROFLMAO!!
Awwww... *Hugs Starshadow* Brown eyes are nice too. At least you don't get the "Whoa, your eyes are like, evil." comments like I do. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
My custom made goddess ( [img]tongue.gif[/img] Score!) of stars, dreams, and a few other nightly things is Awiax.)

Moralae

Moralae clasped your hand slightly harder than you expected for such a frail looking creature, pulling her hand away after the ritualistic gesture to slide a lock of hair behind her tapered ear. She then watched and listened intently, nodding at your translation and snickering a little at your joke.

After your final note, however, her expression turned somewhat concerned. A thoughtful look filled her gem-like eyes as they grazed your countenance for information on emotions you didn't wish to reveal. "Well, there's no need to pry. I don't even know the guy. Better to just forget it was even said, I think. Those kinds of memories aren't the things you share with strangers, I know that well enough."

"Well, honestly my life hasn't been a real walk in the flowers either...
She said in a sad whisper, but a reassuring smile crept across her face after she looked up at you again. "But that's no excuse to dwell on it, eh? The past is behind, it's not going anywhere, and there are more pleasant ways to pass the time than reminiscing about less than spectacular days. Right?"

She pauses for a moment, eyes shifting slowly around. "I'd better not slip up like that again. Keep control! 'Untrustworthy until proven otherwise.' That advice is what's kept me alive all these years. Bad things have happened while people kept me safe, now the arrow's going to hit its mark. I can never take that for granted. I've got to be careful, if just for a while, hard as it is. He needs to be... Tested..."

She looked to you again, that clever expression flooding back to her face in an instant. "Hey Pathris, you wanna uhmmmm... Do something?" Her eyes trailed to the door out of the inn, then back to you with a mischievous glimmer. She then tempted, "It'll be fun..."
Old 02-26-2003, 06:20 PM   #10
Lord Starshadow
Quintesson

ooc: Sounds good. That information may be useful to me in the future. Awaix is not a bad name at all.

And brown eyes are boring when it's pretty much all you ever see. I don't think anyone on either side of my family has anything other than brown eyes. But what else would you expect out of a Mexicano? At least people notice your eyes. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Pathris watched Moralae carefully after he finished kicking himself for his foolish comment. She did look concerned, and for a moment, he thought she would ask about it. Instead, she just made a comment on her own life struggles. "Indeed, more alike than I thought."

Then she smiled. "I agree. No need to dwell or remember. But perhaps you have a better idea?" he asked with a smirk.

And it appeared that she did. She quickly looked up with her clever expression and proposed "something fun." Now that was the kind of statement Pathris had been waiting for. "Would this fun happen to be good, clean, and above all, legal?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. He most certainly hoped not.

It looked like things were going to get a lot more interesting in this boring little town.