Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 12-20-2003, 05:59 PM   #1
Malavon's Rage
Elminster

Is there an editor (like Shadowkeeper) for NWN?
Old 12-20-2003, 06:19 PM   #2
apollo
Dungeon Master

i don't think so but i found a mod for char editing

SoU: http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules...08295888.shtml
NWN: http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules...81153405.shtml
HOTU: http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules...42438511.shtml

I havn't tested the normal NWN and HOTU but i've tested SoU. They let you get gold, level up and there are some rare item merchants in them and a monster arena. I think the HOTU one requires SoU.

Apollo

Old 12-20-2003, 06:21 PM   #3
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

There is one, It's called LETO. You can get it on NWvault. DLed the program but I'd avoid their forums, a certain moderator there is an ass from what I've seen.
Old 12-20-2003, 11:16 PM   #4
MagiK

It is so easy to create your own one room mod and to create items and have a NPC change stats, Exp and gold any way you like it for many people to bother with a character editor. I have a mod I got from someone and rewrote to do some additional things, you can get gold, exp, and a bunch of cool stuff I made myself in the tool set...but mostof it is level 20 items.

If you want it to check out and play with in the tool set, let me know and I can email it to ya. Its small less than 1meg I think...maybe less than 500k.
Old 12-20-2003, 11:53 PM   #5
The Kiwi
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
There is one, It's called LETO. You can get it on NWvault.
When I checked there, all I found was "Halls of Advanced Training" in several varieties by several authors. I never have found any "LETO" in several tries.

The "SoU Edition" of Halls might be fine for The OC and for SoU, but the only place you can use it for HotU is in between creating a new level 1 character and starting a game. HotU levels your lead person to 15 right away if he/she is less than level 12; it doesn't work with characters as high level as 12. The various Halls programmers might add code to allow for higher levels at a later date.

It's been written in a forum thread for the expansion that Leto's author had planned an upgrade. Maybe it's out by now and I just need a link to it! Anyway, because you have so many module creation tools already, separate editors seem hardly needed. An awful lot of what you might do with an editor is readily accessible via console commands in DebugMode.

[ 12-23-2003, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: The Kiwi ]

The Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 09:18 AM   #6
MagiK

The only thing I can't find in the console is how to change my alignment [img]smile.gif[/img] accidently slipped to true neutral before I realized exatly how that works.
Old 12-22-2003, 11:48 AM   #7
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Isn't the number of hitpoints of LETO chars reduced to 1, or was that an earlier edition?
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 02:15 PM   #8
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by The Kiwi:
quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
There is one, It's called LETO. You can get it on NWvault.
Leto might be fine for The OC and for SoU, but the only place you can use it for HotU is in between creating a new level 1 character and starting a game. HotU levels your lead person to 15 right away if he/she is less than level 12; Leto doesn't work with characters as high level as 12. The Leto programmer might add code to allow for higher levels at a later date; it's been written on a forum for the game that Leto's author had planned an upgrade. Maybe it's out by now!

Because you have so many module creation tools already, separate editors seem hardly needed. An awful lot of what you might do with an editor is readily accessible via console commands in DebugMode.

[/QUOTE]The updated versions' been out awhile. Leto has always worked with characters as high as level 12 (..?). It does not mess up your HP, no.

[ 12-22-2003, 02:17 PM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 12-23-2003, 04:56 AM   #9
vesselle
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

The only thing I can't find in the console is how to change my alignment [img]smile.gif[/img] accidently slipped to true neutral before I realized exatly how that works.
afaik, the only way to adjust your alignment is by your actions. i haven't run across an editor or anything that will let you do that. [img]smile.gif[/img] i've adjusted mine pretty quickly (5 levels). from Chaotic (0), Evil (3) to Chaotic (32), Good (84). i blame it all on deekin.

V***V
Old 12-23-2003, 08:21 AM   #10
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by vesselle:
quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

afaik, the only way to adjust your alignment is by your actions. i haven't run across an editor or anything that will let you do that. [img]smile.gif[/img] i've adjusted mine pretty quickly (5 levels). from Chaotic (0), Evil (3) to Chaotic (32), Good (84). i blame it all on deekin.

V***V
[/QUOTE]

Yeah In HotU it isn't too hard, but I defy you to find any way to get much of a shift in SoU I had some Nifty Custom Made armour that required Good Aligned Half Elf Arcane Archer...and I couldn't use any of it till I got well into HotU [img]smile.gif[/img]