Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-07-2001, 08:19 PM   #1
crymson77
Manshoon

It happened completley by chance. I had like four gem bags and I hadn't sold any in some time. I was down in the bridge district, when I decided I'll check out that stupid door, that I assumed was there just to make me mad. With out telling me that I need to gather my party, they took all of my rouge stones, and sucked me inside. I had eight of those stones, and the're worth a pretty penny. So there is a lich and a few of his planner friends, no biggie, the're all dead now, and there was a pretty cool rod or something in there too. I guess I'm just wondering, is that all there is? I mean, after all this time of wondering what the hell is that door was for, I'm left with the feeling of, what the hell was that door for? I'm happy with the experience and the magic items, but I'm left comfused. I mostly want to know why that door is a portal at all, to anywhere? Also there is a coudren of blood, you can click on it and it says something about "the path yet remains"? What path? The one that leads outside, or the one that clues me in on what plane they took me to. Anyone have any insights?

------------------
Kevryc
Old 10-07-2001, 08:24 PM   #2
Darth Bob
Drow Warrior

nope sorry, I never did the Lich quest, who initeas it anyway?
Old 10-07-2001, 08:48 PM   #3
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by crymson77:
It happened completley by chance. I had like four gem bags and I hadn't sold any in some time. I was down in the bridge district, when I decided I'll check out that stupid door, that I assumed was there just to make me mad. With out telling me that I need to gather my party, they took all of my rouge stones, and sucked me inside. I had eight of those stones, and the're worth a pretty penny. So there is a lich and a few of his planner friends, no biggie, the're all dead now, and there was a pretty cool rod or something in there too. I guess I'm just wondering, is that all there is? I mean, after all this time of wondering what the hell is that door was for, I'm left with the feeling of, what the hell was that door for? I'm happy with the experience and the magic items, but I'm left comfused. I mostly want to know why that door is a portal at all, to anywhere? Also there is a coudren of blood, you can click on it and it says something about "the path yet remains"? What path? The one that leads outside, or the one that clues me in on what plane they took me to. Anyone have any insights?

That's the Twisted Rune battle. And that's it. Just some
experience and usually quite a few reloads. The earlier in
the game you go, the tougher it is. I also had the problem
with the gems, except my entire bag disappeared. Not just the
Rogue Stones, but the entire bag..Now I need another Bejuril.
Old 10-08-2001, 04:06 AM   #4
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

theres a patch that connected the twisted rune with the guarded compound, which was in turn connected with the slavers. apparently, especially considering the whole isaea subplot, this was the final part of an omitted quest. still, good fight, great staff.
Old 10-08-2001, 09:03 AM   #5
waverider
Symbol of Cyric

good fight good staff

just like he said
Old 10-09-2001, 01:51 AM   #6
crymson77
Manshoon

I haven't used the staff yet. I scared of what might happen. What the heck does it do?
Old 10-09-2001, 02:26 AM   #7
Desuma_Malevois

Just read the description and use your imagination It is, arguably, THE best staff in the game for a mage to possess, and if you've got a mage/thief in the party (like Jan Jansen) it's a backstabber's wet dream and your foes' worst nightmare (hint - think invisibility).