Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2003, 10:39 PM   #71
Lord Starshadow
Quintesson

Pathris rubbed his head after the boot hit his head, but he did not turn around. "That's only one boot. Where's the other?" He paused to pick up the boot and studied it. "Make sure it's the one that goes with this one, please. I don't want two right boots or mismatching ones."
Lord Starshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 09:01 PM   #72
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

ooc- i threw that boot in retaliation for yer comment, starshadow [img]tongue.gif[/img]
sorry y'all, history final called.. [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img] if ya want more details check my ORT post ^^;

ic- Skye straightened after examining the bow, and flashed the shopkeeper and Turgon a smile. "Ready when you are," she said. "And I'll make sure that Turgon writes you a letter, if we are able to get the wand identified," she said to Oskar confidently.
Skydracgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 08:08 PM   #73
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

(ooc: Argh, sorry, sorry. I thought Skye had run off again... [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] *Dodges flying boots*)

The Party

Oskar handed the wand of magic missiles to Turgon and smiled. "You just hold onto that for now, we'll count everything up when you're done picking everything out." He then closed the door to the closet quietly, and reached down to his belt to a ring of keys. He picked out one thin grey key then gestured for his customers to follow him. "Right this way!" He grabbed a candle off the counter as he lead you through the store's backdoor, and to the front door of the darkened clothier's shop. "Right, let me just unlock this door..."

The second, opposite boot slid across the floor and hit its partner a moment later. Pathris then heard a quiet muttering of "Shoot, the potion's wearing off." He might have started looking for Moralae, but the handle of the door started clicking. Somebody was trying to get it from the outside, and knowing Pnay, they were probably doing so legally. Moralae didn't seem to notice the need to hide though, as she leapt from the last strands of her invisibility at Pathris head-on.

( [DC 10] Pathris Dodge = 1 *CRITICAL FAILURE*)

Pathris either was caught unaware, wasn't fast enough, or just didn't feel like getting out of Moralae's way, and so was knocked flat on his back with a loud thud. In fact, his attempts were so belated, that she had successfully pinned and straddled him before he'd even realized what happened. Moralae smirked triumphantly for a moment, opening her mouth to say something glib. It didn't get out though. Her amethyst eyes widened, and the loud creak of poorly oiled hinges resonated through the shop. A frantic look came across her face for a moment, but she bit her lip. She seemed to have a last-second idea.

( [DC 15] Moralae Hide = 9 + 9 = 18 *SUCCESS*, [DC 18] Moralae Tumble = 13 + 8 = 21 *SUCCESS*, [DC 15] Pathris Hide = 18 + 10 = 28 *SUCCESS*, [DC 18] Pathris Tumble = 12 + 7 = 19 *SUCCESS* ) {DM COMMENT: [img]tongue.gif[/img] You rogues are DAMN lucky you're so skilled!}

Oskar began heading towards various lanterns with his candle. But in the last moments of darkness, Moralae's went to quick, impulsive action in a final attempt to save them from being caught. She lay down flat on top of the Pathris, grabbed him around the neck and leaned her weight to one side desperately, hoping he'd catch on. He did, and the two of them quickly rolled over one another twice to find sanctuary beneath a table draped with long skirts, Moralae bracing her foot against the wall in the end to stop their momentum. Moralae then cursed beneath her breath. "No cloak and no potion!" Her shoulders slumped for a second in dissapointment with herself. She added, "Just keep still, okay?" Keeping herself still atop Pathris she peered quietly between two of the skirts, making absolutely sure they wouldn't be seen. She turned back to Pathris a moment later with a grin and whispered, "That's some nice work! Quite a tough spot!"

( Pathris Charisma Check = 20 + 1 = 21 )

Moralae then paused and looked down at Pathris for a moment with a soft, genuine smile. Those amethyst eyes Pathris had found so striking before now seemed quite admiring of him. Brushing a lock of her stunning, if still just slightly damp hair out of her eyes, Moralae then put one of her hands on Pathris's cheek. She bit her lip for a moment, her eyes shifting towards the skirts to make sure nobody was watching, then smiled again and gave Pathris a very gentle yet nonetheless quite profound kiss to the mouth. (And all things considered, this is probably one of the best kisses Pathris has ever gotten.)

Oskar lit several lanterns in the shop with his candle until the entire room was illuminated well. He smiled back at Skye, Turgon, and Ryukari, then gestured broadly for them to look around. "Well then, here we are!" Oskar beamed and looked around the shop, noticing a few items fallen on the floor. The clerk looked suspicious and confused, surveying the shop steadily for a cause.

( [DC 16] Oskar Spot = 8 + 4 = 12 *FAILURE* )

The old man then threw up his hands. "Ah, there's what it is! Somebody left the window open! The wind must have knocked a few things off the racks. Do excuse that." Oskar then made his way over to the window and closed it with a creak.

(ooc: Congratulations to our dear rogue Pathris, my dice adore you. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I tried everything I could to break up that fairy tale post, but it seems love triumphs over d20s. Don't get used to it, and don't say I never do anything nice for you! Getting kissed by an 18 charisma elf chick on your first date... It makes me SICK! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] )
Killing Spree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 01:30 PM   #74
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

ooc- some people get all the luck.. next town- Skye poptarts! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

ic- Skye smiled at Oskar."That's okay. See anything you like?" she asked Turgon, and then included Ryukari in the question too, just in case he saw something that piqued his draconic curiousity. She walked forward and took hold of a cloak and held it out, examining it.
Old 06-15-2003, 03:40 PM   #75
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Turgon quickly thanked the clerk, before he turned to Skye, and sighed. "Never liked walking around and look for clothes," he said with a wry smile. "I see nothing that immediatly catches my eye, though, so I guess I will need some time." He lightly grinned at Skye, before he turned against the many racks with clothes. He sighed again, and shook his head. "No, this is all too overwhelming. I've never been any good at locating through shelves after shelves, and I don't plan to get any good at it either. Oskar, do you have any dark redish robe, and something to go with that?"
He turned his head to Skye, and said, "Believe me, it is best off this way. If you let me find my clothes without any guidance... Well, let's just say that you would refuse to walk out on the street with me." He winked at her, and grinned, before turning back to Oskar.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 04:22 PM   #76
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

(ooc: Incidently Skye, I'm buying some new dice as soon as possible. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Oh, and both you and Exxon are being given a token. Cash in this token when you want a perfect post scenario like that. It's only fair.)

Turgon

Oskar nodded after he closed the window. "Ah of course, let me help you." The clerk then peered around the store. "Well, there's some sort of half robes over there..." He pointed to a small stack of folded robes that went down to about the mid-thigh. "And there's breeches over there, the black ones would go nice with the red I think." He then turned his gaze to Skye, looking at the cloaks. "Ah, and any ol' cloak should do, I think. Not sure which ones would fit you right... That purple one maybe?" He smiled. "Might want to run it by the lady, I'm not the best at this either."

Ryukari

Ryukari began curiously peeping around the shop, examining all the brightly colored clothes with wide eyes. He found one garment Oskar hadn't picked up yet on the floor, a rather obnoxious shirt. He cocked his head to the side for a moment, then tried to put it on. The shirt would have only fit him in his dragon form though, and he managed to get himself tangled and caught within it. He shrieked, being trapped within the shirt. "Skyeee! Help!"

[ 06-15-2003, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: Killing Spree ]
Old 06-16-2003, 03:43 AM   #77
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Turgon nodded at Oskar's suggestion. It all seemed like something he would chose himself, if he had had any taste for clothes. "Sounds good," he said to the clerk, and smiled.
He first went over to the garb of folded robes, and quickly browsed through them, before he settled with a red one. He quickly found a pair of black breeches to go with them, before he went over to where Skye was, to the cloaks. And purple was a color that had always appealed him, atleast when it was a bit dark, which the cloak Oskar had gestured to was. Turgon picked it out, and folded it around himself, seeing if it fitted. It did. He then turned to Skye, and said, "Well, what do you think? Is this something I could show myself in in the public?"
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 04:39 AM   #78
Lord Starshadow
Quintesson

ooc: I don't know how that was a perfect post since Pathris critically failed his dodge attempt. If Skye and Exxon are to get a free post, they have to take a critical failure in it as well. Only fair, I think. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I only wish I could be as lucky as Pathris.

Pathris had been lost in his thoughts for a few moments, and the next thing he knew, Moralae was on top of him and the store door sounded like it was being opened. Instinct took over then, and he followed Moralae's lead, rolling to the safety of the shadows underneath a table.

He sighed very softly as they came to a stop, Moralae on top once again. He had been so close to finding something that would suit him and then he had to be interrupted! Curse his luck!

Then he looked at Moralae. She was giving him a look that he had never before encountered from any female. He didn't even notice her first smile; he was lost in her amethyst eyes for the moment. When she turned to make a quick look to make sure no one saw them, he finally blinked. He was just about to try and figure out what that look meant when he saw her turn back to him, smile, and proceed to kiss him.

Poor Pathris. There had never been a puzzle that he would run from, never been a situation he couldn't think his way out of, yet this was something outside his boundries. His brain froze. That little thing he called thinking had left the building. He felt like someone had just left his head, but left the lights and the front door open. Yet he thoroughly enjoyed every second of that kiss.

He desperately tried to think of what to do as they broke the kiss. How was he supposed to react? What would any other male do in that situation? Play it cool? Nod and wink seductively? But then it hit him: he would do the thing that all the casanovas did that drove the ladies crazy. And he succeeded... that is, succeeded at embarrassing himself by blushing. He just couldn't help it, and the more he thought about it, the redder his face got.

Then, he topped it all. He looked at her with now innocent green eyes and whispered, "Thank you. May I have another?" all thoughts of clothes, boots, being embarrassed, or even the people now entering the store, gone.

Well, on the bright side, he really couldn't make that much more of a fool out of himself.

ooc: Er, I think this may have been too late a night for me, amazingly enough. Now I think I will try sleeping. I bet you I'll be more coherent when I wake up.
Lord Starshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 01:10 PM   #79
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

(ooc: I think we all wish we could be as lucky as Pathris. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Let's just see if it holds up... *Glares at dice*)

Moralae

( [DC 18] Pathris Charisma Check = 18 + 1 = 19 *SUCCESS* , [DC 12] Moralae Will Save = 1 - 1 = 0 *MASS CRITICAL FAILURE* )

Some color came to Moralae's cheeks too as they broke off, and it was combined with a sheepish, yet somehow sly grin. She tried to cover the blush by putting her hand over her face and turning away, but was still looking at Pathris shyly from the corner of her eyes. He then asked so very harmlessly if he could just perhaps have another. Probably not an expected outcome for either party, Moralae's eyes immediately widened and her head nodded profusely as she piped an all-too-keen and eagerly strained "Yeah..!!" Moralae then leaned forward, moving her hand from her face to Pathris's hair as she did so, and delivered not only the kiss Pathris had asked for, but as many kisses as could be had before they were both asphyxiated. The roguess, so poised and confident before, was now, in essence, melting in Pathris's arms.

( [DC 15] Pathris Fortitude Save = 10 - 1 = 9 *FAILURE* , [DC 19] Moralae Fortitude Save = 16 + 1 = 17 *FAILURE* )
Effect: When these two stop monkeying around, they will both be stunned for 1 round.

(ooc: "A high DC for him, a reasonable DC for her, no way it'll go so good this time." Little did I know the horror that was about to unfold... [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
Old 06-16-2003, 08:12 PM   #80
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

ooc- muahahah, im gonna be holding onto this token until i meet some of skye's poptarts... *very evil, slightly naughty grin* eh, sis? *winkwink* [img]graemlins/evillaughter2.gif[/img]
Ah, don't we all wish it could happen in rl, eh, Pathris.. :sigh: some people just get all the luck..

ic- Skye covered her mouth to supress a giggle and said to Turgon, who was waiting for her to "inspect" him, "Just a moment, Ryukari seems to, uh, need my assistance." Rushing to the little creature's aid, she gently untangled him from the offending shirt. "I hate it when that happens, you should've seen it when I had a bad encounter with a skirt..." she shook her head melodramatically. "Lemme tell ya, the score was 3-0, skirt winning." Skye winked at Ryukari, then stared thoughtfully at Turgon's new garb. Nodding, she said "Very suave. I like the new look, Turgon. Hopefully I'll turn out half as good." Winking at him with a grin, Skye went to the back to change into some articles of clothing she had picked out. Emerging a short time later, she spun around. "Well, what do ya think?" she asked her "audience" with a grin. She was wearing tight dark blue leggings, and a lace-up, dark purple tunic, which complimented her amethyst-azure eyes, that ended mid-calf. Skye had neglected to lace it up all the way, so a cream coloured shirt peeked out near the top. "It look okay, or is my fashion sense real off?" Skye persisted.

ooc-tempting outfits are funnn....