Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2003, 04:31 AM   #81
Lord Starshadow
Quintesson

ooc: Hell, I think I'm going to be stunned for at least one round after that. Simply amazing.

Pathris blinked in surprise as he noticed the Elf girl blushing. "I wasn't expecting that out of her," he thought to himself. "I didn't think that anything embarrassed the girl." Then he smiled slightly to himself. "So cute..."

He certainly wasn't expecting the answer he received to his little question. Certainly his defense mechanism of a personality never warranted such a response from anyone of the female persuasion, even if he did have a small bit of physical attractiveness to himself.

Pathris came back to himself a bit of time later, any thinking he might have tried completely gone from the frantic kissing. As it was, he was drawing in as deep of breaths as he could manage, and he could feel and hear Moralae doing the same. Neither would be moving for a little while, it looked like. "Does this mean I'm in love?" he said quietly aloud between breaths, not realizing he was voicing his thoughts.

Finally, he remembered why he was underneath a table. Listening carefully, he could make out the voices of a few people. "I recognize those voices!" he whispered. "Two of my companions! Leave it to them to make an appearance when I'm busy."

[ 06-17-2003, 04:33 AM: Message edited by: Lord Starshadow ]
Lord Starshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 03:16 PM   #82
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Turgon more or less gawked openly as Skye showed herself in her new clothes. He didn't know why, though, it was just a momentary sudden surprise to see her like that. "I had honestly not expected that Skye would chose out something like that," he thought. "Not that I dislike it or anything, though."
His gawk soon turned into a grin, though, and he looked her up and down, deciding what he really thought about her clothes. "I like them," he soon said, still with a little grin on his mouth. "I am surprised of your selection, though, I had honestly expected you to chose something more... loose. But I like it, I really do."
Turgon then turned his look to Oskar. "Well, I guess that's all we need here. Perhaps we should go back to your own store, find some food suitable for adventurers, and agree on a price for all of this? Unless you have some more businesses here, Skye?"

[ 06-17-2003, 03:18 PM: Message edited by: Sir Exxon ]
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 03:52 PM   #83
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

ooc- well the top is relatively loose and flowing...

ic- Skye shrugged. "Well, I can move pretty easily in this, and this way I won't have some silly skirt that can get stuck or tripped over while we travel. And unless Ryukari saw something he wants, I'm ready." she glanced at the little "dragon," who was still inspecting the offending shirt. "I suppose we better find Pathris afterwards... We need to decide where to go from here." Skye picked up the amulet she had received not too long ago, and sighed. "Still no sign... nothing." Smiling again she asked "So, how much of a dent did I make in our cash with this outfit? I hope it's not too much..." she trailed off worriedly.

ooc- If I can access a good scanner (aka-not mine), then maybe I'll host a drawing of Skye sometime.. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 06-17-2003, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: Skydracgrrl ]
Skydracgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 03:07 AM   #84
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

(ooc: Skye-sis, I have a very good drawing of Kuroshi that I'd like to scan... But I'm afraid if I ink him I'll mess up his nipple piercings... )

Skye, Turgon, & Ryukari
Oskar smiled. "Don't worry little lady, clothes aren't too expensive, I'd say 5 gold for all you two have picked out. Now come along, let's get on back to the general store..." The clerk then dounsed all the lights he'd lit, then gestured everybody out the door. It creaked to a close, and he relocked it, and then they all headed back to the other shop.

Moralae
Moralae didn't answer for a moment, just rolled limply off of Pathris's torso, stared upward, and focused on breathing. After she'd caught her wind, her gaze averted back over to Pathris, calm in the amethyst eyes, yet an arch to her brow that suggested she was either ashamed of herself or nervous about something. She winked at Pathris's first comment "You could be in love. Or perhaps you're just all a flutter because that was your first kiss, you loser." She held up a hand in defense and to show she was only kidding. Then Pathris recognized the voices of the shoppers. Moralae didn't respond to this though, it only brought a thoughtful expression to her face. Both of them then heard the door creak shut and saw the shadows return to their playground a moment later. Moralae breathed a sigh of relief, then slided a bit closer to Pathris, looking him straight in the eye. "Pathris, I'd like to ask you a little something, if it's all right... Ehm... What are your thoughts on stealing a horse and going just about anywhere away from here?"
Killing Spree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 06:46 AM   #85
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Turgon gestured for Skye to go first through the door, as a real gentleman should. He then follod right behind her into the general store, where all they had picked out was placed at the counter. "I guess the only thing that remains is food," he said. "I'm not too picky on that part, you can just find something, Skye. Ryukari will probably have a say too."
The sorcerer then let Skye find whatever food she thought would be good for packing down, and also have a doable taste. Himself, Turgon started searching around in the store, making sure there was nothing they had forgotten.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 07:49 PM   #86
Lord Starshadow
Quintesson

ooc: I'd draw picture of Pathris, but my drawing ability lacks, how should I say it?, talent. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Pathris breathed a sigh of relief as he heard the door close, leaving him and Moralae by themselves again. He looked at Moralae out of the corner of his eye before chuckling at her "loser" comment. But he didn't say anything.

"Get away from here? Now why would we ever want to do that?" he replied to her idea. But he couldn't keep a straight face for more than a few seconds and he started to chuckle again. But he quickly turned serious. "Sounds intriguing. You must know a lot more about this... land than I do. Although, I can think of one place I'd rather not see again..." He trailed off, thinking back to the dungeon he and the others had escaped from not that long ago.

"Sounds like a good plan to me, though," he continued with a smile. "The sooner I get away from this wretched place, the better. I just have to let those two know. I owe them that much after being in that... place... with them. And I think I have something that one of them might find valuable."

He rolled out from under the table and stood up, waiting for Moralae to follow. He held out a hand to help her to her feet, not sure if she'd take the help, but offering anyway. "Well, let's finish gathering supplies, then I'll do what I have to and we can be off."
Old 06-23-2003, 11:08 PM   #87
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

(ooc: Sorry I didn't get to this, ya'll. :embarassed: Got into a bit o' trouble.)

Turgon, Skye, & Ryukari
Turgon didn't see anything else that they couldn't live without. Being budget conscious and stingy would probably be a better path for the moment anyway. Skye and Ryukari managed to round up some rations while he scanned the store. The majority of it was salted, dried, or preserved in some other fashion, and would stay healthful and edible for pretty much the rest of eternity, given it wasn't exposed to anything too extreme. Ryukari seemed particularly keen on the smell of dried apricots, and considering what he really is, that might be a good enough reason for a relieved sigh. After collecting everything you were going to purchase and setting it up on the counter, Oskar counted up everything, ununciating it all aloud to help himself keep track. "Let's see... Two outfits, trail rations, wand of missiles... 20 gold please!" Oskar smiled. Considering the number of charges on the wand, how much food you were buying, and the quality of the clothes you'd picked, you figured you were getting a pretty damn good deal.

Moralae
Moralae accepted the aid in standing up, then nodded her head. "Right, down to business. Let's hurry up and get this done." Moralae then proceeded to quickly gather up an outfit, seeming to know exactly where she was going. She picked out a silky tunic, some nice breeches, and new, still slightly too long cloak. She then clucked her tongue to get Pathris's attention. "I'm going to go round up that horse, you do what you need to do and meet me just down the road. Take the back gate, I'll be by the signpost, all right? Not too far, I swear. Just don't want to be hanging around with a stolen horse, eh? Anyway, don't take too long." She then blew a kiss at Pathris and hopped out the window, dashing off into the night.
Old 06-24-2003, 05:01 AM   #88
Lord Starshadow
Quintesson

Pathris nodded at Moralae, and went to gather the boots that had been thrown at him earlier. They had looked to be of good quality, and what he wanted more than anything from this store was a pair of boots. The shoes he had from his stay in the dungeon bothered him. He pulled them off and laced up the boots, smiling to himself as he found them to be a good fit.

Pathris looked up when Moralae clucked and nodded in reply. "Back gate, by the signpost. Gotcha." He smiled as she blew him a kiss, then added, "You should stop and grab us a snack before acquiring the horse. Just an idea."

He quickly rummaged through the store, looking for clothes better suited to him. He found the dark green tunic that Moralae had found earlier, this time in his size, and he slipped it on, his leather armor worn over the shirt. He exchanged the pants he was wearing for a different pair, ones that fit better. Now he felt better; more roguish. He also grabbed that red shirt that Moralae had seemed to like so much. "I must be smitten with that girl," he thought when he realized why he had grabbed it.

Finished with his business in the clothier, he made dash for the inn, where he figured Skye and Turgon would be staying the night. He just hoped that they hadn't gotten there before he could. He really didn't want to have to talk to them face to face; it might make him rethink leaving with Moralae.

He asked the innkeeper for a piece of parchment and some ink so he could write a quick note. He thought for a few moments, composing exactly what he wanted to say before writing. Without Moralae around, he had gone back to calculating everything coolly. Finally satisfied with his thoughts, he began to write in Elvish:

To Skye and Turgon,

By time you receive this, I'll be on my way out of this horrid little town. A more interesting proposition came up, and I was unable to refuse. But I haven't forgotten about you, else I wouldn't have bothered to write this note. I'm sure we'll run into each other again; I don't think I'll be able to escape you two. There were reasons why we were in that dungeon and not others, and I'm just as curious as you two as to what those reasons are. Therefore, don't be get too distraught over our (temporary) parting, as I'm certain by the time this is all over, we'll all have had our fill of each other. Be sure to stay alive as well, else you will ruin my perfectly laid plans for your deaths at my hands.

Give my warmest regards to the little dragon.

Until we meet again,
Pathris

P.S. Skye, I left a little present for you. You'll get more use out of it than I ever will. Keep it in good condition in case I ever want it back! And don't cry if you play the song that I played while we all slept in the room with the fountain.

He nodded as he finished the note, and pulled out the lyre he had found in the dungeon. Skye really would get more use out of it than he would. He handed both the instrument and the note to the innkeeper, instructing him carefully on who to give it to. "You'll know them when you see them. The male has a sickeningly good-natured personality and the woman is overly nice. Pretty cute too. If I find out that either of these didn't make it to them, you won't like the consequences," he finished with his most winning smile, as if he were joking.

Pathris then stepped out of the inn and took a deep breath. "Time for an adventure," he said aloud to himself, breaking into a wide smile. With a quick glance around to make sure no one was watching him, he took off down the road toward the back gate, looking for the signpost. "I hope I wasn't too long," he said sweetly to Moralae as he approached.

He looked back at Pnay one last time, before turning back to his new traveling companion. "Let's ride."

ooc: I'll be leaving on Saturday to head down to Texas for vacation. I'll be back the 11th of July, I believe. And then there is more fun the closer we get to the end of July.

[ 06-24-2003, 05:03 AM: Message edited by: Lord Starshadow ]
Old 06-24-2003, 10:04 PM   #89
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

Pathris & Moralae

Moralae had managed to steal a horse that looked more than fit for its purpose. It was tall enough that Pathris's knees wouldn't drag on the ground, seemed sturdy enough for two riders, and seemed raring to go.
Moralae tightened her grip on the reigns to constrict the prancing horse. It's red chestnut muscles shuddered as it consented to settle down for a moment, and Moralae beckoned. "Well, come on then, swing up!"

( [DC10] Pathris Ride Skill : 7 + 5 = 12 *SUCCESS* )

Pathris then managed to get a seat on the steed's back behind Moralae, somewhat ungracefully, but successful all the same. Moralae grinned and steadied him with one hand. She noted Pathris's posture, smirked, and instructed, "Don't worry about it, you just hold on and try to stay awake, okay? Tell me if you feel like you're gonna fall off, I'll slow 'im down." She then smiled genuinely and nodded her head, then faced forward again and nudged the horse with her heals. The beast responded immediately, tossing its head up and launching forward eagerly. Moralae stiffened suddenly and instinctively grabbed Pathris's thigh, pulling the reigns up to her chest. But after a moment of uncertainty the flightly colt settled into the smooth, rocking-horse motion of a canter, and Moralae exhaled. She looked back at Pathris over her shoulder and grinned. "Well if I didn't lose you then, you should be all right." She gave the horse a quick pat on the neck, then repositioned herself slightly, making sure she had complete control of the animal. Even though Pathris had never ridden a horse, Moralae did seem to have things right where she wanted them, and it didn't seem as though it would be too hard to stay on as long as he didn't try anything foolish. With luck, they would be to Amon Falas by mid-morning.
Old 06-27-2003, 04:02 AM   #90
Lord Starshadow
Quintesson

Pathris gave the horse a sidelong glance, slightly unnerved by the thing. He had never ridden a horse before, and he wasn't exactly sure how excited he was about the prospects of it this time.

He climbed up as best as he could, knowing that it wasn't going to look pretty. "Thank you, my dear," he said as Moralae helped steady him. But he obviously wasn't comfortable in the least, as Moralae noticed with a nice smile. "Stay awake? How do you expect me to sleep on this godsforsaken thing?" he asked incredulously. "Oh, and you'll know when I'm falling off this thing. In fact, I think the entire world will know." His nerves were making him a bit snappish.

He sighed, then was nearly thrown off the horse as Moralae got it to start. He latched on to her rather tightly until it settled down, his heart beating wildly. "I thought you knew how to ride one of these beasts?" he asked between clenched teeth.

When they finally got going, Pathris relaxed a little bit. It didn't seem like he would fall off, but he wasn't going to take any chances and held on to Moralae as they rode. "Where exactly are we going?" he asked, now much calmer. "Not that it will help me any, since I haven't a clue where I am now. But I'm hoping that you at least will have some idea."

He took a moment to think about his former companions. How much crying were they doing right now? Probably a lot, since he was obviously an intregal part of the group. "Their loss," he thought to himself. "At least I'm out of Pnay."