Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 08:34 AM   #211
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Saithele

As the human stalked away angered about something trivial, Saithele watched when he had stalked far enough away from the group the bladesinger slipped around the edge of the group and followed, hurrying to catch up to him before he made it to his bedroll. He broke the near silence of his movement with a single word spoken in the common trade language of the surface world, "Wait.

" I do not know your strength, but your anger will only weaken you against whatever trials we must face in the near future, If you will not open yourself to the group for help against this silent enemy, open yourself to me, it is apparent that you need to speak to someone, and I will not judge you, or your worthiness in this quest by what you say to me.
" The words and the feeling behind them were much more understanding and soft than the elf had expressed before, conveying that he had himself battled through great anger and come out victorious, but that he also knew firsthand the dangers containing it could cause. "I have extended my Olive branch, Brendon wasn't it, take it if you will, but disguard it at the peril of not only your life, but that of your companions and your own soul."

[ 09-30-2003, 08:35 AM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]
Old 09-30-2003, 02:20 PM   #212
TAOWolf
White Dragon

"Elen sila lumenn omentilmo...."

She whispers in elven upon the last striking of her staff upon the ground, and stands waiting.... listening to the howls coming closer.....
Old 09-30-2003, 04:54 PM   #213
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Brendon

Brendon stopped for a moment and marvelled at the concern of the newcomer to the cause of the group, but then decided it was merely an elven trait to do so, so he shrugged it off. Still, he now felt obliged to give the elf an answer of some sort, for this one as well as a couple others had miraculously appeared and aided in the battle that ended the invasion of the Grimlocks and the strange hounds of darkness.

"Yes, Brendon Grey is my name. Well met, and apologies to my frustrations. I am a man consumed with the burning desire to work and assist others, for my own life is not of much worth as I figure it unless it is in the service of another. I do not come from any noble family and my name means nothing to nobody. I have chosen a path that leads me ever on to new explorations, and that is my fate and my freedom.
Working as a team member is of a different matter. As a team member, one must abide by the popular vote. Well...I do not see profit in chasing after a giant that has done nothing to us but we have proof that a witch of some sort has just slaughtered many of these gnomes, and almost us! We owe our lives in part to your aid and those that you entered into our lives with, yet I entreat you to listen and give heed that I say that we must avenge our gnomish friends by striking back at Euryale now while she is yet weak and unable to muster the forces to do like damage to others that inhabit the underdark.
We were on a separate mission, one that leads our paths to the surface, to the East of these Caves...but for now I have a personal agenda against this Grimlock leader that has hit us in a very real way.
But I am not the leader. What is to be done, thus? What say you, my Elven friend?"
Old 09-30-2003, 06:17 PM   #214
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Saithele

The bladesinger thought for a moment before responding, "If that is truly how you feel then your road will surely be lonely, short one. I was of the nobles among my people, but... situations have caused a rift between myself and my people, it has hurt me bitterly but I learned of my own worth as a seperate entity, it may be hard to think that your life has worth and meaning, but foolish risks may make you popular, but the moth that rushes for the flame is popular for the same reason.

"As for your name meaning nothing to none of the others, I saw the way you looked at the female elf, Anarrima, surely her name means something to you, do not mistake her joy at seeing others of her blood or long lost friends for a lack of affection, it may never be more than friendship, but for elves even close friendships with humans are painful, she will look the same, and her maturity will to likely change, while you live, She would see you grow aged, and watch your back stoop under the weight of years while she would remain young and hale, close bonds are only painful reminders to our kind, it's better to make a friend or ally and leave them while they are yet young, so that their memory will never age. I'm sure you're see this as the advice of an elitest ass and disregard it, but don't think that if she does feel something that knowledge of what the weight of years will do to you doesn't weigh on her mind.

"On the giants, if you knew of a massing army in a nearby kingdom known for conquering local lands would you take the time to harass a small gathering of orcs, or worry about the army, my understanding is that we're discovering what the "orcs" know about the massing army so that the preemptive strike may work for us, surely you have felt the weave of magic in this place weaken, the lines of magic are being redrawn by something, perhaps the giants know what the cause is, perhaps not, but the giants have a malevolent goal, their treatment of the drow surely testifies of that, yes they freed Anarrima, but their purpose for doing so was not out of a desire to help the slaves, no they had some other reason.
(ooc I'm assuming I've heard enough of the conversations to know about the giants attacking the drow)

"This Dantes, I'm not sure of his wisdom or ability to lead, but he is the leader, and in these tunnels death lies around every corner, and fit or not, his orders must be followed if we wish to see the sun." The bladesinger watched closely for any sign that his words had had an impact on the human, rage turned inward was an unconquerable enemy, Saithele's master Yoshi had said, a lesson most students had to learn for themselves, if you didn't have allies to aid in dealing with that rage it could grow and fester more quickly, it was almost as bad as if you didn't think your voice mattered.

OOC: Whew, now my fingers are tired.

[ 09-30-2003, 06:18 PM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]
Old 10-01-2003, 03:50 AM   #215
Lord Starshadow
Quintesson

Syrathic HP:74/74

Syrathic looked at the Ranger curiously. "There is not much to say about myself. I've traveled and adventured for most of my life. It is only by chance that I met with this group," he replied, not willing to divulge any more information about himself. "As for the quest, the others more know about it than I. What I know is that we are looking to purge the forums of some mysterious, malevolent force. If you want the history, you'll have to ask Dantes, I think. I do not know much about it, I'm afraid."

The Elf met Wyrd's gaze with confidence. He had nothing to fear; the lion's help in the battle was proof of that. He returned the respectful gesture wordlessly, a soft smile appearing on his lips.

He was surprised to see the suspicious-looking Human recognize Anarrima. The Human seemed rather aloof, and the Elf wondered what the man was really thinking. And while Syrathic did a fair job of hiding his distrust of Kethotar, he did a much worse job of it when it concerned this Human and the masked Elf.

The Elf was taken aback by Brendon's outburst. While he knew his friend was emotional (perhaps overly so at time), Syrathic did not understand this. Perhaps the mental strain of the battle and of this dark place was taking its toll.

He sighed softly, suddenly feeling very tired. "I think I will rest as well. These past few days have taken a lot of me. And I think a little time to think about our next move would be good, instead of rushing into a bad decision." He nodded those around him, then turned to find a place to rest for a while.
Old 10-01-2003, 08:52 AM   #216
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

Question Mark

ruby had felt brendons irritation. if he were a dog or the house cat that wyrd plays at being, she would have comforted him. but humans! the years since having major contact with them have left her truly confused with the species. she is however fairly certain that petting him and snuggling him would not have helped, as it does herself and wyrd.

wyrd let's her know that the masked elf and brendon are talking. it seems the elf is trying to calm him, other than that wyrd is truly not interested in the conversation. ruby looks at her feet. 'oh wyrd....i'm not sure that elf would do any better helping brendon than myself! i at least once lived among humans. he does not. appear to have lived among anyone for quite sometime. probably longer than i've been alive.'

hoping for a moment that she may be able to approach brendon herself, alone, she turns to comfort the startled grimlock. patting his head with a comforting hand.

'wyrd, let me know when they are done, and where brendon goes afterward.'
Old 10-01-2003, 03:31 PM   #217
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Brendon

Brendon flushed in the face at all the elf said. "Yes, it is just like your kind to come up with an answer to everything, as though these words would make everything well. Go your way, and let me go mine. I shall not speak of this again." With that, Brendon turned heel and marched off at a quickened pace, into the dark shadows beyond.

Gnób. He felt the soothing hand of the female that had been in his head pat him gently. This calmed Gnób down considerably. He decided it might be okay to sit down and rest his legs. He was so tired and hungry. Hoping that she could understand him, or maybe the one that spoke his language would care...he spoke aloud, "Gnób rui'io e hruan ta, Guuirm?"

OOC>>>I have already given his thoughts in the piece I wrote. The translation of this is, "May I rest and eat, Masters?"...referring to Ruby and Dankarona, whichever is listening.

OOC>>>Waiting on The Posessor to respond before Ana says anything else, unless she is interupted by something.
Old 10-01-2003, 04:44 PM   #218
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Saithele

As Brendon stalked off in a huff he heard the sound of metal clearing a scabbard, (assuming he looks back) The bladesinger had drawn a sword, and was holding it lightly in his hands looking at the craftsmanship. Without looking up he said in a quiet voice "I spent three of your decades forging this sword, the work was not a constant thing, but something I could turn to, the more angry and frustrated with things I was the more the beauty in the steel vanished, I was able to temper my feelings, and learn to control them, as I learned to control the metal under my hands, if you will not look to the wisdom of my words, then look to the application of that wisdom in the blade, I know the bow is your weapon of choice, but take this sword as a reminder of what I have said."

The sword is of exquisite craftsmanship(crafts-elf-ship?) and the blade looks similar to a leaf, with intricate veins, which upon closer inspection are actually etched runes, almost too minute to read (they also serve as blood grooves, letting the blood flow off of the sword). The blade itself appears to be fine steel with gold, crushed emerald, and silver inlays, adding to the organic feel of the sword. The elborate basket hilt is made of platinum and trace amounts of mithril with a dusting of emerald, forged into an appearance of leaves. The grip itself is made of dried leather dyed a deep chestnut brown, with griffons in all manner of poses stamped into the leather, the weight and balance of the blade is more perfect than probably any weapon that hasn't been enchanted (and many that have), and it truly looks like the result of a master craftsmans life devoted to creating a single near perfect weapon. (it's a nonmagical sword with a value easily in the range of 250 gp, and that's if you were just dumping it in a pawnshop for quick cash)

The look in the swordsmans eyes was all the warning he gave of what would happen if the gift were disrespected.

[ 10-01-2003, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]
Old 10-01-2003, 04:53 PM   #219
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Brendon

He stopped, and heard the words mysteriously carried to his ears despite their distance. He turned and made back for the elf, awing at the blade presented him. He looked back to the elf's eyes. "I have nothing in return to offer. Do you present a gift to one as I, seeing I am not worthy of the time you waste on me?" He took the blade and felt it's value in his hands. He placed it in his belt and bowed low in thanks and in honor of the gift given.

"This blade shall serve for the removal of evil from these caverns and throughout Ziroc's Realm of Ironworks, Lord Elf. Now I ask leave of you. May I now depart in peace?"
Old 10-01-2003, 05:06 PM   #220
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Saithele

"My time is my own to spend, for the moment at least. You have worth, if not then your blood would be staining the floor of this cavern instead of flowing through you. Go in peace, and think on the words I have spoken, think of them as advice from one who has walked the road of hatred and bitterness, and learned the anguish that comes from that road, if you do not walk as far down the road as I once did then I shall be well pleased." The bladesingers smile was truly genuine, and he hoped that his gift would be a start for the human, and help him overcome his own demons. He stepped back into the shadows wondering why he had shown such kindness. It was certainly unusual for him, but he remembered his previous thoughts. If the archer could be turned from his path of self loathing and jealousy before he brought doom upon himself and the others the rabid dog could become a hound out of the greatest of legends, perhaps his act of charity would aid him in reconciling his feelings towards the other elves in the party, and his people when he returned in 350 years.

{edit closing html tags}

[ 10-01-2003, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]
Closed Thread